prologue

My Serendipity

it's almost 6pm. a black prestigious car driving into the hotel front entrance area. as soon as the car stops moving, a man left the car followed by a woman and a young lady. when they exited from the car, a few hotel employees immediately approach them to greet them with honours. well, it must be an honour for them when one of the wealthiest family in korea has chosen to eat dinner at their restaurant. this is a big opportunity for the hotel's owner to entablish a good business relationship with the family. "welcome to Sky Blue Hotel."one of the employee is the representative from the owner as he couldn't greet them personally. the family simply smiles. "thank you for the greeting. we hope that we can have a wonderful dinner tonight."the man said to them. actually the man's words has double meaning. first, he hopes that the dinner will be going on smoothly just like what they are planned. secondly, he sincerely hopes that they can eat dinner with peacefully. as soon as the employees heard his words, they immediately assures them that everything will be perfectly fine. "should we go inside?"the representative said as he starts walking and lead the way for them. while they are walking heading to the private dining area, the young lady secretly whispered to her mom. "is it necessary for me to join the dinner?"she asked. it's weird because normally they won't bring her to join their business matters. thus when they told her that she must go with them, how she not be curious? her mom glared at her in return. "don't you dare to give us ashamed."her mom warned her. she lets out a long sigh. she is supposed to go out and having fun at the club with her friends. shh! it's a secret. her parents didn't know that she went to there.

what to do? it seems like she needs to cancel the plan to go tonight. might go there on the other day. when they arrive at a room with ' 1230 ' unit number written on the door, they immediately open the door to let them enter the room. as soon as they enter the room, the man and woman feel quite relieved and excited to see their friends already here. "mrs park! long time no see!"the woman said cheerfully and immediately walk towards the woman to give her a warm hug. as well as the men, they immediately approaches each other and greetings hands. meanwhile, the young woman is leave alone as she just standing there awkwardly not knowing what to do. on the other side of the room, there is also a young man sitting quietly on his place while ignoring everyone else. it seems like he was also forced to come here. after a few minutes, the adults remember the real objective of them dining together tonight. "oh! i'm sorry, so excited to meet my friend that i forget about my own daughter."the woman said as she pulls her daughter closer to her. "this is our daughter, kang seulgi. seulgi, this is mrs park."seulgi just smile when her mom introduced her to her friend. ' mrs park ' staring at her from head to toe as if she is judging her before she suddenly said. "oh my! you are very beautiful! nice to meet you~"mrs park said cheerfully as she pulls her into a warm hug which is making seulgi dumbfounded for a few seconds. after letting her go, she quickly go towards the young man and pulls him. there is no way she will not introduce her son to them. "this is my son, park jimin. jimin, this is my best friend that i told you before."mrs park explained. jimin being a good son, he bow his head a little to them. although he is not sincerely.

"it seems like we already met each other. let's eat dinner, should we?"mr park said before they gathered around the dining table. seulgi sits besides her mom but facing to jimin. well, it can says that the dinner is very quiet and boring to the both of them. the adults are talking to each other without pay attention to both of them. tonight's main course for the dinner is as usual, the very cliché one. steak. seulgi is not a fan of steak, thus she didn't eat many. there is a huge leftover in her plate since she eat it little by little. while jimin, he is very bored and wish that this dinner could end fast than expected thus he always take a huge bite of the steak just so it could be finished quickly. "seulgi, does it delicious?"mrs park suddenly asked her a question. at first she didn't listened since she barely pay attention to the adults talking. "seulgi?"mrs park repeated when it seems like she is not hearing her question. mrs kang smiles to them as she nudge her daughter's elbow which immediately make her realise that everyone is looking at her. "i'm sorry?"she said with guilty as she didn't listened to what mrs park asked her. "the steak, does it delicious?"mrs park said nicely although she needs to repeat her question. seulgi glance at her plate before she shows her fake smile, "it is very delicious. i love it."she replied. right afterwards, the adults continue to talking again. she sighs and accidentally do an eye contact with jimin. jimin smirked at her before he continues to finish the remaining steak leftover. she didn't think anything about it as she continues to play with her food while paying attention to the adults as well.

after they finished their dinner, it seems like this is the suitable time for the adults to tell their real intention to their children. "it must be wonderful if we can continue meeting each other like this."mrs kang said and acting as if she is sad that they need to be separate after the dinner ended. jimin and seulgi shows no reaction since they barely know each other and were forced to come here. "i think we can. right, darling?"mrs park said and smiling at her husband. mr park smiles and shaking his head because of his wife that is too excited and couldn't hide it anymore. mr park looks at mr kang, as if he is asking him if he can tell them about it now. "actually, the real intention of us gathering at here is because we wants to arranges marriage for jimin and seulgi."right after he mentioned about it, both jimin and seulgi widen their eyes and looking at their parents with confused and surprised too. "what?"seulgi said unbelievable with what she is hearing just now. "you must be kidding me."jimin also said. "we already give it a thought that you are still a student. it's very important for both of you to finished your college thus we decided to let you guys engaged first. we can proceed to the wedding after you guys finished the college."mr kang explained to them. seulgi couldn't accepted what she heard just now. thus she stands up and everyone is looking at her confused. "i...i...i want to...go to the restroom."she told them and immediately left the room. she feels suffocating inside the room. while she is walking and searching for the restroom, she feels hard to breathing. why? why this is happening all of sudden? out of sudden, she feels like being pulled by someone before she were slammed against the cold wall. to her surprised that it is jimin. he is looking at her with an angry pairs of eyes. "do you know about it?"he asked in a lower voice just for both of them to heard. she clear , she feels nervous to facing with jimin in this situation.

she pushes him to keep a distance in between them. "i don't. i also confused and surprised just like you."she told him. but of course he won't believe into her. he thought that she lied. he smirked and running his fingers through his hair before suddenly he pushes her against the wall again. this time it's a little bit strong than earlier which causes her to winced in pain. "i don't believe in you."he said. she glared at him unbelievable. she tried to escape from his grips but failed. at the end, she slapped him. "look, i don't care if you believe me or not. it's not my problem."she said and immediately escape from his grips. she don't want to go to the restroom anymore as she walks faster towards their room. as soon as she gets into the room, everyone is looking at her. "what?"she said when she is sitting on her seat. "are you alright? does something happens between you and jimin, just now?"mrs kang asked her. she can't tell the truth to them, "i-"before she could finish talking, suddenly someone else interrupted them. "we agreed."seulgi's eyes widen when she heard jimin said so. ' since when i said i agreed? ' she thought. the adults already feel happy when they heard it that they immediately forgot about her. she glared at jimin when he walked towards his seat. while jimin just smirking at her. ' that's what you get for slapping me. '