Weider

DBSK HoMin One-Shots

It's just a problem and one not easily dealt with on the daily basis — or on Yunho's daily basis. Apparently they are doing an advertisement and sponsor for Weider Athletics which is fine. Yunho's never minded being sporty and comes to find it refreshing to get in a good daily workout but not when the soul person — Aka your crush is right in front of you, clad in sweatpants and told to do some squats.

It's just a problem and one not easily dealt with. Period. Maybe Yunho's overthinking it- and he just came up late on the squats. Great. Way to not be obvious. Really he shouldn't let his internal turmoil ruin the atmosphere so to make up for it he gives the team members thumbs up and even smiles at the camera once hoping they didn't get him gawking at Changmin's behind.

He knows if the Maknae found out he'd get away with being smacked upside the head on a good day, recently though he's not sure that would even warrant a passing glance. They've been very distant ever since the whole 'bathroom incident' with Yunho not locking the door being the forgetful person he is and Changmin walking in on him completely stark . 

Ever since then things have shifted, or maybe it was already shifting? Maybe that was just the finale breaking point, perhaps the final push that inevitably sent them headlong over the cliff into a free-fall. 

Maybe their attraction became more noticeable because Yunho's not one to deny the fact he's always kind of had a soft spot for the younger. Always expecting great things from him, always pushing him with higher than high expectations because the day he told him that if he wasn't serious he should quit now was the day he realized Changmin had and has potential and all he needed was someone to challenge him, push him hard enough to set that fire and make him realize it, to want it, to desire it. 

Seeing how he did made Yunho realize that he actually admires the younger for his ambition and determination, but he can't say he's not only attracted to that. Changmin, in shorter terms, is gorgeous.

But is he so wrong in finding the other attractive? How could he not with him recently growing his hair out long and his legs have gained an inch in height and those sweatpants shouldn't emphasize how long said legs are but they do. Not to mention his waist- ugh!

They're told to do side stretches and Yunho hates himself for how his eyes seem so entranced by that tan skin hidden under that shirt he's wearing. Watching as it rides up, he finds that his brain—or rational part of his brain anyways—has momentarily gone off air and shut down. Eyes now hungry and taking in every inch that they can so he can put off confessing his feelings to the other for another day.

Then they pull out the rubber bouncy balls. One would think the universe is really being unfair to Yunho in this moment but after seeing the two run circles around each other it starts to become a little to tedious, even for the universe itself. They hand out the yoga balls and Changmin watches Junsu who climbs onto one and starts bouncing.

"Hey Changmin! Haha, you should try."

"I don't know, my image doesn't really fit being a fool like yours does."

Junsu growls playfully and sloshes a bit of water on Changmin who flinches and blocks the spray only to retaliate with a loud, "Yah!" And go after him with his own water bottle.

Yunho watches the two, wishing him and Changmin could be open with each other like that but whenever they see each other or are in a room alone it's just...awkward. It's like they can feel that the other is uncomfortable and in turn they become like that too; they don't know why the other is uncomfortable but it's just happens.

Not to mention how Yunho's eyes follow a lone bead of sweat or newly added water—pleasure of Junsu—on Changmin's neck as it slowly slinks down and over that hot skin and pools into his collarbones. Yunho takes a long drink from his bottle of lemonade and hates how it parches his mouth even more. 

Today's going to be a long day.

Beginning core training Yunho finds himself in a daze, mind not completely there until Jaejoong nudges him for his turn. Laughing shyly he puts his stuff down and takes a few deep breaths before doing a few good pushups using the ball and maintains ten minutes of core training. 

The only good part is he's not thinking about Changmin at the moment and only about stealing Jaejoong's ice water. Though with Jaejoong he doesn't have to steal he'll just ask, get scolded and then get offered to mix their drinks since it adds flavor to Jaejoong's and takes out the tart of the lemonade. 

Finally they conclude their training with Weider Athletics with a final bow and group introduction. They say positive and scripted lines about Weider before giving a final bow and breaking off for fifteen minutes to themselves as the PD talks to the advertising committee.

Yunho takes a seat on a nearby bench and pats his face down only to keep his face covered in the towel. A few minutes pass and he feels a hand on his shoulder, turning around he sees Jaejoong who gives him an empathetic look and takes a seat beside him.

"Everything okay?" He asks taking a drink from his water bottle.

"I don't know Jae, recently I've been thinking about a lot of things, mostly-"

"Changmin?" He says and Yunho quickly looks around to make sure no one heard his slip otherwise he'd be screwed. 

Looking back with a fierce gaze he inquires, "Who told you? Am I that obvious?"

"Kind of but it's only obvious to those who know you. The viewers probably think it's your leader side coming out."

"What should I do?" Yunho groans before looking over at the youngest, him and Junsu doing some handshake before Changmin playfully smacks him across the face causing the other to retaliate. Yoochun is minding his own business by laying on the mats with his head covered by his towel.

"I suggest you it up and tell him." Jaejoong states like the answer is obvious. 

Yunho looks over at him and frowns, "You know what'll happen if I tell him? The whole dynamic of the group will be thrown off because of it and as a leader I need to do what's best for the team."

"It's not like it's not already thrown off from how you two are so awkward around each other. Telling him would be what's best for the team." The other counters, "Unless you want to lose him and hate the fact you never even tried."

With that Jaejoong pats him on the back with a soft whisper of Best of luck to you and stands up to go bother Yoochun, leaving Yunho to inevitably drown in his own inner turmoil. He wishes he could be braver, maybe find a way to convey his feelings for the other that's snuck into his chest and stolen his heart.

He loves Changmin, gender doesn't matter because he fell in love with the shy, intelligent and quick-witted teen with a persona of snarky pessimism and perfectionistic tendencies. He's always been in love with him and that much is certain, but what isn't is if him and Changmin are meant to be. Will they even have a chance to be together before they're inevitably pulled apart? How many more times will they have to tip-toe around each other until the other gets tired of it and drifts away, and why does that person seem like Changmin more than himself?

Maybe because he's not willing to lose Changmin but the same can't be said for the other. 

Getting some courage up he stands and decides that sitting there doing nothing is solving nothing, so with new found inner passion he walks over to Changmin not believing that his feet are actually moving as he goes. Soon he finds himself stopped in front of Junsu and Changmin, Junsu takes a look at him and his face goes slightly pale at Yunho's expression.

"Hey Changmin," he says tapping the others shoulder, "I think leader-shii wants you." 

Junsu never calls Yunho leader-shii unless it's serious, even then those times are rare. 

Changmin turns around quickly and seeing Changmin look at him Yunho's mouth decides to move on its own, words feeling foreign when he says, "Max, I need to talk to you."

Changmin gulps and slowly stands up, "Yes hyung?" This is the first time they've actually looked at each other head on without awkwardly glancing away or avoiding the other.

"Alone." Yunho then turns and tries to ignore the sweat rolling down his back, neck and the moisture building in his palms. Step after step as they walk towards the door to the hallway seems to drag on endlessly, legs feeling weighted, heart escalating with each foot going in front of the other. He's really about to do this, he's seriously about to confess his feelings to his Maknae. The idea is down right terrifying because there's so many ways this could go, and ninety percent of the scenarios Yunho is currently thinking up are all ending in failure, awkwardness, disgust, hate and worst of all rejection.

As they make their way out into the hall Yunho can practically feel the apprehension in the air when he stops and turns around to face Changmin. The other is playing his innocent facade as he asks, "What is it hyung?" Eyebrows raising and head cocking slightly to the side knowing how Yunho finds that mannerism cute despite his fingers digging into his palms from nervousness.

Yunho takes a deep breath knowing he has to do this eventually, the is killing him, not to mention the weight of the secret he harbors on his shoulders every waking and sleeping moment he can't have his Changmin with him is exhausting. "Hyung?" The other asks, hand coming up to scratch at his forearm, another nervous tick.

"Changmin I need to tell you something important." He states seriously, eyes burning with seriousness as he rakes a hand through his hair.

Changmin gives a halfhearted scoff, "I hope so. I hope you didn't drag me out in the hallway to tell me you stole another pair of my socks." He redirects as he crosses his arms, that being his attempt to quell the nerve wracking atmosphere. Honestly he's surprised he's even talking to Yunho after a month of them just not really acknowledging the other or having very stilted conversation.

Yunho scratches the side of his neck and sighs, "No that's not it." Shoulders tensing as he straights his back, "It's- it's about us, Changmin."

"Oh..." The other murmurs as he looks down at the ground, body closing off as he nervously picks at his pants, "What- what is it?" Question coming out mumbled, "About us, I mean."

"I-" God how does one do this? This was so much easier back in middle school. "I- er well, I guess what I need to say is that we've got to stop this." 

No turning back now.

"Stop what? What are you talking about?" Changmin questions now wondering what his ever charismatic and fearless leader is going on about.

"This--I don't know--tip-toeing around each other. The only way this will ever end is if one of us does something about it," He says more confidently but not feeling a of that confidence in him. "I-I, um, I like you Changmin. A lot." A look of mild astonishment crosses the others features as Yunho continues, "You can hate me after this, you can ignore me, shun me and never speak to me again and that's fine. I just wanted you to know that- that I- that I love you, Changmin-ah, probably more than I should and- well, I- well I guess I felt I should just tell you now rather than later when I no longer have the courage."

Yunho sighs and leans back against the stretching bar on the wall, hands gripping to it like a lifeline, head hanging low and expecting some kind of retaliation or even for the younger to walk away and never speak to him again. At this point he wouldn't blame him, Changmin always goes on about not liking men and for Yunho to say this now feels like he's digging an even bigger grave for himself. Did he have to be so selfish as to hope for something more? Why sacrifice what he has with him and the Maknae, it's to late now though because it's out there and here he stands waiting to reap the consequences.

Out of all the things he suspected, a warm hand to envelop the top of his wasn't one of them. Looking up, he sees Changmin looking at their hands only for those big beautiful eyes to meet his head on, Yunho's breath hitching at the sudden action, "I hate to admit it but you're right hyung, we should stop this." Changmin mumbles lowly, "Because it's honestly getting on my nerves more than anything. But it's okay," he breathes as he brushes his thumb over Yunho's knuckles, "Because I like you too. A lot."

"Really Changmin-Ah? You really do?"

"Yes stupid, I do. You're ridiculous sometimes and messy, overwhelming, corny and you're loud,"

"Is there a 'but' in there somewhere?"

"Be quiet, I'm getting there." He demands with a stern look, "But, I guess that's just your charm and perhaps the reason why I've always kind of liked you in the first place."

"That's the nicest thing you've said to me since we've met."

"Don't get used to it, you're still an idiot."

"So what's the difference?"

"You're my idiot."

Yunho smiles beautifully and Changmin bites his lip trying to keep his smile down, or even hide the fact Yunho can coax one out of him so easily despite his round cheeks and uneven eyes giving away his smile. Offering up his pinky Yunho looks at Changmin and asks, "Pinkie promise?"

"So childish hyung, who even pinkie promises anymore?" Changmin huffs but offers his up anyways. 

"We do." Yunho says pressing their thumbs together, pinkies intertwined. "Promise."

"Fine, promise."

Yunho then pulls him him closer and whispers, "Seal it with a kiss." Taking the initiative he presses his lips to the others, hearing the gasps from the younger as he kisses more urgently. Changmin's eyes are the size of saucers as it happens but he soon lets his body relax at the lovely feeling of Yunho's warm plush lips on his. 

Stepping closer, he pushes up against his leader, hand grappling onto Yunho's shirt as Yunho wraps his arm around the younger's waist and hauls him impossibly closer. They open up and let their kiss continue, lips grazing lips with no tongue needed. Their pinkies intertwined and thumbs gently the others hand, not caring if they're caught in the act because finally they can stop being so awkward around each other and enjoy the other as something more. 

Jaejoong walks towards the door and peeks out only to see both his Maknae and leader making out in the hallway, blush bright on their cheeks and both happily absorbed in the others presence. Jaejoong grins and leans against the doorframe, glad that those two are finally happy. Yoochun peeks his head out and looks at the two before groaning and stepping back in, "You could've told me they were being inappropriate."

"Who's being what?" Junsu asks only to cringe when he peeks around the doorframe and sees Changmin and Yunho happily engrossed in the other. "That's scarring!" He cries as Yoochun covers his eyes with his hands before pulling him away from the hall.

"Shut up, they're happy." Jaejoong retorts, "Do you even know how long they've been after each other?"

"Long enough." Yoochun suffices and goes back into the weight room, "I think I'm going to use my five minutes for a nap."

Junsu sighs, "I think that sounds like a good idea."

Jaejoong smirks and answers with, "Go ahead, my work here is done."