1 - The Present

Moral Standards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

       Eyes  on them, attentions were all caught towards their direction. Whispers started to circulate around, people's eyes are directed towards them with both disappointment and disgust. This is the reason... why she suddenly want to end it, their relationship.

 

The judgement they're receiving, the criticism against them, all the hurtful and disrespectful treatment towards them. It has been months, they are both enduring it for several months, and now one of them is giving up... -

 

Minjoo.

 

With all the attention they're getting, Yujin felt conscious, and instead of yelling again, she grabbed Minjoo, and with force, pulled the older one out of the crowded place, back to their dormitory.

Why do we even have to hide?

 

It's frightening, for Minjoo, it is so frightening. She knows how much the younger one had to face for the both of them, it's usually Yujin who'll be caught arguing with someone to defend them, her, their love for each other.

 

Why do we feel so afraid of coming out, of showing who we are?

 

Why?
Because it is not what they are expected to do.
It is not what the norms had stated, it is not the behavior that the society is accepting, it is not what most of the people can ever consider, it is not what morality has stated is right, it is not what moral standard is, classifying as right and must - being a contributor of LGBTQ.

 

Right, because it's not right.
Even if we fight for it, it's not right for everyone.
It's wrong, totally wrong, at all points.

 

The door closed with an intentional slam which created a sound that echoed within the whole room, and probably was, as well, heard outside. Minjoo had to step back a little to give Yujin the space she needed, and she can't even spare Yujin a glance.

 

The younger one is upset, too upset to even start speaking. Her eyes are red - teary, they are. Her body is shaking, suddenly feeling weak as it started to sink deeper. Her lips quiver as she tried to keep the tears from not streaming and the sobs that want to come out from her lungs.

 

She closed her eyes...
And as she did, tears just unwantedly rolled down.
Her fist clenched, nails piercing through her palms.
And even with her frangible voice, she asked...

 

"What did you say again?" This time, sobs came out.

 

That's why...

 

Minjoo, with the courage left inside her, looked at Yujin. Even her, is shaking so much. Her pair of eyes are stinging already, but unlike Yujin, she let the tears be off without hesitating.

 

"Y-Yu-..."

 

"Repeat what you said earlier."

 

Yujin, slowly, opened her eyes. Sobs were stopped, as she looked directly at Minjoo's quivering pupils. The older avoided her gaze, and took a deep breathe, even her breathe is shaking. And as she let out a good amount of air to calm, she answered...

 

 

 

"Let's break up."

 

 

Giving up became an option.

 

Yujin froze on her spot. She felt all the weight from her shoulders hugging her whole body. All her muscles tensed up, with her brain still not accepting the encoded information she just heard.

 

Those words were the least she expected to hear from Minjoo, those words are the words she never thought would ever be an option for the both of them.

 

"It's for the best, Yujin."   Minjoo calmed a little more, just enough to continue further.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter