fin.

Little House
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Why are you looking at me like that?” Mina breaks the silence at the dining table.

“What do you mean? How am I looking at you?” Jeongyeon asks, still confused with everything.

“Differently,” Mina looks back at her food, still untouched from the start.

“I don’t know, you’re different now.” He answers, and the room is filled with silence again. “What are we doing now? It’s like we’re eating and talking but no one’s really saying anything.” Jeong stops playing with his food. Mina let out a small smile as if agreeing with him.

“What do you want me to say? What do you want to talk about?” Mina asks him with a smile, her hand reaching out to hold his.

It feels normal again, like nothing ever happened, like they’re still them, Mina and Jeongyeon. It feels like they can still talk about everything and for a moment Mina wish they could talk to each other like they used to. Because even after all those years apart, Mina still think and misses Jeongyeon so badly.

Jeongyeon put down his cutlery to the plate and let out a sigh, shaking his head. Mina’s still looking at him, waiting, so he continues.

“Why didn’t you call?” Mina’s face drop, a sense of pain surging into her body when she hears how broken Jeongyeon sounded.

“Why didn’t you pick up my calls or reply to any of my texts? Did I not deserve anymore explanation than that article? And hell, it wasn’t even coming from you.” Jeongyeon spits out. He knew it has been years but the question never stops haunting him, everything that happened in his life always come back to that question.

Mina couldn’t answer him. Because she knows that nothing she said would be enough. Jeongyeon has been nothing but a loving soul to her, Jeongyeon had done nothing but take care of her and Mina despise every single fiber in her body for hurting him.

“You couldn’t have just have pick up the phone, give me some sort of chance to change your mind? I was thousand miles away, not knowing anything that’s happening here, one day you say love me and the next day I was seeing all these articles about you and Momo getting married. And when I try to reach out to you, poof, you were gone. Don’t you think you owe me that?” Jeongyeon voice cracks, like there’s something choking him and his eyes hurt trying to hold his tears.

“I couldn’t.” Mina mumble, and if Jeongyeon wasn’t just a few inches next to her, he wouldn’t be able to hear her.

“You couldn’t? You thought that little of me that you just couldn’t have just call me? Why?”

“Because I couldn’t.” Mina’s trying so hard to keep her composure, trying so hard not to let the tears fall and cry in front of him.

“No! Give me an answer! I want an answer! Why? Why not?!” Jeongyeon’s getting impatient at how Mina’s not answering his question. After all these years of confusion and all Mina’s saying is ‘she couldn’t?’. It’s not like him at all to raise his voice at Mina and they both know it. But it’s too much right now and Jeongyeon’s barely holding on.

“Because! Just hearing your voice, I would’ve changed my mind.” Mina stops. She closes her eyes, taking in a long breath, not believing that she just told him the why. Jeongyeon stops, looking down at his barely touched food.

Mina stands up from her chair.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter