Simple Crush Part I

Simple Crush

 

Kang Seulgi

 

Jaebeom could remember how he just admired her before from afar. They debuted in the same year and from the start, he’d always known she would be something big on stage from when he watched their performances. Then the few times he’s seen her backstage, she seemed cute and down to earth. He was quite intrigued by her.

 

That day when he found himself sitting beside her, he was quite thrilled. He was supposed to act cool and chic but he couldn’t help that he kept on glancing at her and checking what she was doing and laughing about. He’d even planned to have s all sit together so he could scoot closer to her, he’d thought himself as genius back then. And when they were both singing along with the performances on stage, her voice was all he could hear and he decided he wanted to listen to it everyday. He knew what it was, he was smitten by Kang Seulgi. 

 

He thought it was just a simple crush.

 

---

Lim Jaebeom

 

Seulgi noticed him, of course. How could anyone not notice that chic leader of GOT7? He was oozing with charisma on stage that she can’t help but watch his group each time she got the chance to. She also couldn't help having this little crush on him when she watched him perform.

 

He had those monolid eyes like hers. Monolid eyes always caught her attention, him having the same eyes just made her love monolid eyes even more. Off cam and backstage, she’d admit to have stolen glances at him when he wasn’t looking. She felt like she was having one of those highschool crush. 

 

So the moment she saw him walking towards where she was sitting and carefully sat down beside her, her alarms went off. Someone she truly admired was sitting beside her and she could see his handsome side profile from her peripheral vision. She tried her best to calm her heart but to no avail.

 

Each time he moved closer to her - so s could sit together, her heart skipped a beat and when their arms touched, she was hyper aware of it.

 

She wondered if he thought she was weird because he looked at her when she suddenly laughed out loud launching herself forward. He also looked down when she and Joy were looking for a lost clip. At one time, their eyes finally met and she could feel her heart almost burst that she quickly looked away. Her worries were that he could hear her heart thumping loudly because of him.

 

She had to keep her cool the whole while and she praised herself for living through that moment.

 

She wondered if it was just a simple crush.

 

---

 

She thought it over for a long time, if she was ever getting over her crush on him. But she just found herself always anticipating their schedule overlaps and the events they would go together. She knew she wasn’t getting over that simple crush soon.

 

She just wanted something to change. For their thing to be more than just those stolen glances and eyes meeting but never talking.

 

She didn’t know her prayers would be answered right away.

 

“Unnie, your phone is ringing!”

 

“Hmn?” Seulgi slurped down her ramen before she glanced at Yeri who was at the PC playing a video game.

 

“It’s an unknown number, should I block it?” Yeri mumbled as she glanced at the phone that kept on ringing.

 

Seulgi got up from the table and walked over to get her phone. “No, I’ll take it.” She was determined never to deny any chance that it could be Jaebeom approaching her. Since she wasn’t doing anything to improve her situation. She could do that at least, she thought to herself.

 

She walked back to put her empty bowl in the sink as she stared at the number on her phone, without any thought she slid it over to answer. She placed her phone on her ear as she closed the door to her room.

 

There was a rustle on the other side before someone spoke, “Yeoboseyo?”

 

Seulgi almost coughed the water she was downing. That voice seemed oddly familiar. She was ready to declare that it must be her lucky day.

 

“Seulgi-ssi…?”

 

Her heart was thumping loudly again, it’s known that voice. She’d watch all of his performances and she’d never mistaken that voice for anyone else’s.

 

“Yes?”

 

“Sorry. This is JB, Jaebeom…”

 

Seulgi clutched her hand to her chest as she sat on her bed. There weren’t so many reasons another idol will call another idol, was there? Her alarms were going off again.

 

“Seulgi-ssi?”

 

“Yes, here! I’m here!” She answered almost immediately, afraid he’ll drop the call. “What is it…?”

 

“Uh yeah… thing is…”

 

“Yes…?”

 

“Hn, let’s see. Okay, I’ll just say it then.”

 

“Okay…”

 

“I know this is sudden and random, I just don’t know how to put it any other way. I’ve been meaning to ask you this ever since that time I sat beside you. Don't know if you remember that... So.. Yeah. Would you like to… hangout some time…”

 

“...” Seulgi processed what he was saying, starting from of course she remembered that day. It was engraved in her mind and heart. 

 

“Together with me—”

 

“Yes!”

 

“Yes?”

 

“Yes, I’d love to.”

 

She can hear an audible sigh on the other end. She hoped that was a sigh of relief.

 

“Okay?” She verified, her voice unsure.

 

“Oh, yeah. I just… didn’t think you’d say yes that quickly. N-not that I’m complaining..”

 

“Sorry! I didn't mean to startle you. I just really wanted… it. To hangout with you… too.” Seulgi bit her lip, wondering if she’d let out her feelings too much. She shook her head and decided to just go with what her heart wants. And that is him. All this time.

 

She heard him chuckle on the other end and she felt a warm fuzzy feeling. “Great. I’m glad, thank you for saying yes. You can tell me when you'll be free… I can make time for you when I can.”

 

Seulgi brought up a hand to cover to keep herself from squealing. She can’t believe her ears.

 

“I’m… really excited to see you again soon, Seulgi-ssi.”

 

“Uhm, me too.” She bit down the big smiling threatening to break out.

 

That night Seulgi kept on typing and erasing a message to him. She just wanted to text him with no particular topic in mind.

 

Her phone beeped notifying a message before she can even plan a text.

 

Hey.

 

Hi... 

 

Sorry, can I text you from time to time? I won't bother you, you don't have to reply when you're busy.

 

Just that she did want him to bother her. No, please do bother me!

 

Heh? 

 

I mean if you want to tell me something... Just say it. I want to hear it. 

 

Haha. You're really cute, Seulgi-ssi.

 

Seulgi felt her face blush at that, she sank into her comforter. Another message beeps before she can think of a reply.

 

Were you about to sleep?

 

Yeah. I've changed into my pajamas. You?

 

I'm also lying on my bed now. Should we sleep now?

 

“We?” Seulgi read the words to herself, stared at his message. She wanted to melt.

 

Okay. She sent him a string of goodnight stickers.

 

Goodnight, Seulgi.

 

Her heart almost dropped along with his honorifics before he even added, Sweet dreams.

 

Seulgi pinched herself to check if this was all real before she buried her face into her pillow, blushing.

 

She stared at her phone a good while before she murmured, "Goodnight, Jaebeom-ssi."

 

It was supposed to be just a simple crush.

 

---

 

Jaebeom locked his phone and unlocked it again. He’s been doing it for the past minutes ever since he’d bid her goodnight. Just to check their first exchange of messages.

 

He bit his lip to tone down his giddy grin. He heaved a sigh and stared at the ceiling.

 

He grabbed his pillow and buried his face into it, rolling from side to side on his bed.

 

“Yah, yah, yah. I think he succeeded! Pay up, everyone.” Jackson yelled. “Tsk. Me and Jinyoung had that good intuition this time. I told you guys, he’s serious.”

 

Jaebeom stopped rolling around his bed and glanced at s before throwing his pillow as they quickly closed the door. “Go to sleep!”

 

He can hear them snickering as they run to their rooms.”Congrats, leader! We’re so proud of you!!!”

 

Jaebeom went to the door to check if they’ve really gone to their own rooms. “I better not hear anyone still awake at this hour!”

 

Yugyeom poked his head unto one of the doors. “Why, cause you’ll be talking to Seulgi sis-in-law and we might listen???”

 

“No, she’s asleep already.”

 

“Oooooh.” They chorused.

 

"Everyone, just go to sleep."

 

"Yes, boss." 

 

"Fine. You're no fun, hyung!!" 

 

“JaeGi forever!!!” Someone shouted behind the closed door.

 

Jaebeom scoffed as he climbed back his own bed, “Jaegi, huh?”

 

He snickered to himself as he unlocked his phone again to check her goodnight stickers.

 

I just really wanted… it. To hangout with you… too. 

 

"Damn it." He thought. The effect she had on him was certainly on another level. 

 

“Kang Seulgi. It hasn't even started yet but I think you’ve already done something to me.”

 

It can’t be just a simple crush.

 


AN: Hi! This was originally supposed to be a oneshot but it was too long and I decided to put it up in 3 parts keke Anyhow, anybody a fan of JaeGi, GOTvelvet? Got some love for JB and Seulgi? Cuz that is one power couple, right there ya? Anyway follow me up on twitter @k0mely and please leave some comments suggestions or if you love it please do tell!