Chapter 1: You

The Perfect Storm
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Title: The Perfect Storm
Main Pairing: Minatozaki Sana and Myoui Mina
Disclaimer: I do not own TWICE, JYPE, etc. Only the story.

"If she was a drink, she'd be single barrel bourbon on ice,
Smooth with a kick, a chill and a burn all at the same time."

Chapter 1: You

 

“Jeong, what is our current status?” Nayeon asked as she stood beside a wall in front of her partner, Agent Jeongyeon.

 

“Tracing is still in progress, current status is at 87%, almost there,” Jeongyeon responded “Just need a little more time.” She gave Nayeon a brief glance and trained her eyes back at the small tracking device in her hand.

 

There have been countless logs of intrusions on the TWICE network over the past few months, easily cracking protected sensitive files. This hacker got the much needed attention when hidden files that a common hacker can never access started getting downloaded and as soon as the leader noticed some familiar patterns on the records, she ordered a retrieval operation for this hacker and assigned Nayeon and Jeongyeon for this special mission.

 

The said hacker is currently inside their network, opening archived files that they intentionally let her so they can trace the hacker’s location.

 

“Chaeng, are there other ways to make this faster?” Nayeon asked through her com.

 

“Sorry, this one is crazy-skilled, I’m lucky enough that I can keep up with this hacker. But doing everything I can, can’t let this one go, of course.” Chaeyoung, their resident computer specialist responded while her brows creased in front of her laptop in concentration.

 

Meanwhile in another location, another mission is also on-going.

“Dahyun and I are now in position ma’am.” Mina cautiously voiced through her com.

 

“Buggy is on the go.” Dahyun’s voice went through and Mina looked at her, confused.

 

“Buggy?” Jihyo, their leader, asked through the com, confused as well.

 

“It’s my new gadget, it’s a mini version of what we usually deploy but it’s specifically designed to be invisible to the human eyes, that’s why I’m wearing a certain pair of glasses created solely for it,” Dahyun explained in a matter of fact manner, “good thing is, I also programmed it to go back to the one who controls it and in the worst case scenario, it will self-destruct. It can be an advantage when it gets to our enemies as we can inflict injury on them. Neat huh?” Dahyun grinned smugly.

 

“O…kay? And how would it help us retrieve the EUO?” Jihyo asked, no idea with the majority of what Dahyun had explained.

 

“Buggy’s lens is integrated with the glasses that I’m wearing, making me see whatever it sees plus it has a special ray that can scan through objects and upload those data based on the object’s signature, density, radiation—” Dahyun was cut by Jihyo.

 

“Save it Agent Kim, I’ll leave it up to you two nerds as long as you can retrieve the EUO,” Jihyo paused for a second and added “Be careful both of you.”

 

“Yes, ma’am.” Mina and Dahyun affirmed in unison.

 

Mina and Dahyun were tasked to go undercover inside a diner near Nayeon’s unit to retrieve a suspected EUO, a codename that stands for Entity of Unknown Origin. A black van is stationed a few blocks from the diner for extraction purposes.

 

“First, Gun with the Wind and now Buggy?” Mina casually asked Dahyun while attentively looking around.

 

“What? You can give them better names? I bet you’ll name Buggy something fancy like Microscopic Artificial Intelligence, right?” Dahyun retorted as she kept her head straight as she observed something through her glasses, “Oh wait, you’re right, MAI it is!” she added excitedly.

 

“First, I didn’t say anything and second, MAI? What’s next? She’s Japanese?” Mina scrunched her face as she noticed someone stood up and went inside the restroom.

 

“Haha funny Myoui.” Dahyun mocked her partner.

 

“MyoKim, additional task for you two,” They heard Jihyo commanded through their com, “Observe your location for a suspicious woman with a laptop, our hacker is most probably by herself and will most likely be hidden in an isolated corner of the diner.”

 

“MyoKim?” Dahyun asked and Mina glared at her.

 

“Just observe, whatever happens, do not engage, wait for Nayeon, keep me updated if you think you found her. Understood?” Jihyo has a solid voice as she commanded the two Scientists.

 

“Copy that.” The two responded in unison.

 

“Nayeon, I want your team in MyoKim’s location immediately,” Jihyo ordered through their comms, “Jeongyeon, keep on working with Chaeng, I’m sure that hacker would already know that we’re after her and will be on the move in a while, monitor her location if you can.”

“On it.”

 

Nayeon and three other agents from the 2Yeon team dropped their current position to head to the diner.

 

Mina noticed a girl stood up and got an idea.

“Hey Dahyun, for a while, I’ll just go to the ladies room.” Mina said as she began to stand up.

 

“This is not the time for that Mina.” Dahyun disagreed.

 

Mina rolled her eyes and was forced to tell her oblivious partner her plan, “I know, of course, I’m going to check that area for the hacker, you stay here and cover our position, I’ll be back as fast as I can.”

 

Dahyun looked at her suspiciously and smiled teasingly “Told you not eat too much before going on a mission.”

 

“Shut up.” Mina walked away from the laughing Dahyun and whispered, “Idiot.”

 

Mina subtly made a quick glance at the slightly hidden corner near the exit and when she found no one there, she went straight to where she’s really headed.

As soon as Mina stepped inside the ladies room, she tried to check inside one of the cubicles and when found empty, she pretended like it’s dirty by quickly retreating her head and scrunched her nose as if it smelled awful.

The other two cubicles were currently occupied so she walked near the exit facing a wall and grabbed her phone from her pocket so she won’t look suspicious. While fiddling with her phone, she cautiously eyed the people inside. One is in front of the mirror, busy with re-applying her make-up, the other one is fixing her daughter’s dress. She slowly turned her eyes to the direction of the cubicle that she heard just opened and saw a woman slightly taller than her wearing a crimson v-neck shirt that is obviously bigger than her frame tucked in front of her black ripped jeans. The woman stood out because of her slightly messy strawberry-peach hair that Mina thought suited her very well.

 

She checked if the woman had any bags in her and seeing that there’s none, she was about to turn her attention back to her phone when the other cubicle opened and a blonde woman in a round-neck gray shirt topped with a flannel vest stepped out. This time, the woman has a small purse in her hand but no laptop bags or any sort.

 

“I’m the worst agent at this, I don’t have the skills to point out a target.” Mina thought to herself as she let out a small sigh but her focus went out a little when she noticed that her comm has stopped working..

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter