4. [Korea]

Meet Again

The taxi driver was curious of Mino’s intention, but he granted it anyway. Mino noticed that they were leaving Incheon. He never had an idea of what Korea looks like anymore. He was so used to travel everywhere except Korea. After two hours of travel, they arrived at a seashore.


“This was the place where I am reunited with my lost love. She’s now my forever love. That’s why this is my most beautiful place.”


Mino was so touched by the driver’s narrative, but then he remembered he had to pay. Because of the long ride, he had to pay a large amount of money. Before leaving, the driver said something.


“There is someone who’s also lost. Maybe you can help.”


Mino felt that the driver knows him. He walked through the beach while trying to feel the cold breeze and the warm sand. He closed his eyes and remember his eldest brother, or his almost lover.


Mino is always fascinated with everything about Jinwoo. He laughed at every joke he made regardless of it being funny or not. He gives him playful kisses and hugs. It may be a brotherly love for Jinwoo, but for Mino it’s more than that. He have witnessed Jinwoo’s hardships and he makes sure he helped him in any way he can.


The problem is that he never confessed his love to him. He has never given a chance. His self-pursuit and the disbandment made the situation worse. Despite the advices he received from Seungyoon and Seunghoon, he still blamed himself and thought Jinwoo will made him better.

 

He finally cried. He really missed him so much. Suddenly, he saw a silhouette of a man sitting on the rocks near the shore. He approached the man, hoping that it’s finally Jinwoo.

 

And he was right. He saw his only man sitting at the rocks. However, he can only see his back. Jinwoo never faced him.


Mino called. “Hyung!”


Jinwoo was shocked at what he heard, but he still did not face him.


“So you’re back...”


Mino started crying buckets of tears. He wanted to hug him right now but for some reason he can’t. They remained in that position for a long time.


“Hyung! I really miss you. Where have you been? What are you doing?” he kept asking many questions, but Jinwoo never answered him nor faced him. 


The crashing waves were deafening and the two were silent. Jinwoo finally spoke “I’m still lost.”


“Hyung. I met Seungyoon and Seunghoon! The three of us promised that we will make music if all of us agree! Hyung! I really want to make this happen. Hyung, answer me, please.”


“I don’t know!” Jinwoo answered.


“What do you mean ‘I don’t know’? I’m trying to reunite our group together. This is our chance to become Winner again. You dreamed this. We dreamed this together.” Mino was still crying.


“I don’t know if I can do that.”


“What do you mean?”


“I DON’T KNOW WHAT I’M DOING ANYMORE!”


The waves crashed again and it became more violent. Jinwoo was all wet from the water.


“I thought we will stay for 44 years or even 444 years, but that did not happen because we thought we should pursue our own goals.”


Mino remained silent.

 

“I don’t know what happened to the three of you after we disbanded. After that, I became so lost. I thought I will find myself by being away from you. But, I was wrong. I don’t know who I am anymore.”


Jinwoo started to cry. Mino really wanted to go with him but he still can’t.


“I am jealous of you for following your own paths. I thought this self-pursuit will help me, but it didn’t. I 
realized that being a Winner is my ultimate goal for myself. But it finally ruined.”

 

Mino finally had the urge to hug him from behind and cried with him.


“I am sorry hyung. We’re sorry we had to do this. I thought it is for the best of us to separate. I regret that this happened to you, to us.”

 

Jinwoo finally faced him. “Don’t be sorry. Each journey has lessons. You have learned your lesson, so as Seunghoon and Seungyoon. As for me, I’m still figuring out what to do with my life. Maybe it’s my fault. I always come here to reflect on myself and my choices. Maybe, today is the day the waves finally answered my prayers.”


Both of them cried for few minutes. When the waves finally became calm, Mino spoke.

 

“Hyung, you know how much I care for you, right?” Jinwoo nodded. “All of those mean something more 
to me. I…”

 

Mino stuttered while saying the three-letter word when Jinwoo continued “You love me?”

 

Mino blushed before he nodded. Jinwoo giggled before put his face closer to Mino. Without any hesitation, they felt each other’s lips as they share a warm kiss. The kiss calmed the two of them. Then, their eyes meet together before they pulled out.


“I know what you’re feeling for me. I have denied it at first. But as I find myself, I realized how I miss our group, especially you.”


The two of them smiled at each other before they hugged together.


“So did you finally find yourself, hyung?”

 

“Maybe? I can’t say. If only Seunghoon and Seungyoon was here…”


“We can contact them right now! But before that, let’s get out of her.”


Mino and Jinwoo found a shelter nearby to dry themselves. Afterwards, Mino video called Seunghoon and Seungyoon. The Seungs were shocked when they finally saw Jinwoo. They talked for a long time about their personal stuffs.

 

Then, they opened up about reforming the group. Seungyoon will try to talk to Jones about the reunion 
and will ask if he can manage them. Meanwhile, Seunghoon will try to talk to his staff at the bar and 
make several arrangements. He assured that he is still in-charge of the bar. For Mino, he will ask his company if he can work freelance. As for Jinwoo, he is living a non-celebrity life so he’s much free to do anything.


Jinwoo is starting to find himself again with Mino, Seungyoon, and Seunghoon. But this time, a new chapter is coming to them. This is what he wanted throughout his lifetime. He can’t wait to see what is coming for Winner.


The four of them are starting to realize their dream again. Mino has accomplished a big goal of reuniting s and being with his love. Meanwhile, Jinwoo held Mino’s hands and intertwined their fingers. They shared a kiss on the lips before embracing themselves with a hug.