Flower #1

Thy Shining Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Those Eyes, Never Forgotten

     Meet Me Then Run Away

       I Will Keep on Coming

 

—————-

 

There was one hour before she switches her shift to be a bartender. The day went as usual and nothing eventful about it that’s worth attention. But for sure it was a busy day, apparently a company was holding a celebration and they had all the place booked for them. 

 

With that, Nayeon had forgotten to eat something in between and her energy seemed to be fading slowly. 

 

While she was making her way to the kitchen, someone suddenly was facing ahead and it seemed impossible to avoid the hit. Once their body touched, Nayeon reflexes worked fast with her brain. She was able to sense how light the girl body seemed. And so her hands went right away to prevent the latter from falling to the floor. 

 

The girl body was holding Nayeon right side where the body intended to land caused by the impact. She was secured and safe between her hands. “Miss are you okay?” With the question, the latter gently lifted her head to look at her.

 

Their eyes meet and Nayeon felt a sense of familiarity invading her but she didn’t let it take control as there is priority presented at the moment. No time to think of who and why, so she pulled away slowly making sure to steady the women posture first.

 

“Thank you,” a reply came soft and low, looking at the women from a distance she seemed to be collected and serene with her movements. “My apologies, I wasn’t looking well enough to avoid the incident. Are you hurt by any chance?” Her eyes were full of concern and something else she’s couldn’t put her finger on. As if she was searching for something in her eyes.

 

“Glad to hear that Miss, I am well myself. Apologize for my carelessness will make sure to be more careful next time. Now if you may excuse me as I have a job to get back to.” With a polite bow she excused herself to continue heading towards the kitchen.

 

Just before nearing the door, she saw another women that looked intimidating from just the look. Glancing back, she saw her interacting with the other women she just bumped with. 

 

It’s seems that today she is a little more attendant than usual to her surrounding. Usually the goal is to put your head to the service but that doesn’t seem the case today. Unnecessary distraction is not needed and so she proceeded with her shift duty .

 

—————

 

There wasn’t much people around at this point while she’s serving drinks. The crowd seems fading faster than she thought. You would expect that since it’s the weekend, those businessmen would stick around for much later. But there was only few people scattered here and there for the night. 

 

Well not until the women she bumped to suddenly showed up and sat down in front of her. “What May I get you Miss?” She asked while cleaning one of the cups. 

 

She noticed that the girls was giving her a warm smile. “Water if you don’t mind please.” 

 

Unexpected request for sure, but who is she to judge, it’s the best drink yet to be asked from her. 

 

Honestly Nayeon doesn’t fancy drinking at all. If anything, she rather avoid troubles and drinking could lead to so many unpredictable circumstances. And so she refuses to involve herself with any kind of celebration. Even when costumers sometimes offer her some, she politely decline with the excuse of ‘work policies’.

 

Offering the glass to her, she proceeded back to cleaning the cups. 

 

 

 

 

 

“Seems like a slow night for you today!” The silence quickly been broken with the latter sudden statement. 

 

Without removing her gaze, she replied. “Indeed is,” simple, short and hopefully shutting any further advances from the latter. But the women doesn’t seem to want that. “Do you work here everyday?” 

 

Nayeon has to think for a minute, conversation are expected as it comes with the job. But normally people rant about their life and not be interested in her own routines. But there is no reason to not answer such trivial question. Also she looks harmless?! If it was a man, then maybe she would reconsider further discussion.

 

“Yes.”

 

Nayeon wasn’t a social butterfly as she used to be a long time ago. She’s so tired physically and mentally to deal with that. Short answers always got the job done to cut longer discussions.

 

The women hummed as a response. And kept quiet for a while after without leaving her spot. She was sipping on the water slower than you might imagine. Not like

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter