First Love

Maybe
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Joohyun? Hey open up!" I knocked on the door. I began to get worried when Joohyun didn't stop by the past week. At first I thought it was because she was still mad but as the days passed, a nagging feeling prompted me to go check on her. 

Sooyoung had been kind enough to give me Joohyun's address in Edmonton and I rushed down immediately. 

I had been knocking on the door for the past 15 mins but there was no reply. This was not good. 

"Joohyun if you're not gonna open up I'm gonna force my way in!" 

No reply. 

That was it. I kicked the door open and rushed into the apartment. 

Only to see Joohyun lying on the floor, cuts and bruises on her arms and legs. Cold sweat covered her entire body and she looked deathly pale. 

"Hyun! What the- who did this?" I was panicking as I held her head in my hands. "Hyun! Can you hear me?!" 

"Seul," Joohyun's eyes flickered open for a split second. When she saw me she smiled but it seemed as though even the exertion of opening her eyes was too much to bear. 

The next words broke my heart. 

"Have I *huff* suffered as much pain as you did? *huff* Are we equal now?" 

"Joohyun you ing idiot what have you done!" I could feel my vision getting cloudy but this was not the time to cry. I needed to get Joohyun to the hospital asap. Gathering the limp body in my arms, I piggybacked her to my car and raced off to the nearest hospital. 

Stay with me Hyun. Stay with me please. I can't afford to lose you too. 

______________

It felt like deja vu all over again. 

The beeping of the machine, someone I loved on a hospital bed, hooked up to an IV drip. 

I held Joohyun's hand between my palms. Why did she had to do this? 

I never wanted to hurt her. But I hurt her. Hell, I even managed to make her hurt herself. If there were levels of I was sure as hell I made it to the top. 

But this was the irony of love. We end up being the best at hurting the people we love the most. 

"Seul." 

"Hey," I turned around. Dr Matthews approached me and placed a hand on my shoulder. "Guess we both didn't expect me to be back here so soon huh?" 

A wry smile on his face, he shook his head. "I see the way you look at her. We'll do everything we can to get her back on her feet again." 

______________

"Seul. Gi." 

A whisper ghosted over my ear as I awoke, just as Joohyun's fingers were inches away from touching my cheek. 

"Joohyun? Hyun! Oh my goodness you're awake! What were you thinking? I nearly lost

Please log in to read the full chapter