Fin

Height

So, many of you know that I have a short… wait do I call her short? Maybe small might be a better word for it… How about tiny? Oh, wells anyways I have a girlfriend that is shorter than me, but I don’t mind the height difference… I think? There are times where I enjoy teasing the height difference between us which gets me in trouble then having a good laugh about it. Sometimes I forget that she gets mad about her shortness but it’s okay I still love her.

 

Like the time we were on the escalator going up I just wanted to hug her you know. She was right in front of me and I couldn’t help myself. I just went right in for the hug and it felt right to hold her close to me until I blurted out.

 

“Ah Sua Unnie, it’s so comfortable to be able to hug you without me leaning down to your height,” I knew I was wrong the moment she turned around in my arms and pinched my cheeks.

 

I was still in the wrong when Sua finished her ever so long shopping and we were going down the escalator. I was in front of her this time because I didn’t want to give in to my urges like last time. I was in my own world when I felt arms around my neck. I knew it was Sua from the sleeve of her clothes and the bracelet I gave her. I thought I was forgiven for my words until she yelled in my ear.

 

“Ya! Sua Unnie,” I whined, and I know I sound like a child, but my ears are really sensitive. Her yelling right beside them hurts.

 

“Payback,” Sua whispered into my ear before moving away and walked past me to exit the escalator.

 

Yeah… not the best choice of words but I still love her because she’s worth it. Like the time we were on the train and the handles were too high for her to reach. I watched her struggle and I couldn’t do anything. I was about to on her height again however she surprised me. How did she surprise me? Well, she grabbed my arm closest to her and clung onto it. Her words still make me blush when I remember it.

 

“If I can’t reach things other people can then I’ll just reach for the one no one else can have.” Sua grinned as she looked up into my eyes. “Which is you, Yoohyeonie,” Ah! Seriously this one. Spouting out these words without a care in the world. She snuggled closer to me and entwined our fingers together. It was at that moment my brain yelled out an alert. Kim Bora is a dangerous woman for my heart. My heart’s counter to that was that she’s mine and only mine. So whatever killer actions she does are for me and no one else.

 

Oh! There are also times where I love having the height difference because Sua Unnie always keeps stealing my clothes. Even though they are big and baggy on her it makes me happy. Like that one time I visited her at her apartment, and she opened in one of my dress shirts but nothing to cover her legs.

 

“Ya! Sua Unnie!” I shouted as I pushed her into the apartment hoping that no one else saw the image that was only for me. “You don’t open up doors without any pants. I watched as she frowned from my accusation. She lifted the bottom of her shirt and I quickly covered my eyes since I wasn’t ready to see her so indecently.

 

“Quit being a baby and just look,” She demanded, and I hesitantly lowered my hand to see white booty shorts mocking my eyes. I started pouting how I was deceived by such perception as I hear my girlfriend just laugh at my humiliation. Though I must admit I like Sua Unnie wearing my clothes because it’s another way to tell the world that she is mine.

 

Another thing about height is that it doesn’t define you and believe me I learned that the hard way. She literally princess carried me when I tripped on a cushion that was placed on the hardwood floor and banged my head on her coffee table. She sprang right into action when I fell. She picked me up and away to her car to the hospital. I also made the mistake in voicing out my thoughts.

 

“Sua Unnie, where do you store your muscles in that small body of yours?” I saw her roll her eyes and didn’t answer the question.

 

After a while of waiting and the doctors deeming me not to have a concussion was when Sua finally said something to me. It was the time we returned to my place and I was in my bed to rest up per the doctor’s orders Sua said.

 

“You gave me a scare when you hit your head. I thought you might develop amnesia from it.” She exhaled but I saw the worry mixed with concern in her eyes and voice.

 

“Sua Unnie, we don’t live in a kdrama. Our lives aren’t that deeply exaggerated that I’ll get amnesia,” I tried to console her, but she just shook her head. She walked over to where I was sitting and sat down on the edge of the bed.

 

“You never know,” Sua raised her hand and cupped my cheek. It was then I realized that she is taller than me when sitting down. I just had to tell her because it’s such shocking news!

 

“Sua Unnie! You’re taller than me when sitting down,” I revealed as Sua only chuckled at my amazement before leaning in to give me a kiss on the lips.

 

“You are such a fool, Yoohyeonie,” I pouted at her response when I got a kiss on the forehead. “But, I’m the bigger fool for loving you anyways,” Sua pulled back and gave me a big smile which I easily matched.

 

Yeah, screw height difference with their pros and cons. Being with Sua Unnie is all that I need. I fell for her personality anyways plus it’s fun what cute things we can do with our heights. More adventures for me with my beloved small but mighty Sua Unnie.