Chapter 1

Wait

"Hey."

"Hey."

"What's your name?"

"Im Nayeon. Yours?"

"Kim Dahyun?"

"Woah! Your face is so soft! And so pale too!"

"O-Oh? Y-You think?"

"Yeah! I love it! Hey, you wanna be friends?"

"Oh, um, ah, s-sure..."

"Cool! Let's be the best of friends forever!"

"O-Okay..."

As a child, promises can be easily made, and easily broken. Everyone says something that can easily be broken. But our friendship, our friendship was something that withstood that. Even through high school into our senior year, it was just you and me against the world.

"Hey, we're friends right?"

"What kind of question is that? Of course we are!"

"Okay."

"Hey, you okay?"

"Yup. Just not feeling it today."

"Oh, okay. You wanna get some ice cream?"

"Sure."

"You look cute when you eat ice cream."

"Did you really just bring me out just to see me eat ice cream."

"Noooo, that's not all. You're also paying."

"Like hell I am!"

"See, you look better now! I told you ice cream would be good. Aren't I the best?"

"I-I...you're the worst. Why am I even friends with you?"

"Because you secretly love my antics, and you can't live without me?"

"..."

"Dahyun?"

"You're paying."

"Hey! Get back here! I don't have any money on me!!! Dahyuuuuun! Saaaave Meeeeee!"

You know, when we got ice cream that day, I left because I finally realized why I felt down that day. I started to gain feelings for you, feelings that shouldn' be felt for your best friend, especially one that's the same gender as you. But then, everything changed that day.

"Dahyun! Over here! Hey, come here you deaf tofu!"

"You don't have to yell unnie, I'm literally five feet away. Who's this."

"I wouldn't have to yell if you weren't so deaf. And this, is Jeongyeon, the new student!"

"Hello."

"Hello."

"I'm showing her around because she's new."

"O-Oh, okay, well. I gotta go do, stuff."

"Okay? Good luck with your stuff!"

You would talk to her everyday, somehow finding a way to fit her into our conversations, her name always coming whenever it was just the two of us. Eventually, you would just start to spend more time with her. I would find myself starting to walk home alone, trying to constantly find a place to sit at lunch, but I couldn't do it anymore towards the point where I would skip lunch entirely or go eat at the courtyard, no matter the weather.

Even then, I would still hold onto my feelings for you, even if it was clear that you never felt the same for me.

"E-Excuse me. What's going on? Why's everyone grouped up?"

"Huh. Oh! They're together, like, finally together!"

My stomach dropped that day as she told me what was happening. I wanted to get a better look despite my heart telling me to save myself and turn away.

"W-Who?"

"Who else! The class president and the new girl. Like OMG! They keep staring at each other with hearts in their eyes and I'm like 'AHHHH! JUST KISS EACH OTHER ALREADY!'"

"W-What?"

"You know, Im Nayeon and Yoo Jeongyeon? They're, like, so CUTE together! hey wait, aren't you Dahyun, the girl who hangs around Nayeon all the time. You know, if it weren't for you then maybe Nayeon would be more popular than she is now, and maybe a lot of us would be, like, close friends with each other you know? So shouldn;t you know about this more than us?"

"O-Oh, I-I'm sorry for being in the way of other people. And we just, haven't talked in a while."

"Hmph, at least you're aware of it. Serves you right, i mean who would even want to be friends with you in the first place."

"I-I'm sorry."

She said all the right things, even then, deep down, I already knew I was to blame for you not being as well known as you should've been. Despite it all, I stil kept on hurting my self. I guess I'm a masochist.

"KISS KISS KISS"

All around me, everyone kept chanting as I fought my way to the front of the crowd, tears starting to gloss my eyes as I continuously pushed my body through thr crowd. And finally, I got there.

The noise started to die down to me, even if I saw many people jumping up and down in joy. All I saw was Jeongyeon wrapping an arm around your back, the other bringing your head closer to hers as you wrapped your own arms around her.

I couldn't take it anymore and turned around, frantically looking for a way to get out of the crowd, the sight of you kissing Jeongyeon still fresh in my mind. I finally found a way out of the lunchroom. Outside, the rain was pouring. Even without a raincoat, it strangely didn't bother me at all. I felt as if I couldn't care less about it. I wanted to be selfish, and confess my feelings for you right then and there, but the sight of you being happy with her, without e in the picture would pop up in my mind. 

At that moment, I knew that we would stop being friends, so I decided to leave you alone for the rest of your life. Because without me, You would be better off.

 

"Hello?" Dahyun looked up from her journal, taking a bite of her sandwich as she stared at the girl expectedly, glaring at her for ruining her precious sandwich time. It's been two weeks since she last spoke with Nayeon, a week since she saw Nayeon and Jeongyeon, 3 days since Nayeon has been trying to bug her and find her, 3 days since she started to avoid her.

Dahyun only nodded at the girl in confirmation, taking out her earbuds to show the girl she had her attention. Getting a good look at her, she saw that the girl in front of her was someone she hasn't seen before. The girl was beautiful, her hair casually flowing down her shoulders as she brushed a strand behind her ears looking straight into her own eyes. it was then that she realized that the girl was closer than she realized. 

Eyes widening in shock, she abruptly stood up, knocking the both of them onto the floor as they bumped heads. Her food along with her bag fell with her as she immediately tried to grab the girl in front of her to protect her from getting hurt. Wrapping her arms around teh girls lean frame, she turned the two around to absorb the shock of the fall.

Slowly opening her eyes, she ignored the throbbing pain in her back to check if the girl was okay. Finally able to clear the glossiness of her eyes, she can see brown orbs staring back into her. She could feel the girl's arms wrapped around her, her body pressed close to hers as they could feel each others' breaths.

"Hello." The girl greeted, the two still looking into each other's eyes.

Nod The girl took the response as a sing and breathed out a sigh of relief before she quickly apologized and got up from her position in Dahyun's arms, the both of them sad at the loss of warmth in each other's arms before they shook the feeling away.

"Um, I'm new here, and uhh, I was wondering if you know someone named Kim Dahyun?" The girl in question was surprised at hearing her name, and raised an eyebrow slowly nodding her head in affirmation. She eyed the girl suspiciously before she brought herself up, glad that none of her food got on her dress before she turned to face the girl once again.

"Sorry. Uhm, are, are you okay?" And before Dahyun could react, Mina brought a hand up to her head, quickly moving her head around to see if there were any marks on her. Dahyun wanted to stop her, but she couldn't help but blushed as Mina's warm, soft hands softly caressed her head.

"Oh, uhm, I'm sorry. It was my fault for getting into your face." Mina apologized once again. Dahyun covered her red face, nodding in her head as she waited for her face to return to its morning color. "Hey, I don't know if anyone ever told you this, but your skin is so soft! It even looks like tofu too!"

Mina could immediately tell she said something wrong as the girl in front of her stopped moving, her bangs covering her eyes as her body stiffened. Dahyun felt tears begin to spring up to her eyes as memories of times spent with Nayeon flashed in her mind as she heard her nickname, the name no one but Nayeon calls her.

"I-I'm sorry. I'm just not feeling qweel right now."

"Oh, um, I'm sorry if i said anythign to offend you. If you want, I can leave you alone now." Mina looked sad as she started to pack her things up, mainly consisting of her laptop before she turned around to leave. Dahyun quickly tried to protest, shaking her hands no to no avail. She quickly packed her stuff up as well, biting into her half-eaten sandwich to keep it in as she chased the fast-moving girl.

"W-Wait!" Dahyun yelled as Mina turned around, slightly startled by the girl before she watched as Dahyun bent over, hands on her knees as she tried to regain her breath.

"I-I'm Kim Dahyun." Mina;s eyes widened at the revelation before she smiled.

"Hello Kim Dahyun. Myoui Mina, and you are supposed to take me around the school." It was Dahyun's turn to be shocked as she never knew she was to show a student around the school.

"I am?"

"Yes, you are. You didn't know this before?"

"No?"

"Well, the principal said you were going to give me the full school experience and give me a tour."

"Oh, uhm, okay? I guess I can show you around the school."