Final

Chase
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The moment the bell rang, Seohyun hastily gather her things just like her friends. She got up and was about to leave when she realized Yoona is once again outside their classroom which once again made her uncomfortable. The girl is a transferred student and her classmates said it's because she was dropped by her previous school. Some said it's because she gets to fights most of the time which is the reason, she doesn't want to make friends with her no matter how many times she chases.

 

Just like the other day, she uses the other door to leave the classroom, joining the other students to ignore the doe-eyed. She really doesn't know what's up with her that she chooses to chase her but she knows it's not good to make friends with a trouble maker. Her parents are lawyers and are strict towards her when it comes to bringing friends to their home, it would be a burden if she allows her.

 

"Yah! Seo Joohyun! Wait!"

 

Upon hearing her voice, she fastens her pace as she exits the building. She keeps bumping from students on the way until she successfully got herself out. She took a look back to make sure she's not following anymore and got relieved to confirm it. She calmly walks this time on the way out together with the others. Some were fetched by their parents but others are walking to the bus stop just like her.

 

"Seo!"

 

But before she can even reach her destination, she heard Yoona's voice again, causing her to run. "Aish, why can’t she just stop? I obviously don’t like to be friends with her." She keeps running and looking back just to find out she's still chasing her. She fastens this time until she reached the bus stop. It was lucky that the bus came on the right timing before the deer could even reached her. She took her seat and let out a huge relief of exhale as she looked outside to see her waving her arm up in the air.

 

'She's crazy.' She thought doesn't really think she's in the right mind. It's been two weeks since she had been doing it and she even feels like she's a stalker coz she always find her where she goes.

 

-

 

Just like any other day, she went to school earlier than her classmates. But for the first time, Yoona was also early even though she arrived in school moments ago.

 

"Hey." And just like the other day, she would greet her. But for the first time, she couldn't take it anymore and confront her. "I just-"

 

"Are you dumb? You obviously can see I don't like to be around you. I don't like make friends with you!" She stunned her. "From all people in this school, why are bothering me?" But she continued to tell her so she will be aware she had been so annoyed and stressed with her doings.

 

"Seo-Seohyun-ssi. I just... want to make friends with you." Said Yoona, totally had no idea she's ignoring he because she always thinks she's just busy to even talk to her. "I'm... I'm sorry if I'm bothering you. But why?"

 

"Can you answer my question first?" Seohyun impatiently demanded. She wanted to know the reason because it's absurd. And her classmates are already noticing it that they warn her about her.

 

Yoona smiled genuinely as she explained, "Is it wrong to choose you? I mean, I feel like you're a good person. And base on what I always see, you're a diligent person, generous, very smart that you're one of the top students in your class. Also, you have the kindest heart."

 

"You're really a stalker, aren't you?"

 

"Sta-stalker? I'm not. It's just coincidence that I always see you. The school is big though, there's no way we're not going to meet."

 

"Then how can you say those words, especially that last one?" Seohyun suspiciously eyed the doe-eyed. She doesn't even know if she's kind. She's just true to herself.

 

"I saw you the other day, you were feeding a homeless kitten in the middle of the street. I think that was cute and kind of you." Yoona explained, smiling brightly. "I'm interested with you, Seohyun-ssi."

 

Speechless and agape, Seohyun attempted to walk away when she blocks her way. "What?" She got annoyed.

 

"So we're friends now?"

 

She scoffed. "You wish!"

 

"Wait-Why?" Yoona stopped her again from leaving. "I think I need explanation too."

 

"You're a transfer student, right Im Yoona?" Seohyun raises her eyebrows, crossing her arms on her chest in the process.

 

"Yes. How'd you know? We're not classmates." Yoona chuckled, rubbing the back of her neck unconsciously.

 

Seohyun sighs. "Students around know why you are expelled by your previous school."

 

"What do they know?"

 

"That you're a trouble maker. You make a lot of fights around the campus. That's because you were raised in an orphange?"

 

Yoona was taken aback by the straightforward answer. "Fight. Yeah, I did back in my previous school but don't you ever question where I was raised. Having no family doesn't mean I am not a good person anymore. I mean, I fight if it needs to-"

 

"You almost killed one of your classmates?" Seohyun interrupted earning a sarcastic chuckle.

 

"That's not true." Yoona denied. "Nothing happened like that. Who's your source? So, I could sue them. Seriously fight but I n-"

 

"You are still a trouble maker."

 

"And that's making you ignore me?"

 

Seohyun nodded. "I'm sorry but I couldn't make friends like you." she finally walked away from her.

 

"How easy it is for you to judge me?" But the doe-eyed made her stopped with her words. "Just because of that? How silly. No wonder no one would even approach me in this campus. Everyone are quick on judging a person just because of her past. I thought you're different."

 

Seohyun clenched her fist and wanted to answer her but she decided to ignore her and made her way to her first class. She thought she would be over with her but during the entire class, her mind is occupied by the last statement she heard from Yoona. She was totally hit right on the spot. But was she wrong towards her? She just wanted her stop bothering her either way so it's not a bad thing. She just hopes she will completely stop now that she knows she hate her.

 

Once the bell rang, she expects to see Yoona outside the classroom but she wasn't present. 'Did I hurt her?' she can't help and ask herself but she soon shake the thought off and continued her way outside to her locker feeling like she's being ridiculous for even thinking of her.

 

"Thank you for talking to me for the first time earlier." Unfortunately, she was surprised to see Yoona again, taking her seat across her in the cafeteria with a choding smile on her face.

 

"I thought it's clear for you." Seohyun said with her soft voice this time.

 

"Yeah, it is clear for me that it isn't easy to make friends with you. So, I will keep looking for you still and I will prove to you I am not as what you think of me." Yoona explained herself as she dig into her food and flashes a big smile to Seohyun while munching on her food.

 

Seohyun sighs and doesn't have any word to say. What she thought earlier was just a waste of time indeed.

 

"Aren't you eating?"

 

"Mind your own business." She coldly replied before taking a bite on her salad.

 

"This is the first time I am eating with you. I feel so honored." said Yoona as she giggles.

 

Seohyun looked at her back. "What?" Couldn't believe she heard it from her.

 

"You keep ignoring me but now you're not."

 

"I didn't-"

 

"Here, eat this." Yoona interrupted as she put a kimbap on her plate. "You have to eat a lot, Seohyun-ssi. You look like you don't eat that well because of your studies."

 

"Whatever." Seohyun just brushed her off and continued her meal. She stopped halfway when she saw the kimbap. She took a glance to her to make sure she's not staring before she decided to eat it.

 

Yoona unconsciously smile like a fool, as she saw what she did in the corner of her eyes. She pretended she did not see it.

 

-

 

"Waiiiittt!!!"

 

Seohyun turned her head outside when she heard a familiar voice just as the bus started to move. Her eyes widened in surprise when she saw who is walking inside the bus. 'Aish.' She quickly lowered her head and covered her face as if it will help her hide from her.

 

"Good morning, Joohyun." Greeted Yoona enthusiastically as she took the empty seat next to the younger girl. "You know, we're in the same neighborhood." She informed her.

 

Seohyun opened her backpack and struggles to search for her earpiece before she found it.

 

"What are you doing?" ask Yoona in curiousity but she was ignored. Before she knows it, the latter put her earpieces on her ears and started a song on her phone. She giggles and took the other earpiece and put it inside her ear immediately. "Oh, nice." she flashes her biggest smile towards her upon hearing the song playing.

 

"Yoona please." Seohyun begs, feeling tired already. "Just stop. You're just making it hard for me."

 

"Why would I?" Yoona just ignore her please. "I'm having fun and for your information-"

 

"You're not helping me, get it?"

 

Yoona put the earpiece down and faces her seriously. "Just give me a chance. This will not be hard for you. I promise, you will not regret. Hmm?" she flashes her choding smile.

 

Seohyun rolled her eyes and looked away. She keeps her silence as she thinks it over while Yoona is enjoying the ride to their school.

 

"You know, it's been a while since I rode a bus. It felt different." Yoona said as she glances to the quiet young girl on her right. She suddenly noticed her hair was a bit messy that it's covering her face. She unconsciously reached for it and fix her hair which made the latter to look at her in surprise. "Hehe, just fixing your hair." she explained, pulling her hand back.

 

Sighing audibly, Seohyun didn't say a word as she just ignore her, looking out the window with a little smile however on her face.

 

"You're beautiful Seohyun." said Yoona without missing a beat. "Inside and out." she whispers, but the latter still heard her.

 

-

 

Without even warning, Yoona snatched her books from her arms. Seohyun almost hit her out of surprised but the choding only smiled and told her to follow her to the library.

 

'She's really stalking me, isn't she?' Seohyun thought but she's following her close until they reached the library. "Yoona-"

 

"Shshshshs... don't talk. Just do whatever you like to. Okay? I'll just do myself too. I have a lot of homeworks and projects. I'll see you later" Said The doe-eyed before she left her in their table to search for the books she needed.

 

Seohyun stood immobile, watching the doe-eyed looking like a kid, smiling from ear to ear while she's busy getting her books she needed. Her first impression towards her deminishes to see how soft she looked like. 'How can a troublemaker—looked like a kid and-Aish! What am I doing again?' She shakes her head and finally began to search for her books too but for the first time, she keeps glancing on her and checking on her. Her heart is melting.

 

'Aigoo, I am really wrong about her.' she finally admitted it. Just yesterday, she helped her find her lost shoe during their P.E., help her get the shuttlecock from the tree, walk her home and even wake up earlier than her so they could ride the bus together. She was too polite and thoughtful also when she gave her seat to an old woman in the bus. The way she would greet people brightly despite the fact that they ignore her, it speaks volume.

 

Everything she has done for the past three days had been so opposite to what the people had been telling her.

 

"Yoona." So, this time, it's her who call her.

 

"What?" Yoona averted her attention to her.

 

"Enough." She softly told her.

 

Yoona unconsciously dropped the books on her arms. "What... do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter