Happy Birthday, Vampy

Magic Double Date Night: Yerim's birthday
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: A happy birthday to my wonderful and sweet Kim Yerim, a most precious young woman, and as promised this is her birthday fic for the magic double date series. Basically, Vampire Yerim wants to have a quiet and peaceful birthday with no excitement at all, but of course one witch wife of hers isn’t about to let anything like that happen.

 

Sponsor Mentions:  As always, thank you very much to my sponsors. I appreciate all of you so much: fabricsoftener, AvryGeist171, royalshipper2122, DTHDHR, Bernkaset, Casti1004, jasonds,  ZombieJuhyun, Rita_1211, 112714, Karasxo, falsuki, wittyadie95, Fantasiii, Km62201n, Eris78, User_name1200, Androsssss, hiraiim-trash, theRequiem78, jyrus_21, Seosunny, kingdomcomes, sleepyhead, Jewster88, InformedPuppy, Fladoodlem8, ericakate, dga214, pinkpinkypin, Moonstunt, Sarcasaticree, PandaExpress69, j33200, shinneay, dmac20, Chan_94, Tashphobic, NoJamDubu, kiyomamoo, iamforeverlame, Mmm2392, CheezeeMyoui,  aya_ah98, bangton, blazeaf, Supergirl, Revelsone, madam_mac, aya_ah98, Nyssa21, Icantstandtofly, Lelouch99, Mooncrush22, sawyer09, taeyang729, tinybean, kaikaitheartist, argonots, RedPaint, Maraga, Kasey_1432, PengusTigerClub, Shouto818, KetchupPeng, Zeliex, Cristianul18, Bjhksgsswpsykry, YANGx, coolspeed, anijit, chomisus, Val-Sauce_99, cupcaketree123, SleepyRu, tay_84, jjlevi93, and RG_Blink. Thank you so much for being sponsors. :)
 

 

 

Yerim was almost home from work at the company for a near 19-hours, by the time she signed off on her artists comebacks, helped produce some songs, took part in the interview process of some new staff, and now all the vampire wanted to do was get into bed and crash for the next day or so. The blonde is barely inside their house in the human world when all of a sudden she’s being yanked inside by her witch. Yerim doesn’t even protest or complain when Sooyoung grabs her cheeks and places several kisses on them.

 

“Oh, Yerimie, I was worried about you, where the hell have you been? This is why I need a tracking spell on you, vampy. I thought you were hurt, or kidnapped, or getting in trouble with humans.”

 

Yerim sighed and gently pats the auburn-haired woman’s head. “Calm down, Soo. I was at the studio.”

 

“And just how did you expect me to know that when you never responded to my last 50 texts!”

 

Sooyoung isn’t even exaggerating because there are at least 50 texts from her on Yerim’s phone. Although in the witch’s defense it wasn’t sent all at once. Sooyoung did send them throughout the day.

 

“Soo, how would you like it if I sent you 50 texts, huh?”

 

“I’d love it!” The auburn-haired woman nods eagerly. She would be thrilled by getting constant messages from her vampire, even if it’s just to see how she is, how her day is going, or anything of that nature. Yerim is finally able to pull free out of her wife’s embrace and is about to go sit on the couch when Sooyoung grabs her from around the waist and pulls her back into another embrace.

 

“Soo!”

 

“Come on, let’s talk.”

 

“Talk about what? If this is about your red cauldron, I…”

 

Sooyoung looks at her with a gaze that tells Yerim she sure as hell better explain to her what she is talking about, or there will absolutely be hell to pay, literally. Yerim smiles uneasily and now she’ll have to explain what happened to the red cauldron her witch loves so much.

 

“What did you do, vampy? Where the hell is my favorite red cauldron?”

 

“Uh..oh, it’s your favorite red cauldron? I didn’t know it was your favorite red cauldron.”

 

Sooyoung sighs and simply pushes her back into the couch where Yerim lands with a soft thud against all the pillows. She’ll deal with the mystery of her favorite cauldron later on, as there is something else of importance on her mind right now. Something that is very important.

 

“Alright, let’s just forget about the cauldron for right now. We should talk about something else, baby.”

 

“Like…” The vampire presses, as she kind of wants to know what it is that they need to talk about that’s so important. 

 

“Your birthday!” Sooyoung says with a bright smile and throws herself onto the couch, or more specifically she throws herself onto Yerim’s lap and wraps her arms around the honey-eyed vampire’s shoulders. Yerim looks surprised and then remembers her birthday is coming up. Truly, the blonde has not thought about it, when you’ve been a vampire for so long, things like birthdays don’t matter as much. Every day is just another day.

 

“Oh, but, that’s not…”

 

“Don’t say it’s not important.” Sooyoung interrupts. “My baby’s birthday is very important, now what are we doing for it, hm? Take a midnight stroll through a graveyard, blood-themed party? Ooh, yes let’s do that, where we all wear red, have goblets of wine, and blood for you of course, vampy.”

 

Her wife looks like she is about to go on and on, so Yerim shuts her down with a kiss against her lips. Sooyoung looks like she is upset by being cut off, but actually rather enjoys those soft pink lips of her other half against her own full red ones. They only break away for the witch to get some air and Yerim cups her face into her hands.

 

“No party, Soo. I don’t want anything.”

 

“Huh!” She gasp with wide eyes. Did she just hear her vampire say that she wants nothing? Oh no, surely they can’t do nothing. They must do something  for her birthday, that would be unheard of, simply unheard of. Sooyoung will not hear of it.

 

“What do you mean you don’t want anything!”

 

“I just want a quiet evening at home in my coffin…” Yerim teases, because she has no coffin, but it’s fun to tease Sooyoung that she has one, since her wife believes without a doubt she has one in their basement or attic.

 

“I knew it, I knew you had a coffin, where is it? I want to see, I want to see!”

 

Yerim rolls her eyes at her dramatic witch. Leave it to her wife to be dramatic at points. 

 

“I don’t really have one, Soo.”

 

“I don’t believe you, anyway, let’s talk about your birthday, baby. I’m thinking of a party, okay. Big and extravagant party for my vampy, how old are you turning, 700 or so?” Sooyoung teases and laughs out loud at that frown on Yerim’s face at her crack about her age. Yerim is not anywhere near 700 and she will tolerate no slander such as old jokes on her birthday.

 

“I’m not 700!” 

 

“Hm, okay, sure you’re not.” She teases and pinches one of her cheeks. “Anyway, sweetie, what do you want to do for your birthday?”

 

“Nothing, I want a quiet evening at home.” 

 

Sooyoung can’t believe that Yerim wants nothing at all. She doesn’t care if she must bother her other half for the rest of the night into the next day, whatever it takes to get through to her vampire that she should do something for her birthday.

 

“Well, I don’t know about a quiet evening at home, baby. I think we should consider a huge, extravagant party!”

 

“Ugh, I’m going to bed.”

 

Yerim walks off with Sooyoung hot on her heels. The witch still throws out potential birthday ideas the whole time they walk up the stairs, as Yerim changes into pajamas, and right up until the point they are in bed cuddled up. Yerim tunes her out at the point she hears a cruise themed party on a yacht, and eventually Sooyoung falls asleep from talking to her. Yerim can’t help but to smile at how cute she looks right now, fast asleep with her lips parted slightly as if she was about to talk more, she probably wasn’t even finished talking.

 

“Soo, you’re too much.” It’s said affectionately, though and she kisses her cheek. She also knows she won’t hear the end of this birthday talk, and Yerim prepares herself for tomorrow knowing Sooyoung will continue on with the attack, only nothing happened the next day, and that’s what worried the vampire.

 

They went nearly all day without as much as word about Yerim’s birthday. They went grocery shopping, Yerim was able to run some errands, and they even went to lunch together. Sooyoung seemed to not even care anymore about her birthday which made no sense. As they were on their way to meet the Kang’s who also happened to be in the human world at the same time, Yerim pulled her wife aside.

 

“Yes?” The witch blinks.

 

“Okay, what’s going on with you?”

 

Sooyoung gives a curious look at her wife, she doesn’t quite understand where such a question is coming from. The witch is fine, no she’s more than fine.

 

“What are you talking about, vampy?”
 

“Last night you were going on and on about my birthday, now there’s silence?”

 

The record label owner just knows there has to be something up with this scenario. Sooyoung should be bothering her to no end about her birthday. 

 

“Hey, I don’t care.” Sooyoung shrugs.
 

“What!”

 

“Well, if you don’t want a special, wonderful, and extravagant 700th birthday.”

 

“I am not 700!”

 

The witch smiles and touches her cheeks in a loving way. “Of course not, baby. Anyway, I won’t bother you anymore about your birthday,  now let’s go meet our friends at their house, like a good witch and vampy, okay?”

 

“But…”

 

Sooyoung simply grabs her by the arm and they continue onto the Kang's house. They arrive to be greeted by Seulgi first, and there’s no sign of Joohyun at first, but the moment they sit down in the living room is when they see the succubus coming down the stairs dressed in full dominatrix clothing, with leather whip and everything.

 

“Seul, baby, I wasn’t finished. Come back to bed.” She says in such a seductive tone of voice that Yerim covers her ears, and already looks disgusted.

 

“Hey!” Sooyoung complains. “What the hell did we just walk on, or did we interrupt?”

 

“Oh, you two are here.” Joohyun laughs and throws the whip to the side somewhere. “Ignore that, it’s none of your concern.

 

“Ew…” the vampire cringes. “Do you two do anything else besides each other’s brains out!”

 

“Hey, Hyunnie and I do other things.” The hybrid pouts in an adorable way. “We go to couple art classes together, shopping, mini vacation dates…” she begins naming things off the top of her head and it actually sounds very sweet like typical couple things. 

 

“But do you do those things without banging!” The witch looks at them with a wary look.

 

“Well…” Seulgi begins, only to be cut off by both of their friends who claim that they don’t actually want to know the answer to the question, and Joohyun shrugs before sitting down beside her wife.

 

“It’s not any of your business anyway, just because you and Yerim probably have a dull and boring life.”

 

“What!” Sooyoung roars and prepares to cast a spell toward the succubus who already looks like she is about to fight back, only to have their wives grab them into hugs to control them.

 

“Soo, stop it!” Yerim tells her witch. “Let’s talk about anything else, like…”

 

“Oh, I got it.” The raven-haired woman smiles cheerfully, having been calmed down by Seulgi’s strong and gentle hold around her waist. “It’s soon to be our vampire’s birthday, so what are we doing, what’s the plan?”

 

“Yes, birthday party time!” Seulgi looks excited about that part. “We can even dress up as vampires for you, Yerimie.”

 

The blonde is helpless as the other couple go back and forth about possible things to do for her birthday, and she expects her witch to join in, only Sooyoung says nothing and looks impressed by the many ideas their friends are throwing out there.

 

“Um…” Yerim speaks and everyone turns to look at her. “I just want a quiet evening alone.”

 

“What?” The succubus and hybrid look at the vampire with looks of disbelief, why on earth would Yerim not want to do anything for her birthday? They usually try and have some sort of gathering for everyone’s birthday, what is going on?

 

“My baby wants a quiet evening alone in her coffin, so that’s exactly what we’re going to give to her.”

 

Seulgi blinks and whispers to Yerim, “I thought you didn’t have one?”

 

“I don’t.” Yerim whispers back. “Anyway, it’s just a birthday it doesn’t matter much since I am kind of dead, you know?”

 

Joohyun doesn’t see why it matters now all of a sudden. Yerim was a vampire when they first met her, she’s still a vampire, and will always be a vampire, what’s the matter with this birthday?

 

“Um, you’ve been undead?” Joohyun says and Sooyoung ends up cracking up in loud laughter that has Yerim looking at her wife.

 

“Uh-hum…” Sooyoung clears . “Leave my undead baby alone. If she says she doesn’t want a birthday party, then so be it.” However, Joohyun and Seulgi catch the look in the auburn-haired woman’s eyes that tell them she’s definitely not letting things go. Which means Yerim will most certainly have a birthday celebration of some kind.

 

“Oh, I get it.” Seulgi nods to herself. She gets it completely, as the witch is simply pretending that she has nothing planned or up her sleeve for her wife’s birthday, of course she would. This is Sooyoung here, there’s no way she won’t do something for Yerim’s birthday. 

 

“Well, that’s that, who cares.” Joohyun shrugs. 

 

“Hey!” Yerim complains. “At least, act like you people care!”

 

“Why, you don’t?”

 

“Ugh, never mind.” The vampire sighs. Yerim might not want to do anything for her birthday, but that doesn’t give everyone the right to act so nonchalant about it either. They can at least pretend they care about her birthday. But the next thing Yerim knows they’re all watching movies in the Kang’s private home theater. Being friends with a movie studio owner gives you access to all sorts of movies that aren’t released yet, so it turned into a fun event of wine, popcorn, and movies. They don’t stay all afternoon with their friends, because Seulgi and Joohyun say they have some company dinner that they have to attend, and the witch and vampire do leave. Sooyoung makes it a habit to send a text to Seulgi and Joohyun that as soon as she can, they will meet to finalize her baby’s birthday plans, because whether Yerim wants to or not, she will have a birthday!

 

 By the time Yerim and Sooyoung are on their way back to their house, Sooyoung decides to ask her wife again if she wants to do anything at all. The taller woman figures she might as well give her vampire one more time to decide on her own, as there could be something specific she might want to do.

 

“Okay, vampy, I’m asking you one more time, as I am your loving and devoted wife, what the hell do you want to do for your birthday!”

 

“That didn’t sound very loving of you.” Yerim tells her with a deadpan tone of voice, and Sooyoung looks unimpressed. She also looks like she’s waiting for an answer to her question.

 

“No, I only want a quiet evening home alone, Soo.”

 

“Alright fine, a quiet evening home alone. Now, baby, you do know I need to get back to the monster realm, because court and everything.”

 

It’s true that they do their best to divide up the time as evenly as possible. Yerim’s work is here in the human world, but it’s not like she herself is needed 24/7, but as the CEO and record label owner she does make appearances when necessary. As a lawyer in the monster realm, Sooyoung has to make sure she’s there especially for clients

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter