CHAPTER 1

Last Valentines

 

CHAPTER 1

 

 

Son Seungwan is cheating on me.”

“Break-up with her.” Seulgi said

“Joy unnie go for her limbs, I’ll cover her neck.” It was Yeri

“Who said you could have her neck?!” Joy asked eyeing Yeri “You go pull all her limbs, I’ll turn her neck 180 degree. I al—“

“Yah!” Irene yelled at them “Who said you could touch her limbs let alone pull it?! And a hundred eighty degree?” Irene she gasped in disbelief as she stands looking at the three “Do you all want to die?”

“Why? You said she was cheating on you.” Joy said

Irene made a deep sighed as she slumped her body on her seat.

“What did she do this time?” Yeri asked looking weirdly Irene, as well as Joy and Seulgi as if waiting for some miracle words from her.

“She texted me that she’ll be busy today and that she might not be able to see me so I went to her classroom to see her because I miss her so much...” Irene said then paused remembering the scene earlier

“And then?” Joy asked impatiently

“She was talking to her classmate and she’s smiling so wide I thought would rip apart. I th-“

“Asaaaa!” Yeri yelled as she jumps on her seat with balled fist in the air, smiling in victory while Joy and Seulgi looked in defeat, confusing Irene

“I got my lunch and snack covered for tomorrow.” Yeri said in delight as she went back to seat, looking at Joy and Seulgi 

Irene’s confusion turns into a frown “Did you...” she said glancing at the three “Did you just make a bet just now?”

“Of course we did.” Joy admits non-chalantly “We knew as soon as you walk through that door wearing that frown screaming “I caught Son Seungwan cheating on me”

“No, I don’t.” Irene denies with a straight face, though she’s already dying of embarrassment

“Oh, please.”Yeri scoffed “And why do you think we made a bet, if your brows wasn’t screaming it?”

Irene clears , denying it more will only make her dig her own grave deeper “So, Yeri won because she bet that Seungwan is smiling to that woman. How about you Seul, what did you bet?”

“Seungwan looking at her lovingly.”

“Yah!” Irene yelled as soon as those words left Seulgi’s mouth “Why would Seungwan look at her lovingly? Is she the girlfriend? No, because I am.”

“Why are you getting angry? You said it last week.”Seulgi defends “You said she was—“

“Don’t.” Irene said gritting her teeth “Don’t make me remember it.”

Seulgi sealed her lips tight in understanding or she might not live to see another day if she breathes another word about it.

Irene then looked at Joy “Please tell me you’re not as ridiculous as Yeri and Seulgi.”

Joy scoffed “As if. What do you take me for?”

“So?” Irene asked

“I said she’d be pouting.” Joy said non-chalantly

“P-pout?”Irene looking at her in horror

“What? She’s a pouty.” Joy added as Irene exploded

“She’s not!”

“If that’s what the girlfriend says.” Joy tease, Irene was about to retort when Joy added “Maybe she’s just being polite to her classmate unnie, you know how polite she is.”

“Why can’t she just be impolite and rude the way she was with me when we first met?” Irene asked helplessly

 

“Stop staring at me you .” Irene said sternly at Wendy who is staring at her for a good minute now.

“I’m sorry, I was—“Wendy was about to explain when Joy, Seulgi and Yeri came

“Is everything alright?” Seulgi asked seeing the frown on Irene’s face, then glance back at Wendy

“It’s already killing me that I’ve had to endure the ‘pretty’ comments in this school and now I have to deal with a ert too. I do—“

“You weren’t that pretty.” Wendy stated, shocking Irene to the highest level as well as the three.

 “W-what?” Irene asked still hasn’t recover from Wendy’s blow that she heard for the first time in her life.

“I said you weren’t that pretty.” Wendy repeats as Irene looked at her as if the world has fallen into her while Joy, Seulgi and Yeri burst out laughing “And I wasn’t staring because of your so called pretty face, you have a chocolate in your teeth.”

 

“Maybe if you didn’t call her ‘’ she won’t be rude to you.” Yeri said

“I still remember the looked in your face when Wendy unnie said that you weren’t that pretty.” Joy said laughing

“I remember it clearly that I could draw it right now.” Seulgi added as Irene face palming herself from embarrassment remembering the first time she and Wendy met, she couldn’t see her face but she’s pretty sure it was as horrible as the three describes it.

Wendy told her that she wasn’t that pretty while looking at her straightly, standing in front of her deadly gorgeous face, that she had never once heard all her life, of course she’d look worse than she can imagine.

 

“Wendy unnie was so cool, ‘You weren’t that pretty’” Yeri said imitating the way Wendy had said it “So cool.” Then sighed deeply “I wonder where that cool Wendy unnie went.”

“She’s much cooler now, you know.” Irene said in defense of Wendy

“How? By being disgustingly cutely, pouty, smiley now?”

“Why? What’s wrong with that? I like her cute.” Irene said smiling

“Smiling now? You’re not angry anymore after you caught her cheating?” Joy asked

Irene’s figure turns straight, crossing her arms “I am so going to ignore her, you just wait and see.”

 

“Oh, isn’t that the cheater?” Joy said looking at the cafeterias’ door

Irene snapped her neck to the door. Smile curved up on her lips immediately as soon as she saw Wendy walking towards them, her with that big bright smile.

 

“Ignore her, my .” Joy said

“Seriously unnie, you can’t even hold yourself for like five seconds so you can at least save your dignity in front of us.” Yeri said

“Unnie,”

“Not you too Seul.” Irene said not taking her eyes off at Wendy “It’s killing me too that I like her so much.”

 

 

“Hello, gorgeous.” Wendy said as she planted a kiss on top of Irene’s head, making Irene smile from ear to ear.

“You said she weren’t that pretty before” Yeri said as Wendy took a seat beside Irene

“You know how the saying goes, love is blind and that you’ll find everything pretty.” Wendy answered cheekily as she look at Irene “What can I do, I fell in love.”

Irene blush shyly at the remarks.

“You know she caught you cheating just now.” Seulgi said

Wendy looked at Seulgi grinning “I must be losing my touch, I keep getting caught.”

Irene just rolled her eyes at the exchange any attempt to defend herself now will only make the teasing longer “I thought you’ll be busy today, what are you doing here?” 

“I need to charge.” Wendy answered

“How many times do I have to tell you that don’t leave your house without charging your phone, what if there’s an emergency and we can’t contact you because your phone’s dead” Irene said as she pulled her bag and took out her power bank “Where’s your phone?” she asked as Wendy handed it to her, her brows creases when it light up indicating that it’s charging and saw that it’s still full.

“It’s no—“ She couldn’t finish what she’s going to say when Wendy pulled her into a hug

“What’s gotten into you? You don’t like doing PDA.” Irene said, though they’re already dating for almost a year now, Wendy still get shy from holding Irene’s hand when they’re walking, hugging each other in public, especially in kissing her, Wendy would still look around before she kiss her even in cheeks in case that there are people who can see them. Though Irene doesn’t have any problem in doing all of it in front of people, it’s not like they are making out and it’s just a sweet simple holding hand, hugs and kisses.

Wendy isn’t the type to initiate a skinship, sometimes she’d still ask Irene’s permission before she does.

 

‘Can I hold your hand?’

‘Can I give you a hug?’

‘Can I kiss you?’

Though Irene had already told her that she can just grab her hand, pulled her into a bone crushing hug or kiss her non-stop, she’d still asked as if Irene would break or that she might scare her away if she ever does it without her permission first.

This brings her to their first fight as a couple.

“Seungwan-ah~” Irene greeted when she saw Wendy entering the school gate

“Good morning.” Wendy greeted back, smiling fully

“Good morning.” Irene said as she intertwine her hand on Wendy

She felt Wendy stiff at the sudden touch, then the next second Wendy detaching her hands from her “People are staring.” 

“Son Seungwan, are you ashamed of me?” Irene asked in frustration

“What? No!” Wendy quickly answered “Never.”

“Then why won’t you hold my hand?” Irene asked “You think I don’t notice when we’re walking that you would put this space between us as if I have a disease. Seungwan I’m your girlfriend I’m not just anybody.”

“That’s the problem, me as your girlfriend and you not being just anybody.” Wendy said “Are you sure it’s okay for you that I am your girlfriend and not someone who’s more dashing or gorgeous lining up for you and more fit to walk with you side by side, more deserving to hold your hand and receive your hugs and be called your boyfriend or girlfriend?”

Irene both hold her hand as she looked at her “Seungwan…”

Wendy met her gaze “I’m just me Joohyun.”

“And that’s why I fell in love in with you, because you are you.” Irene said smiling at her softly “I love the fact that you are you and that it’s you that I gave my heart to.”

Wendy couldn’t help but smile tearfully at Irene “I love you.”

“I love you too.” Irene said smiling at her “What’s so great about me anyway? I’m not that pretty.”

 

Wendy initiating a big hug like this in public and in front of her friends warms and melts Irene’s heart as she returns the hug. “You didn’t actually cheat on me, right? Because you’re good as dead.”

Wendy smiles as she comfortably leaned her chin on Irene’s shoulder and hugs her tighter “I heard your hug has a power, I am so drain from studying so I need your hug to recharge myself.” She said closing her eyes,

Irene couldn’t help smiling as she starts caressing Wendy’s back “Well you didn’t heard wrong, you can always come up to me and I’ll give you the most powerful hug out there.”

“I love you, Bae Joohyun.”

“I love you too, Son Seungwan.”

 

“I’m not eating anymore.” Yeri said whining

Joy put down her fork as she clenches her teeth “Right in front of my salad.”

“How disgusting.” Seulgi said “Do it more often.”

 

“I got to go.” Wendy said as she pulled back from Irene

“Already?”

“I have to go and pay attention to my mistress too, I’m a fair woman.” Wendy said

Irene brow rise up “I bet she’s boring.”

“And frustrating too.” Wendy answered cackling “Still, I need to understand her even if she annoys me to death.”

“What are you two talking about?”

“Oh, she’s talking about her book.” Irene said as Wendy showed her two inches book

“Can’t I go with you? I promise I won’t disturb you.” Irene said

“Oh, you didn’t know?”

“What?”

“That you keep running on my mind disturbing me even when we’re not together what more could happen even if you’re just sitting beside me, I’m pretty sure I’d only end up staring at you.”

“Eyyy!”

“Can you please leave so I can eat my salad in peace?”

Wendy and Irene chuckles.

“I am so going to glued myself to you after this hell week.”

Irene smiles at her “I’d love that.”

 

//

 

“Hyun…” Wendy called while lying on Irene’s bed

“Yeah?” Irene answered not taking her attention to her assignment

“Since you’re still busy and I’m not doing anything, mind if I close my eyes for an hour or two? I don’t want to fall asleep in the middle of the movie.”

“Yeah, sure.” Irene answered looking at her smiling “I’ll wake you up.”

 

After a few hours, Wendy squinted, blinking her eyes to adjust from the surrounding and saw Irene staring at her softly.

“Hey.” Wendy greeted meeting Irene’s gaze

“When you said you’re going to glued yourself to me for a whole day, I didn’t know you meant sleeping in my bed for half a day.” Irene said staring lovingly at Wendy

“I’m sorry.” Wendy mumble

“You’re lucky I like watching you sleep.” Irene said as she kisses the tip of Wendy’s nose and then snuggles on Wendy’s neck, her hand on Wendy’s waist.

“Why didn’t you wake me up?” Wendy asked as she wrapped her arms on Irene’s

“You’re sleeping peacefully.”

“I haven’t had a decent sleep in a while, maybe I should get the same bed.” Wendy said

Irene pulled up as she put both her hands in each side of Wendy, trapping her “Are you sure it’s the bed?” she asked with a sly grin

In an instant, Wendy sweeps her down and changed their position. Irene is now beneath her trapping her in her arms.

She then stares at Irene “You know, if you keep teasing me like that I can’t promise I can’t hold myself back.”

She felt Irene stiffen, as well as the gulped that Irene made and the blush creeping up her face didn’t go unnoticed. Irene always love Wendy’s reaction each time she teases her like this, she would blush, get shy, stutter and everything and for the first time Wendy had fought back and she didn’t know what to do. Irene felt herself stop breathing when Wendy leaned down, tip of their nose touching and grinning playfully “I’m just a human Joohyun.”

“A-are you crazy?!” Irene managed to speak at the situation as she pushed Wendy forcefully out of her and quickly stepped out of the bed

“Why?” Wendy asked innocently, suppressing the laughter from coming out of her

“W-Why?” Irene asked in disbelief “Did you hit your head?”

“What do they call it again? A taste of your own medicine.” Wendy teased

“I-I’ll get the dinner ready.” Irene said bashfully and quickly run out of the room.

Wendy chuckles as soon as Irene’s figure fades away “Maybe I should do it more often.”

 

//

 

“Hyun…” Wendy called from the bathroom

Irene took her eyes off from the book she’s reading “Yes?”

“I got sauce on my shirt, can I borrow one of yours?”

“What are you a kid?” Irene chuckles “Give me a second.” as she put down the book she’s reading and went to her cabinet and grabbed a shirt.

She knocked on the bathroom and Wendy opened it and reached her hand. Irene was about to hand her the shirt but retracted as she remember how Wendy had earlier and now it’s payback time.

“Hyun?” Wendy asked when she didn’t feel the shirt on her hand. “Hyun?” She called again as peak her head on the door and saw Irene standing by the door holding the shirt grinning.

Irene extended her arms holding the shirt to Wendy but before Wendy could grab it, she pulled back and cackled seeing the crease appearing on Wendy’s face.

Irene crossed her arms on her chest, as if mocking “Say the magic word.”

“Shirt, please.”

Irene chuckles at the pleading tone as she extended her arm again but pulled back again before Wendy could grab it for the second time and laughed wholeheartedly.

“You…” Wendy said as she pushed the door and stepped out as Irene runs away holding the shirt cackling. She was about to follow her but stopped when she felt the cold coming from the air condition seeping on her upper body.

“It’s cold.” She muttered hugging herself then looked at Irene who was standing not far from her “Hyun…”

“—“

“Joohyun.” She called again

“I know, staring is bad.” Irene mumble

Wendy chuckles when she realizes that Irene wasn’t looking at her entirely but her gaze fix and focus on her stomach. “I was going to say the shirt but yeah, staring is bad. You once called me a ert for staring at you.”

“I’m not a ert.” Irene said looking at Wendy “I’m just… I just want to confirm the rumor going around.”

Wendy grinned as she took a step forward “What rumor?”

Irene gulped as her gaze went down on Wendy’s bare stomach “That you have a nice and rock toned abs behind the shirt.”

Wendy laughs “They’re exaggerating.”

“Trust me, they’re not.” Irene said mindlessly eyes still on Wendy’s glorious body “No wonder your fangirls are really going crazy over it. I always hated it each time I hear them talking about your body like it’s some display and all but now I can’t actually blame them.”

Wendy laughs again “What?”

“I know it’s there because I sometimes feel it when we hugged or when we cuddle but feeling and seeing it is different and it’s my first time seeing you only in your bra without a shirt on.” Irene said again “I can’t really blame them going crazy about it.”

Wendy couldn’t help laughing again “Really? Should I stay like this for while then?”

“Yes, please.” Irene replied without a second thought

Wendy laughs again as she took a step towards Irene “I guess, you’re just a human too.” As much as she like teasing Irene like this and get the most out of this rare moment, coldness is really getting on her and she might catch a cold if she continues staying like this for another second. “You know it’s really getting cold and it’s really getting late and if we want to finish that movie you wanted to see so bad we should start now. What is it again?”

“I don’t remember and I honestly can’t think anything right now.” Irene said now looking at Wendy’s face

Wendy smile as she snatched the shirt on Irene’s hand “Maybe you’ll remember after I put the shirt on.” She said as she wears the t-shirt on “Why don’t you get the movie ready while I make us some popcorn.”

“Can’t we just cuddle for tonight?” Irene said as she hugged Wendy, poking her stomach “I prefer it more than watching a movie a name I can’t remember.”

Wendy chuckles as she planted a kiss on Irene’s head “I’d love that.”