Happy Valentines Day

Happy Valentines Day

I have been trying to use the 'you-code' again, please tell me if it worked :)
It's kind of more of a romantic story than the first one, and I'm not too happy with the ending, but I hope you like it anyway! :)
Thank you for your support !

:)<3

 

When I arrived at school the walls were crammed with red and pink hearts and people giving away and receiving gifts were to be seen around every corner and the one’s without partner were jealously glaring at the couples soaring through the corridors. I sighed with a small smile and made my way through the crowds and soon reached my locker. Di Di was already there opening her locker.

“Gotten any gifts yet?” I asked ironically as several cards and tiny packages fell out of her locker. She just shrugged with a smile. I opened my locker and took out my books. “See you at lunch?” I asked and Di Di nodded and went to her own morning class. I criss-crossed between the couples trying to make it in time to my science class. In the corner of my eye I caught a glimpse of Jonghyun. I turned my head at him and saw a girl handing him a colourful letter with a hopeful smile. One glance on Jonghyun’s face told me how awkward the situation was. I laughed and hurried onwards, leaving him to his fate. That’s what he gets for being a playboy.

 

 

“Yah, I know you saw me, why didn’t you stop and save me?” Jonghyun asked as he sat down beside me in the classroom. I chuckled at him.

“What was there to save you from? Love is a beautiful thing, you should accept it if someone gives it to you,” I said and picked up my pencil from my bag. He grunted and dropped his own bag to the floor.

“I can’t accept someone’s love if I can’t answer it properly,” he muttered and I silently giggled at him as I turned my face forward and listened to the teacher. Only a few minutes after class had started a felt Jonghyun’s hand brush mine and a note landed on my desk. I rolled my eyes but unfolded it and read it.

lapp1.png

 I sighed and looked at him, but he was calmly taking notes of what the teacher said. I’d have to copy them after this lesson… I put the note down on my desk and chewed slightly on my pen before writing down an answer.
lapp2.png 
I tossed the note over to him and watched him read it. He turned to me and stuck his tongue out before hastily scribbling down a few lines on the paper and handing it back to me.

lapp3.png

That self contented… I gritted my teeth and replied.


lapp4.png 
The reply was quick.


lapp5.png

I didn’t even answer that one. I thought I had made it clear for him, and the rest of the world, on New Years Eve that this kind of behaviour really wasn’t my cup of tea. I knew he was throwing glances at me during the entire class, but I chose to ignore him and kept my gaze locked at the board in the front of the room.

 

 

“Come on, don’t ignore me,” Jonghyun said and gave me a friendly puff on my arm as we left the classroom. I pulled my arm away and gave him a glare.

“Only if you stop being so obnoxious. Just accept my no. You know I hate when people…”

“I know, I know, calm down, I’m just kidding with you,” Jonghyun said with a warm smile. “Though, I really do want out hang out with you tonight…” I scoffed and rolled my eyes while opening my locker.

“You’re so full of yourself,” I said and turned to him. “Just because I said I might give you a chance you don’t have to push it.” He just shrugged with a content smile. I turned back to my locker to pick out my math books. As I tried to stuff my books into my bag a red envelope fell out of it and soared to the ground. I froze in the middle of my movement and stared at it with big eyes. Jonghyun stood beside me and did the same.

“It’s for you,” he said and looked at the letter still lying on the floor.

“Are you sure?” I asked incredulously and looked around to see if anyone could’ve dropped it.

“It’s got your name on it,” he stated and bent down to pick it up. He held it out for me and I hesitantly accepted it. I read my name on the envelope once, twice, thrice, before Jonghyun impatiently told me to open it. My heart was beating fast in nervousness and anticipation. Who was it from? I pulled the letter out of its envelope and unfolded it. 

lapp6.png

I smiled to myself as I reread the words. Jonghyun grunted behind me.

“That’s too mushy,” he muttered and scratched the back of his head. I hid my smile behind my hair and faked an emotionless face.

“Yeah, I know, way too mushy for my style, I wonder what dork wrote this,” I said and put the bag in my bag and walked off. Jonghyun followed me.

“You didn’t like it?” he asked. I shook my head and kept my face neutral even though I wanted to laugh out loud. He didn’t think I would know it was him? Firstly, I recognized the handwriting. He had just passed me a note, I could even prove it was him, pabo. Secondly, he was the only one who knew what my New Years resolutions were, and the message on the note followed them, letter by letter. “You really didn’t?”

“Really didn’t,” I said and looked away not to laugh. Poor guy, how disappointed he looked. We entered the math classroom together and sat down on our usual spots next to the windows. I settled down and picked up my books. Before the teacher had started talking someone knocked on the door and entered without waiting for an answer.

“I’m looking for ,” a young woman said. I gave her a surprised look and reached up my hand to show her it was me. She approached me and held out a huge bouquet of red roses. “These are for you.” I bowed and accepted them with a smile. I looked at the note and smiled to myself. It was the same handwriting. I put them down on my desk and studied them for a while until Jonghyun leaned his chair back and looked at them as well.

“Someone’s sending you flowers as well?” he asked. I nodded.

“Red roses, so classic,” I said and turned to my math books and pretended to study. I could hear him sigh. I felt a bit bad, but I knew I was going to make it up to him, later. Class went on and I was very focused on my math when agirl behind me suddenly touched my shoulder and I turned around to face her.

“Isn’t that your name out there?” she asked and pointed out the window. I followed her finger with my gaze and looked out on the school grounds. I gasped as I saw my name written with colourful crayons on the ground. Other students were studying it and whispered and pointed at me. I read the text underneath my name. “Will you be my Valentine?” I glanced at Jonghyun who were ignoring the whispering around him and continued his calculating with his earphones plugged in. Did he do this as well? I smiled and got back to my books while smiling to myself. New Years Eve had been an eventful night. I had promised to give Jonghyun a chance to “pay attention to me” and during these two months he had proved to be a very good friend and, no doubt, a potential boyfriend. I glanced up at him and caught him looking at me over his shoulder.

“What?” I asked feeling the old shy me returning for a while. He shrugged.

“You look pretty when you’re happy,” he said and turned back to the front. I looked down and touched my cheek. Was it just me or was it getting hot in here?

 

 

“Are you eating lunch with us?” I asked Jonghyun as Di Di and I steered our steps towards the cafeteria.

“I’ll be right with you, save me a seat,” he said and hurried the opposite way. I looked after him. What was he planning now?

“Are you coming?” Di Di asked and I hurried after her. We stood in line to get our lunch and I studied the menu critically. No Valentine’s special? Di Di took her tray and went to hunt for a table.

-ssi?” the lady behind the counter asked. I looked up at her in surprise.

“Hm, yes?” I gasped as I saw her taking out a small chocolate cake from a fridge beside the counter. “Is that for me?”

“Yes, the young gentleman told me to give it to you,” she said with a sigh. “He even gave me a picture of you to make sure I gave it to the right girl…” I bowed and accepted the cake and went to sit down and totally forgot to order my lunch.

“What is that?” Di Di asked and pointed at the little cake with her chopsticks. I didn’t answer. “Who is it from?” Di Di leaned closer and inspected the cake.

 

“I’m not really sure…” Could this be from Jonghyun as well? Di Di waved it off with her hand. trta.png

 

“That poor guy is lucky not to have given it to me, there are far too many calories in that thing,” she said and started eating of her salad. I ignored her, I knew she was jealous from all the attention I had suddenly gotten. She had always been the pretty and popular one of us. I picked the cake up and stood up. I didn’t want to destroy such a beautiful masterpiece.

“I’m going to the locker, I have to put this somewhere,” I said and walked off. I walked carefully not to drop the cake and made sure I didn’t trip on anything or bump into anyone. I saw from a distance that someone had put a note on my locker and I hurried as slowly as possible over there to read it. “I know you know who I am, meet me by the school gates at twelve,” I whispered to myself. I smiled secretively to no one as I opened my locker, put the cake inside and exchanged it for a small box. I won’t be there Jonghyunnie…

 

 

I was sitting by the swings by the school building for the younger kids and played with me feet in the gravel when someone gently pushed on the swing from behind. I snapped my head back and caught a glimpse of Jonghyun’s smiling face. I laughed.

“Finally, I thought you would never show,” I said teasingly as he pushed the swing a little higher.

“You should’ve seen my face when you weren’t by the gates, then you could’ve had a good laugh,” he said with a slightly accusing tone in his voice. I laughed even more.

“Yeah, I wish I had been there,” I said while picturing his face. Hopefully he had been disappointed, gosh that sounded evil… “How did you like the chocolates?” I asked.

“I don’t know, I haven’t tasted them yet…” he mumbled. I stopped the swing by putting my feet on the ground and glared at him.

“You didn’t even taste one? I put a lot of effort in those chocolates,” I said accusingly.

“How did the cake taste then?” he asked with a triumphant smile.

“That’s not the same, that was only one single piece, I didn’t want to destroy it?”

“Same thing!” he exclaimed.

“It’s not!” I said and raised my voice.

“Arrgh, why do you have to be so impossible?” he asked with a smile. He walked around the swing and stood in front of me. “Stand up.”

“What, wae?” I asked. “I’ve told you; no more ordering me around.”

“Would you please stand up?” he asked and held his hands out towards me. I nodded satisfied.

“That’s more like it,” I said and stood up after accepting his hands. “What now?”

“I just want to hold your hand while we go back to our own school,” he said with a smile.

“You’ve done all of this and you’re not even going to kiss me?” I asked and cocked one eyebrow. He shrugged with a smile.

“Not yet,” he said as we started walking back to school. I nodded with a crooked smile.

“I understand, you have to make up for all the cheesy things you have done today,” I said. I looked at me with big eyes. I ignored his look. “That letter really was too mushy for me…”

“Yah, admit that you liked it,” Jonghyun said and gave me a puff in the side as we walked up the stairs.

“I never said I didn’t like it, just that it was too mushy. And I hope you didn’t put flour in that cake, because I’m allergic,” I said. Jonghyun looked devastated.

“You are!?”

“Wow, that face was priceless,” I laughed and he just grunted.

“That’s just mean…”

“Don’t be like that, I’m your Valentine, you’re free to take me out to dinner.” I looked at him and locked his gaze. “I’m giving you your chance, don’t throw it away.” He smiled at me and gently touched my cheek.

“I won’t.”