Ambivalent

Mamamoo Oneshot Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

        Ahn Hyejin had just started her new job at the restaurant down the street from her apartment. She was new to the small town - a recent graduate -  but had wasted no time securing a source of income. She hadn't met many of her coworkers yet, but management seemed nice enough. She'd be remiss, though, not to notice that it was a bit intimidating to be working with so many good-looking women. They had all been kind thus far, but Hyejin had always known the pretty girls at school to be cruel and judgmental. She hoped the workplace wouldn't be like high school had been.

 

She started on a Tuesday, a slow enough day that she had time to learn the ropes. She was trained by a woman in her mid twenties by the name of Wheein. Wheein was a bit quieter than some of the others, but she was patient and made for a good teacher.

 

Hyejin was allowed a thirty minute break per day, which was more than enough time to eat her lunch. She didn't have many friends, either, so she didn't even stay at the table to text or scroll through social media. There would be no point, really.

 

She got up, threw her trash away, and headed toward the employee sink in the back. Just around the corner from the sink was the main kitchen area, where all of the food was prepared. It also happened to be the main spot where employees gathered to talk about other people behind their back.

 

Hyejin wasn't normally the type of person to eavesdrop, but the women weren't exactly keeping their voices down, and it's not as if she could shut off her ears to keep them from hearing.

 

"Do you think she's gay?" the older, dark-haired one named Yongsun, asked.

 

"She was dressed all in boy's clothes for her interview," another woman, whose name Hyejin couldn't remember, added.

 

"She's kinda weird," the one named Sooyoung i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter