One!

I knew you're the one

Hyewon arrived from work and hung her coat on the coat stand. She then picked inside their room and she found her girlfriend talking with someone on the phone, and when her presence was recognized by her girlfriend, Eunbi looked at her and smiled at her.

 

Eunbi then went to her and then she put her arms on Hyewon’s nape, Hyewon stared at her for a while and then Eunbi grinned as she gave her a quick kiss afterwards, “My friends invited as for dinner” she told Hyewon, but Hyewon was silent about it for a while and so she pursed her lips and added, “I can just tell them we can’t if you don’t want to” she said.

 

Hyewon then lazily smiled at her as she shook her head, “No don’t decline, let me just get put my things away for a bit” she said and then gave her a little peck as she went inside their room.

 

Eunbi crossed her arms and was just silently watching Hyewon do her thing but then Hyewon felt eyes on her and so she looked at Eunbi, “What?” she asked.

 

“Are you sure? Are we really going?” she asked Hyewon and she got a simple nod from her which made her raise her brows.

 

She’s being like that because in all honesty, Hyewon’s isn’t a people person and her friends aren’t really fond of her because of that. It’s not that Hyewon doesn’t want to meet them or befriend her friends, she just really cannot communicate with people she’s not familiar with, Hell it even took years before she even told Eunbi how she felt about her. They haven’t exactly had a nice impression of Hyewon in the past as she wasn’t really communicating with her friends, she would but only if Eunbi is involved.

 

Eunbi was brought back to reality as she was called several times by Hyewon, “Not getting ready?” she asked.

 

“Oh, yeah” said Eunbi and then she went inside the room for their clothes.

Both of them were then on around the street of their apartment, they were walking side by side with their hands intertwined. They didn’t take a ride because the place they agreed on was just around the block.

 

“How was work?” Eunbi asked.

 

Hyewon shrugged a bit, “It was fine, but still I have a lot of things to do” and then she face palmed for a second when she remembered what problem she had to face because of their Finance Manager. “If only Mr. Lee didn’t do anything stupid about the money allotted to the project, I would have been more at home and I would have been with you more” she whined like a kid.

 

Eunbi chuckled for the fact that she wasn’t whining about she had to face a big problem but with the fact that her time with her was shortened because of it. Well, She was always good with what she does so, It’s not really big deal for Hyewon. 

 

“Wow, you’re laughing at me” said Hyewon who seemed to be offended, but actually she was also kidding. Eunbi even shrugged at her because of her childishness. Hyewon then started to tickle Eunbi because of it, and Eunbi tried to struggle but in the end she just give up even trying to get away from Hyewon’s grip. Hyewon who was smiling afterwards just went in for a back hug. “God, I love you so much” she blurted out and so Eunbi turned around and held her face, giving her a soft smile.

 

Eunbi then leaned in for a quick kiss, “I love you too, baby” she said that made Hyewon just crave of her more, and so she leaned on, kissed her.

They had arrived at the place and Eunbi’s friends were already there, Eunbi went to them hurriedly and gave them greetings. Hyewon was following her girl quietly at the back. Her friends then acknowledged her as they gave her simple greetings and afterwards, Eunbi’s circle of friends started talking about something. The other halfs of Eunbi’s friends spoke to Hyewon.

 

“They just have their own bubble” said one of them.

 

Hyewon then quietly nodded, and said “Yeah” she replied shortly and the conversation just had to die. The other person then just shrugged.

 

On of Eunbi’s friends then turned to her and said, “How about we have Mrs. CEO here treat us dinner” Eunbi swatted her friend and turned to Hyewon.

 

But Hyewon held Eunbi’s hand and told her, “Hey baby, I’ll do it. It’s fine” and smiled at Eunbi and she was about to speak but Hyewon still had the smile on her face so she just let it go.

 

One of Eunbi’s friends even said, “Yeah Eunbi, it’s probably nothing for her, right Hyewon-ssi?” Eunbi was kind of annoyed by how her friends are being right now. As far as she remembers, they weren’t really that good friends with Hyewon and they always had bad mouthed her for not being that social with them, Hyewon knew of this and when Eunbi would already get mad at them, she would be there to restraint her telling her, “They’re still you’re friends remember they have been with you longer than I have, I don’t really want to be in the middle of you guys, and so on and on” and with that Eunbi had always kept everything to herself.

 

Hyewon nodded, and she even waived them her credit card and told them, “Order whatever you want, it’s all on me” she told them of course, some of them weren’t amused because they think she’s just showing off, Eunbi even caught one of her friends hiding her scoff in a form of a cough.

 

All of them then started to order and Hyewon went out for a minute to take the phone call. “Are you really sure about being with Hyewon” asked by one of her friends, the person who she caught scoffing earlier.

 

Eunbi looked at Hyewon busily talking on the phone and then she looked at her friend afterwards, “Why do you ask”

 

“I mean, she’s really being kind of an right now, leaving you alone here and taking a phone call when where about to eat? And she was arrogant earlier about even waving her credit card.” said that one person, and Eunbi really had enough of her friend.

 

One friend of them then had to stop that friend of theirs, “I think you need to stop, Eunhye-yah” but it seemed like she wasn’t stopping any moment and so Eunbi had to talk.  

 

“I don’t know what’s wrong with you or what but may I remind you, you were the one who suddenly asked to treat us and now you keep on badmouthing her?” In all seriousness, she wasn’t really that close with Eunhye, but she was a part of the group and it went naturally for them to be friends. Eunbi then stood up and, “I’m sorry but I don’t think I can eat with a spoiled mood” she told them and so also one of their friends, Yoon ran to her.

 

“Eunbi, I’m sorry about that” she told Eunbi when she had caught up to her.

 

“Yoon-ah, I don’t think you should be apologizing” she told her.

 

“Still, I was the one who invited her” she added.

 

“it’s fine, I wasn’t really going but Hyewon wanted to come, she probably wanted to try befriending you guys but oh well.” She said then shrugged.

 

Yoon sadly smiled at her, “I know how bad things started with us and Hyewon, but I know how to keep things to myself, and I know how to look at a person. I know I didn’t really like her at first for the reason that I thought it was normal that she should have hanged out with us more but then when I think of it, it wasn’t her responsibility and I know I was wrong about it” she then gave her a genuine smile, “I knew she’s the best person for you” Yoon added.

 

Eunbi then had a soft smile on her face because of what she heard, she then went on a gave her bestfriend a hug, “This is the reason we’re bestfriends, you’re the best” said Eunbi.

 

“I know, you can’t find someone like m” Yoon said smugly.

 

Eunbi then looked at her sternly, “I think I have to take my words back, you’re not the best you’re insufferable” she said and then they just laughed.

 

A hand then slipped on Eunbi’s waist, “Weren’t you supposed to be having fun inside?” Hyewon asked Eunbi as she looked her in the eye, they had their bubble popped when Yoon fake coughed.

 

“I’m still here you know, you can’t be just mushy right in front of me” she told them and Eunbi just had to smack her so she chuckled and she looked at Hyewon.

 

“I think I have to apologize to you Hyewon-ssi. We didn’t really have the best impressions of each other and I know we may have been hard on you, and with that I sincerely apologize” Yoon said, and Hyewon was really flustered she really wasn’t expecting this kind of thing to happen tonight. Eunbi just had to chuckle beside her.

 

“Hyewon” she said.

 

“Pardon?” Yoon asked.

 

“I meant, you can just call me Hyewon. If we’re going to be friends then we should at least call each other’s name comfortably” she said and so Yoon smiled at her.

 

She nodded, “Okay, Hyewon” and then she paused. “I think I have to cringe a bit, I have to get used to that first” Yoon said and they all laughed.

 

“Aren’t we going inside?” Hyewon asked, and Eunbi looked at Yoon.

 

Yoon then waived her hand, “Something came up, you can bail and have your date if you want”

 

“Really? Shame, I was looking forward on treating you guys good food” Hyewon added.

 

Yoon shrugged, “Well, we can meet next time, preferably your house. I heard you’re a good cook” Yoon said and looked at Eunbi, and she grinned at her because Eunbi had hang open, she then added, “Kidding”

 

But Hyewon told her, “Cool, it’s fine you can call me anytime. I’ll arrange everything” she even gave her business card to her which she didn’t expect, and so she looked at Eunbi who shrugged at her.

 

“O-Okay” was what Yoon replied, and she even scratched her head. “Okay! I’ll head back inside then. Enjoy your alone time, both of you!” she told both of them and went to hug Eunbi, and she winked at her before going inside.

 

Eunbi then and Hyewon looked at each other, and at the same time they shrugged, because of that the chuckled. Hyewon then got a hold of Eunbi hands and rubbed her hands on them, and she even blew hot air to them. “You’re hands do really get too so cold sometimes” said Hyewon looking at Eunbi.

 

Eunbi grinned, “I have you to make me warm so it’s fine” Hyewon chuckled and told her, “That’s true” Both of them started to walk side by side as they walk home. They would laugh time to time, when Hyewon would tell Eunbi something funny.

 

They were never near this kind of relationship before, heck no one would have ever thought they were going to be together at most. Well, considering Hyewon wasn’t just someone to be interacting with someone she hasn’t even been acquainted with, nor someone did she ever have seen Eunbi before. It was really such a funny thing how they came into this relationship.

Hyewon was visiting the company of her cousin, Yujin. She stopped on her tracks which made her secretary also halt. She just saw someone being shouted at, she sighed and went near them. She didn’t even know why she did that, her secretary also was shocked at what her boss just did. Well, it’s just that there are kind of a lot of people watching the commotion.   

 

Hyewon faked a cough to get the attention of the people, and then the second thing she did was what shocked her secretary more and probably Yujin who had just arrived on the scene. “With what authority you have to be shouting at my girlfriend?” she asked as she pulled Eunbi who had her tears stop, and look at the person who just pulled her close to her. The person who was shouting at Eunbi was drenched with coffee but actually she was the one who collided with Eunbi.

 

Yujin’s eyes just bulged out at what she heard and looked at Hyewon’s secretary but she might as well be shocked. Before the commission got bigger, she got a grip and went to them, she escorted the person as it was a VIP, and she looked at Hyewon and mouthed words at her, but all Hyewon did was shrug at her.

 

When Hyewon and Eunbi were left alone, Eunbi was the one who spoke, “Thank you for saving me, but why did you say I was your girlfriend? We didn’t meet at any club have we and we got together by accident?!” Eunbi asked wide-eyed.

 

Hyewon was might as well have those wide eyes and immediately shook her head, “What?! NO!” she replied and she just saw Eunbi sigh out of relief.

 

What Eunbi next just made Hyewon stare at her, Eunbi flashed a soft smile and told her, “Thank you very much for the help then, I may have to go now” she told Hyewon and pointed at the things she was carrying. “I still have a lot to do” she told Hyewon but Hyewon was still staring at her like her soul just left her body.

 

She wasn’t replying and so her secretary smiled at Eunbi and went to Hyewon, “Daepyeonim?”

 

Hyewon was then brought back to reality, “Ah, I’m sorry. Okay” Eunbi then smiled to her and smiled at her once more. And before she was completely gone, Hyewon called for her, “Wait!” she said and Eunbi looked back at her, “What’s your name?”

 

“It’s Kwon Eunbi” and then she was gone.

 

“Kwon Eunbi…. Huh” she murmured and her secretary faked a cough and she looked at her. “Why?” she asked but her secretary just shook her head, “Let’s go” she just told Hyewon.

 

It probably that day that she was almost was on her Yujin’s company everyday that Yujin was almost sick of her face compared to when she told Hyewon to come even atleast once a month for them to hang out. Yujin even already why she goes to her company and she even kept on pushing Hyewon to confess but Hyewon wouldn’t really budge.

 

“Unnie, just tell her you know. I don’t even think Director Kwon is that dense to not know what you’re doing”

 

“Exactly! I don’t really need to confess do I?” Hyewon told Yujin that Yujin almost smacked her.

 

“WOW! Pabo-yah!”  Yujin told her. “Wow, you’re insufferable unnie” she told Hyewon but Hyewon just grinned at her.

 

Well until it went like almost 2 years probably that she confessed to Eunbi. When she told Eunbi she liked her, Eunbi smiled at her and told her,  “I didn’t know I had to wait for 2 years to hear those”

 

Hyewon shyly smiled at her that time and Eunbi pulled her somewhere outside the building, and the rest was history!

“What do you want to eat?” Eunbi asked Hyewon as they have arrived at their home.

 

“I don’t know, anything would do” Hyewon replied. Eunbi nodded then she went to the kitchen.

 

It was when Eunbi was cooking and her back was turned to Hyewon, she just found Eunbi’s back appealing that she went to her and hugged her from the back. She rested her head on her shoulders. Eunbi hummed, “Tired?” she asked Hyewon.

 

Eunbi then felt Hyewon nod, her other hand then went on Hyewon’s head and gave her a pat, “This will soon be done, so go to the living room first hmm?” Eunbi told Hyewon and she felt Hyewon lift her head up, she even gave Eunbi a kiss on the cheek before going to the living room.

When the food was done, Eunbi then went to the living room and call for Hyewon but she just saw Hyewon dozing off on the sofa. She then took some of the pillows and blankets from their room, she put some on Hyewon’s head, and she decided to cuddle with Hyewon. She had Hyewon’s arms wrapped around her as she hugged Hyewon who had gripped harder when she probably felt Eunbi was on her arms. Fortunately, that sofa was big enough for them to be properly accommodated. They then slept on that sofa peacefully, on each other’s arms.  

 

 

 

 THE END! 

Thank you for reading!