Simple Crush Part III

Simple Crush

 

Ding.

 

The elevator opened. They’re home.

 

“Let’s go.” His voice instantly made her feel warm and at home.

 

Where he was, it was her home.

 

Lim Jaebeom.

 

Seulgi smiled and nodded as she stepped inside the elevator. She grinned to herself as she took a step closer to him, then leaned into his warmth.

 

It made Jaebeom smile as he put his arm out and rubbed her arm. “You tired?”

 

She hummed a tired reply. They just finished filming for Jaebeom’s variety show that Seulgi was a guest at, Mafia. Both of them were quite excited when the guesting was announced.

 

Seulgi can remember herself almost spitting her drink when she heard it. They even joked about both of them being a Mafia and laughed about it, thinking it was impossible. That’s why Seulgi tried her best to hide her shock when she realized they were really both the Mafia with Hyungdon.

 

“It’s tiring being the Mafia.” She said upon realization and frowned as they got off the elevator.

 

Jaebeom let out a laugh as he watched her petite form trudge ahead of him, her hair bun bouncing on each step, towards the door to his unit like she knows it by heart. She must have, she’d been there when he moved out of the group’s dorm and into this new home with their cats, together with their drawings and photos taken. They’ve been together longer than that and he feels lucky for that.

 

He adjusted their bags on his one hand as he reached out for her arm with his other, turning her to him. “Hey.”

 

She swung to face him, her hair flipping across her face.“Hm?”

 

He smiled and brushed away the strands that got stuck on , “Are you sad we lost?”

 

Seulgi scoffed as she looked up to him, shaking her head and smiling cutely. “No, I’m happy we get to play together. And as both Mafia, can you believe that?”

 

He let out a sigh of relief as he nodded and went to open his door. “We almost got them, though.”

 

“Exactly! But I thought it was Chuseok! Thanks for protecting me about that, by the way-” She was interrupted by her phone ringing. She slipped it out and saw that it was Joy. “Uhm, Joyiah.”

 

“Unnie, I just got home.”

 

Jaebeom pulled her in his unit and closed the door behind her. Seulgi slipped on a sweet smile for him. “We just got home too.” It made Jaebeom smile as well that she referred to his place as her home too.

 

Jaebeom decided to peek at the video call, teasing. “Good game, Joy.”

 

“Oppa! Hah, you didn’t fool me.”

 

“Oh yeah?”

 

Seulgi giggled and handed the phone over to Jaebeom. She took their bags from his hand and went to his room. She looked around his room, smiling at the framed paintings and drawings they made on days they felt like doing art. It almost filled the whole room. It was her favorite bonding with him.

 

“I can’t believe you made Unnie the bad guy!”

 

Jaebeom laughed as he followed behind her, he looked at Seulgi. His hand snaking around her waist. She felt her heart skip a beat. They’ve been together for so long but Seulgi still gets smitten when he laughs and smiles like a kid.

 

“Sorry, Joyiah. She chose that cell. This time she was destined to be teamed up with me.”

 

Seulgi laughed and shoved him aside, stepping away. “Hey, I had a hard time!” Jaebeom laughed and pulled her back to him.

 

Joy made a face at them. “Okay! Ew, you’re starting… I’m hanging up! Go have your quality time. Unnie, hugs!”

 

“Uhm, see you tomorrow!” Seulgi made a cutely puckered her lips at the screen.

 

The screen blacks out and Jaebeom stared at Seulgi who still had that pouty kiss lips.

 

Seulgi raised her brows at him, a challenge. Jaebeom smiled and shook his head before stealing a kiss.

 

Seulgi yelped and raised a hand to her lips as Jaebeom chuckled handsomely, leaving her shocked.

 

She bit her lip. He’s such a beautiful being. And he just kissed her.

 

Damn, how that simple crush has come so far.

 

---

 

Seulgi spotted him and climbed the couch beside Jaebeom, “Jagiya… I’ll cook for you? Keke”

 

He pondered over this, deciding he shouldn’t tire her out too much. It’s been a long day for her. He put a hand at the back of her waist, caressing her back like his own cat. “We can order chicken & beer?”

 

Seulgi pouted at that and sighed, leaning back on the sofa. “Yah… Do you hate my cooking that much?”

 

Jaebeom blinked before laughing. She was too cute. In truth, he loved her cooking especially because he knew how she always tried so hard at it. He’s helped her out quite a few times, teaching her. She can actually cook well now and he’s really proud of her. If anything, it just made him fall for her even more.

 

“Of course not. I love you and everything you make.” She looked up from her sulking then at him.

 

He said it so casually while taking her shoes off for her. Seulgi could melt into a puddle. What did she do to deserve this human being in her life? For him to treat her so preciously?

 

She scooted closer and slipped her arms around his waist as she leaned against his back.

 

“Hn?” Jaebeom glanced at her.

 

“Mm. Nothing. I love you too. And everything about you, Lim Jaebeom.”

 

Oh, what a simple crush could do.

 

He pulled her to sit on his lap, her legs straddling his waist and lifted his fingers to poke and squish her cheeks. “Really?”

 

She nodded her head cutely making him smile and give her a peck yet again. He loved stealing kisses from her and seeing that surprised look on her face before she blushes.

 

Sure enough, Seulgi blinked and covered , a faint blush on her cheeks.

 

He grinned like a child. “You’re too cute.”

 

“Ey, Jaebeom-ssi, don’t take advantage of me.”

 

Jaebeom laughed out loud as he pulled her into a hug. His hand patting the back of her head. "Do you really want to cook dinner?" He whispered against her ear.

 

"Yes. I want to be better at cooking." She pulled away a little to look at him, ready to plead.

 

Her lips were starting to pout a little again and it made him smile. She didn't need to use aegyo on him, even every little thing she does will seem cute to him and can make him agree on anything she says. "Okay, let's cook then."

 

He loved how her eyes brightened up, "Yay!"

 

Jaebeom laughed out loud and got up, carrying her like a koala.

 

“Hey, put me down! You’re back might hurt again. Lim Jaebeom!”

 

“Nonsense, you’re like a feather.”

 

He made a beeline to his room, startling Seulgi. “Hey, I thought we were cooking!”

 

“Let’s get you to shower first, baby-”

 

He was about to put her down on the bed when she interrupted him, “Ey, you want to shower with me? You’re so naughty, Jaebeom-ssi.”

 

Jaebeom paused, blinked then laughed, deciding not to put her down. “That’s not what I meant, Seulgi-ssi. But since you suggested it…” He quickly turned and ran straight to the bathroom, making Seulgi yelp and tighten her hold on him

 

“Yah, Lim Jaebeom! Put me down! You’re back!!”

 

---

 

“Hands up.”

 

Seulgi obediently followed his order as Jaebeom slipped on his oversized shirt on her. His own shirt to wear still hanging on his shoulders giving Seulgi a chance to ogle at his abs for a few more minutes.

 

Jaebeom caught her staring, “What, didn’t get enough in the shower, babe?” teasing her.

 

“Psh. Show off.” Seulgi rolled her eyes at him then peeked at his abs one more time before smiling knowingly. “Actually… Yes, I can’t ever get enough.”

 

“Wow. Is that an invitation, Kang Seulgi-ssi?” Jaebeom was in the middle of putting his shirt down and wondered if he should take it off again.

 

Seulgi burst out laughing as she tugged down his shirt. “Later.”

 

He scoffed and turned around, offering her his back. “Come on, I’ll carry you.”

 

“You always carry me.”

 

“I don’t want you to be tired.”

 

Seulgi felt her eyes warm up and it reached her heart. She knew he wanted her to rest, that’s why he suggested to just have takeout for dinner. She stood up on the bed.

 

She slipped her arms around his shoulders, pulling him to her and slowly pressed her lips on his neck, whispering, “Thank you for always taking care of me, Beom-ah.”

 

Jaebeom felt his neck warm up where her lips were touching his skin. He wanted to abort their dinner and just cuddle with her right there and then. But she immediately jumped down from his bed, making him turn to face her.

 

She wagged her finger at him, “But I’m very serious about taking care of your back, too. I don’t want you to suffer that injury again.”

 

Jaebeom smiled and kissed the top of her head. “Alright.”

 

---

Seulgi proceeded to sit at the kitchen countertop. “Hm, what will we cook today?” Jaebeom immediately followed and stepped in between her legs, his arms propped on her sides.

 

“Hm? What is it?” She raised her brows at him, her hands automatically going up his arms.

 

He shook his head and just looked at her warmly. "What do you want to cook?"

 

She stared back at him, dazed by his beauty for a moment. Forgetting for a moment about what she wanted to cook.

 

"Mm," Her eyes memorized his face and her fingers traced his brows, his monolid eyes she loved, those two twin moles below his eyebrow, his nose. When it reached his lips, he kissed it. Eliciting a giggle from her. “Yah…”

 

He grabbed the back of her head and pulled her back to him. He can never get enough of her and hugging her. She obediently dove into his embrace. It felt so warm and they stayed like that for a while.

 

“Hmm, I thought we were going to cook,” Seulgi’s muffled voice against his shoulder. She said that but made no attempt to move away or let go.

 

“Mmyeah. One more minute. Or five.”

 

It made Seulgi smile against his shirt. “Okay…”

 

Jaebeom heaved a sigh and tightened his hold on her head and waist, tucking her to him. Who would’ve thought that the girl he had a crush on who sat beside him would now be here in his arms.

 

So many thoughts were on his head that day. He can single out one thought though. A promise. That if ever he’ll get lucky enough to have her in his arms one day, he’d do anything to keep her.

 

Who was he kidding? He knew back then, it wasn’t just a simple crush.

 

The moment he saw her, he just knew.

 

---

 

“What are you doing?”

 

“I’m watching this old video of us.” Seulgi had picked up her phone while they were waiting for their food to boil.

 

“Hm?” Jaebeom walked over to her, still in his apron. “You saved a video of us?” He peeked at her phone and saw that it was that first moment they sat together. That very moment he always remembered; when she caught his attention and for some reason, never made him forget about her.

 

“Uh-uhm. See, you were scooting closer to me!”

 

He smiled at her as he checked on their dish. “Of course I wanted to sit close to you, I liked you.”

 

Seulgi looked up and walked up to him. “Ey… you liked me then already?”

 

Jaebeom tasted the soup, and made her taste it as well, earning a nod from her. “Yep.”

 

Seulgi smiled and stepped on her toes, giving him a kiss on the cheek. “Me too. I liked you then already too. I was worried you could hear my heart thump so loudly!”

 

“I heard it.”

 

Seulgi’s mouth dropped as she looked at him in disbelief. “Really?”

 

He looked at her with teasing eyes, “Yeah.”

 

Seulgi pouted making Jaebeom break into his cute smile. “I’m kidding. I was really nervous when I called you the first time. I was worried you’ll reject me. What am I going to do with my future plans that only had you in it?”

 

Seulgi rolled her eyes and laughed at his words. He was such a sweet talker, and she secretly loved it.

 

“Also a lot of boys have professed they liked you back then…”

 

“How do you know that?”

 

“I was watching you then I was watching them watching you.” He narrowed his eyes cutely, remembering that memory, making Seulgi giggle and pinch his cheeks before she stepped away to prepare their table.

 

Jaebeom stepped closer, making her face him and trapped her, both his arms at her side, leaning his head so he could stare at her face. “Yes?”

 

He shook his head and gave her a soft kiss.

 

“Thank you, for choosing to be with me.” He lifted one of her hands to his lips. “Thank you for saying yes to me, Kang Seulgi.”

 

Seulgi placed her fingers on the sides of his face. She traced his eyes and nose and lips with her eyes. “Silly, I already chose you the moment you scooted closer to me.”

 

She smiled cutely at him before he dove for her lips again.

 

It all started with a simple crush.

 

Little did they know, that the paradise they longed for was planted on that simple crush they had on each other.

-

-

-

-

-


AN: Finished it! I just kept on imagining these scenes with them, ya know lol Hope you guys like it! Follow me on twitter and fan girl with me @k0mely and please leave some comments suggestions or if you love it please do tell!