Goodbye

Goodbye

A/N: Warning alert! Topic on depression and suicide. Please do not read it if you are uncomfortable or sad. You can read my Minkyebin fluff (https://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1289899/forever) instead. Wanna write on this topic because I was inspired by Luna's recount of Sulli's last text to her and it is super important to me, to spread awareness of such sensitive topic.

If you are sad, please cheer up. It is hard but life is a rollercoaster ride. Sometimes it's scary and tough but it will be fun and enjoyable at the end of the ride. Also, to whoever is suffering, just know that you are not alone. There are people who want to help you. You just have to open up and just be vulnerable. It's ok to be weak, it's ok to cry, it's ok to suffer, but it is not ok to think about ending your life. Your parents brought you into this world, you will only break their heart by choosing to say goodbye when your time isn't up. Life's unpredictable so your happy moments will eventually come. Cheer up and be brave! 

To those who are fine, look around because there might be someone you know who is struggling. Give your concern because it means everything to them. 

I truly respect Hinapia and Pristin members. They have gone through a lot and yet they are still strong. Let's continue to support them and cheer them on! No matter if they are Hinapia or ex-Pristin members, they are the ones who have brought us joy with their music and their presence. Wishing them all the best on their careers and life goals. UBYs and Highs too, wishing you all the best in whatever you do. Be happy!

Cheers, 

Secretagentspy

--------------

Yaebin found no meaning in life. Everything had gone wrong. She felt that her life has been a mess ever since starting college. She couldn't stand the competition and stress. She cried almost everyday and therapy sessions weren't working. Everyday, she thought of death. The thoughts of jumping from the fifth floor of her apartment but she knew that it wasn't high enough to kill her. She thought of killing herself with a knife but she was afraid of the pain. The last option, gas leak. The least painful way but the slowest. She was going with that. 

She had planned her death for a while now and she placed her letter to sibling in his room and prepared to locked the windows and doors to her house. Making sure that everything was sealed, she the stove to start the gas leak. She walked to couch and lay there. The pungent smell of gas started to fill the air. After 20 minutes, it was getting harder to breathe and tears started to form. The gas was choking her but she didn't want to end it. She was sure about it. 

Before she could pass out, she took out her phone and texted her favourite person. The person who had helped and accompanied her till now. Yaebin was apologetic but she knew that she couldn't fight the monster inside of her. The monster is going to win. 

Yaebin was holding in her tears as she typed the message. It wasn't from the gas but it was from all the emotions in her.

To: Minkyung Unnie

Unnie, I miss you. Thank you for everything and goodbye.

After hitting send, she knew that the monster had won the battle. After taking in her final breath, the pungent gas hit her nostrils and tears started to stream down her face.

"Goodbye," this was the final word that rolled off her tongue. The final memory was Minkyung's sweet smile.

Hands limb and fell onto her sides, with her phone laying next to her.

--------------------

MInkyung looked at her phone after a long day of work. She read Yaebin's text and she knew something was wrong. The message was sent about an hour earlier.

"Yaebin... please be safe," Minkyung thought to herself. 

She quickly booked a cab as she packed her belongings and rushed down the lobby. Within minutes, her cab came and she frantically went in, giving the address to the cabbie and began calling the girl. Many thoughts were going through her head. She thought that Yaebin had recovered. Was it all an act just because Minkyung had been worrying too much. She really hated herself for giving the girl too much pressure. She had tried her best to help the young girl. Heck, she had even prepared for a special gateaway for the both of them because Yaebin had been working hard to overcome her depression. She had done well such that a lower dosage of anti-depressants was prescribed. 

"Young lady, are you alright?" asked the old cabbie. He had never seen someone so flustered throughout his 30 years of cabbie experience. 

"I am fine but can you drive faster?" Minkyung looked like a mess but calmed herself down to reply the old man. All she wanted now was some peace and Yaebin to miraculously answer the phone call. 

"Yes, I will step on it," replied the driver respectfully. He respected his client's wishes. 

When she had reached the destination, Minkyung looked at the meter. $20.50. She gave $30 and told the cabbie to keep the change and she immediately flew up the stairs to Yaebin's unit. She fumbled to unlock the gate with the spare key that was given to her from the girl and what greeted her was the foul smelling gas. She quickly turned off the stove and opened the windows. She took in a couple of fresh air by the window before finding the young girl laying on the couch. The sight of Yaebin with her eyes closed, pale face and slightly purple lips had her feet fixed to the ground. She couldn't move and crouched at the spot, tears formed and threatened to fall. She couldn't believe it. She had met Yaebin a year ago and is this how their chapter is going to an end? She took in a deep breath to compose herself and got up. She walked to the corpse and held the girl in her arms. 

"You must be suffering so much but hiding it so well so that I wouldn't be hurt. I am sorry for bringing you so much pain. I am sorry for hurting you when I promise that I will love you. I am sorry but please rest well. I am happy that you are at a much happier place." 

All she could do was to hold the pale girl in her arms and warm her up.

--------------------

Yaebin's brother had came home from school and was shocked to see Minkyung around, with his sister in her lover's arm. After realising that Yaebin had chosen to leave the world, he too broke down but had to stay strong because this is what her sister wanted. He remembered the time when her sister had joked about leaving a letter to him when she pass on. He immediately when to his room and found a letter addressed to him. He opened it and it was her sister's final wishes and a specific page written for Minkyung. He took that page and passed it to the older girl. 

Minkyung's hand was trembling as she took the piece of paper. She took in a deep breath and read the content: 

Dear Minkyung Unnie, 

Thank you for everything but I am sorry for losing the fight against the monster in me. I know that you are trying hard to bring me out of the battle but I can't seem to get out of it. I tried my best to be happy but everytime I feel happiness, bad things still occur to me and I feel that I do not deserve to be happy. You are the only one that can bring me joy during this bad time. Thank you because I feel happy whenever I am around you. You make me feel alive and I do enjoy every single moment of our time together. I have chosen to leave the world because I worry that our happiness may not last long. It is not your fault. It is just my problem. I don't desserve to be happy, but you do. I don't have much but this is what I can leave you with. You will find a purple box with your name on it that is on my dresser. Stay strong for me and move on. I love you. 

Love you forever and always, 

Yaebinnie

Minkyung choked on her tears as she read the letter. Her tears kept falling and the paper was soon filled with smudged pen ink. After reading the letter and realising that it was getting smudged, she took her shirt to dab off the tears that were ruining the paper. It was Yaebin's final words to her. She can't ruin it. She hugged the cold body even tighter in her arms, tears streaming down as she could inhale the faint jasmine scent of her lover. 

"I love you," she whispered into the corpse's ear. She mustered up the courage to say her final word to the girl.

"Goodbye."

--------------------

A/N pt 2: Thank you for reading this fanfic till the end. Be happy always!