...he's still a baby...

...he's still a baby...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Xeeyi sighed again for the fifth time that morning as she was messing with her hair. The hair which was once neatly comb can never be found anymore. Her phone was placed right in front of her face on top of the table with the screen showing a certain chat that didn’t being replied. Five seconds later, a groaned can be heard coming from her as she flatly placed her forehead on top of the table. 

 

“Can you stop?”, comes a question from in front of her. Xeeyi sighed again but didn’t pull up her head, “It had been five minutes but he still didn’t reply my text.” The young lady, Gao Xi Lian, her super close best of friend since middle school, rolled her eyes at her friend behaviour. This scene is not weird or abnormal for her anymore. Xi Lian, “See…It had been ONLY FIVE MINUTES.” She said, literally emphasizing the five minutes. She leaned back on her chair as her eyes gazing around the café. There were only a few costumers in the café in the moment, surely saving Xeeyi from presenting her stupid side. 

 

 

“You should be thankful there’s only a few of costumers coming to your café today, or you might get embarrassed.” Xeeyi lifted up her head as frown plastered on her face. Eyes glaring straight to her friend, “Is that even important now?” With a sarcastic smile on her face, she gracefully sips on her Cappuccino. After gulping down her drink, she innocently replied, “Yes, it is important.” Xeeyi rolled her eyes, “Which part of it is important?” Xi Lian placed down her drink as she tilted her head a little to the right. “Mmm, let’s see. First you’re ruining your image as the owner of this café. Two, you looks like a broken hearted young lady, in which really matched with your currently messy hair. And three, I’m here, right in front of you, having my one day off and trying to spend my free time with you, but you’re being not in the mood to do so. In short, I’m hurt.” Her once sarcastic tone and smirk on her face was placed with a pout hanging on her lips, whining like a baby. 

 

 

Xeeyi snorted as she heard all of her complaints. She leaned back on her chair, “I didn’t even ask you to spend your day off with me in the first place. And I didn’t even know you’re not working today.” Xi Lian rolled her eyes as she pick up her phone. Aiming the camera at Xeeyi, she secretly snapped a photo of her. Xeeyi frowned, “What are you doing?”. Xi Lian laughed as she placed her phone back on the top of the table. Xi Lian, “Nothing…” Xeeyi frowned harder. 

“Delete it.”

“What?”

“The photo.”

“What photo?”

“I know you so well and I know your side job in being my paparazzi. So delete the one that you snap just now.”

 

Xi Lian make an amazed expression as she dramatically close with her hands. “Wooww, sis. You know me so well. I’m touched.” She said as she wiped her imaginary tears from her cheeks. From being a touchy lady to a playful one, she sits straight up on her seat as she playfully wiggled her eyebrows toward Xeeyi, “It’s for future purpose dear. So no. I’m not gonna delete it.” 

 

 

Xeeyi grunted as she throws up both of her hands up in the air, “Why am I still friend with you?” Xi Lian chuckles and happily sipped on her drink. “Well, reason number one is you can live without me. And reason number two is you love me even though I’m so annoying.” Xeeyi snorted un-lady like, “No, I don’t love you.” 

 

“Yeah yeah sure…” 

 

“Seriously though, why are you here?”, Xeeyi asked as she stare straight toward Xi Lian. And this time, it was Xi Lian turns to frown at her best friend. Xeeyi shrugged, “I’m not complaining but usually aren’t you always spending your day off with your Kyungsoo?” At the mention of his boyfriend name, Xi Lian sighed sadly as she slumped over the table. “He kinda got some work to do.” She pouted and looked up at Xeeyi like a puppy that had being kicked, “I miss him.” Xeeyi scoffed, “And here it is ladies and gentleman, the love sick baby is finally making it appearance.” 

 

………………

 

Xeeyi drove back home in the afternoon as she had promise with Yixing to have a lunch with him. With a take-out in her left hand, she walked toward their apartment. Once she opened the door, a fragrance of something burning directly hit her nose. “Yixing?”, she called out her husband name as she steps inside their home. Putting her handbag and the take-out on the table in the living room, she makes her way toward the kitchen. “Yixing, are you there?” Turning around the corner, she stood frozen as she was amazed by the scene in front of her. A big smile tugs on her lips as she leaned beside the doorframe. This is the first time she witnessed her husband cooking in the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter