AH-CHOO!

Quarantine (Ah-Choo!)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AH-CHOO!

 

Chaewon has had this nasty cold ever since they went out for beef. She had been really careful: she wore a mask and properly sanitized her hands but she still ended up feeling sick after waking up this morning. It could have been the weather, or it could have been that drunk old man who just coughed all over the restaurant without any regard about the other patrons (and what he might have been spreading) two days ago. She then decides to blame the old man; the thought of flowers blooming in the spring time was too beautiful to blame for her sickness.

 

She checked their group chat and saw Chaeyeon had invited everyone to have breakfast at Dorm 1. She looked around and saw nobody around, which meant they left her alone again to get first dibs on Chaeyeon's cooking. She sighed again, which was followed by another violent sneeze. *Eunbi's going to overreact for sure.*

 

***AH-CHOO!***

This was not how she wanted to announce her arrival at the other dorm. Although she was wearing a mask, it was enough to illicit all kinds of reactions from the other members. Wonyoung and Nako looked worried, while Yena and Yujin looked like they were scared, which looked so funny Chaewon couldn't tell if they were genuinely scared or just trolling her. She awkwardly walked towards the dining table to get some of the food when Yena swatted her hand away and said, "Ya! You don't have Corona, right?"

 

"Don't be ridiculous, Yena! This might be just my pollen---"

 

"Chaewon, you're running a slight fever." Chaewon didn't hear Eunbi approach her and before she knew it, the older's hand was on her forehead feeling her body temperature. "Maybe we should take precautions."

 

"Here's some water, Chaewon. This might make you feel better," a high-pitched voice said behind her. Chaewon turned around and it was Hitomi. The young Japanese girl was holding a glass of water with three pieces of ice, exactly how Chaewon prefers it in the morning. She took the drink and thanked Hitomi, who somehow had a smug look on her face.

“Drink up and sit beside me, Chaewon.” Hitomi pulled out a chair for her to sit in, a safe distance away from Yena who was still yelling “Get away from me, Corona-chan!” (“It’s still a suspected case Yena don’t be stupid!” says Yuri, who was also covering her face, in the background.). Hitomi then served her some kimchi stew and some rice and the two of them started eating.

After a few bites, Chaewon was surprised to see Hitomi with the same smug look she had earlier. Her look of interest suddenly turned to horror when Hitomi reached for her glass of water and drank the remaining water in one gulp. The younger smiled at her, her eyes conveying that she has a woman with a plan, but Chaewon was in shock because of another reason.

 

An indirect kiss. When did my—our Hitoma get so brave?

She then realized the consequences of what the girl had done.

 

“Ya! Hitoma! What if you get sick t---” Chaewon was silenced by a finger pressing o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter