I'm Glad You're Back

I'm Glad You're Back

It's been a long while since they've felt the presence of each other, rubbing elbows as they sit together on one end of the row. With the rest of their members (sans Tzuyu, may she get well soon), everything feels complete now that Momo and Mina have found solace in one another's warmth. 

There's electricity in the air of this chilly practice room, and only the two of them feel it surging, connecting them to each other. 

Every slight motion, from shifting in her seat, to dipping into the conversation, Momo's eyes are trained to focus on Mina in all these gestures. 

She's missed that warm, bubbling laughter that resembles wind chimes in a quiet afternoon; she's missed the whiff of jasmine on Mina's expensive fits - and today her elegance radiates in her cream and white top, and her playful ripped jeans - which, to nobody's knowledge was Momo's doing. 

***

Mina returns as if time had stopped, finding out everything is well in its place, everyone she loves in a room (and one in Taiwan). There's much to do and much to say, but Mina is Mina, so she simply goes along with the banter and play. She's missed the resonating voices bouncing off the practice room walls and floors, the chaos that ensues when Mafia is involved, the food they share in each other's company, but most of all she's missed her quiet, solid rock, whom she's grateful for - Momo. 

They point at each other during the game, and whether or not they were missing the point, all they wanted to say was I'll pick you any day.

Mina takes every opportunity to be near Hirai, in hushed tones they build a world of their own in the midst of filming this VLIVE - which was fairly chill, and a good welcome back for her, nothing too loud or crazy, and no one else within these four walls. 

She's glad her hands can hold and hit and touch Momo again, her warm hands that seem to lay comfortable on Momo's lap while talking and listening. It's her wordless affection that gets through to Momo.

Mina loves to take care of Momo, and even though Momo isn't as clingy today, the way Mina catches Momo's locked gazes tell her more than enough. 

It's lunchtime and there's chaos, but Mina manages to slip in quiet conversations, while handing Momo a drink; or how Mina doesn't fidget when Momo's leaned against her shoulder while they're eating. She wishes she could get Momo to sit next to her, but it's fine. She and Momo are magnets. Magnets that find each other, and lock perfectly well with each other. 

Sure, Mina is royalty at best, but Momo's princess is the one who does the spoiling. Momo is ever-cared for, and Mina makes sure of that. It's gestures like these that keep Momo enamored, over and over, no matter how long it's been, over Myoui Mina. 

 

 

***

It's time to dance, and Mina's missed nothing more than this. 

The way Momo would dance today was fueled by the fact her dance partner was back. 

And it appears oh so clearly, how they've been the pillars of dancing in this family of nine. 

Momo couldn't be happier that Mina was smiling again and comfortable. She'd do anything to get Mina to stay radiant and calm.

*** 

Stirring cups of caramel coffee? Let's do it together,  their eyes converse in the quiet. 

If it takes this odd, mundane activity to do something with you, I'll do it, Momo smiles. 

They pay little attention to watching themselves on youtube, with cringey haircuts, and even cringier expressions, but more on to each other. 

How are you doing? Are you okay? Momo glances Mina's way as they stir their cups mindlessly. 

I'm okay. I'm glad you're here. Mina responds, fluttering eyes shying away from Momo's goofy grin, before the butterflies ever have a chance to take over. 

***

Hours go on, and the broadcast comes to an end, but not before Mina makes a bold statement of return. 

Wordlessly, yet again, she declares Momo as hers, as she leans on the latter's shoulder, fitting snugly more than ever. 

*** 

Mina and Momo are reunited, and although the world is indifferent, their subtlety speaks volumes.