What Are You Looking For?

The Devil and His Angel

Kim Hyeri strode down the pristine hallways eagerly, coming to a stop at a door to her left. She had dressed herself carefully for this very occasion. In a smart, white chiffon blouse that displayed her tiny waist and a tight pencil skirt with black stilettos. Had her legs not been as slender as they were she would have never been able to walk properly, well as properly as one could with their legs squeezed together.

   She searched for her phone before opening the camera app to look at herself one last time before entering. Of course she had noticed the eyes that lingered on her as she entered the establishment but it would take a lot more if she wanted to impress him.

   And of course she knew the effect she had on men, the envy that possessed women because of her, the mere influence she had on an entire nation if she decided that neon orange and spew green were in season. Who was Kim Hyeri? The nation’s sweetheart. From beloved child actor and daughter of prime minister Kim Sangjoon to gorgeous supermodel adored by everyone. Hyeri squinted at her reflection, trying to find one miniscule detail out of place before she saw the time. No she could not afford to be late. She hid her smirk behind a practiced smile meant to elicit kindness, friendliness and politeness. All things she never possessed.

   The model slid the door open and met with a strong, sturdy back sat straight dressed in a spotless black suit jacket. The air became colder as she approached, the figure not making any move to suggest he was aware of acknowledging her presence. Hyeri elegantly made her way to the seat sat opposite from him and gulped.

   No amount of preparation could have readied her to face the man who looked boredly at her. He was a god walking among men, he radiated power. Oh Sehun arguably the most dangerous and undoubtedly the most breathtaking man in the word. Whilst Hyeri embodied the sweet yet almost provocative image women wished to attain, Sehun was the darkness in the shadows that intrigued you. The boy your parents, under normal and loving circumstances, warned you to stay away from. He was so deliciously tempting, assertive and dangerous, the man was an aphrodisiac in itself. Everything about him was utterly perfect.

   His ebony hair fell in a way that seemed careless and somewhat messy in it’s comma style however just his mere aura could indicate that he was a perfectionist and every hair was placed with thought. Sharp, angular, thick eyebrows shaped to refinement followed by his pitch black eyes. They were filled with utter nothingness and darkness, they were empty orbs fit only to see the cruel truth of the world and they rested on Kim Hyeri’s face boredly with his long eyelashes on display bringing a slight blush to her face. His high nose bridge and chiselled aristocratic nose stood prominently before his uncharacteristically pink full lips, the devil’s temptation. Lips that could demand anything and like a fool any man or woman would obey whether in fear or genuine awe. Sehun was quite well known for his sharp jawline that framed his face handsomely and the broad shoulders that only contributed to his intimidating ambience not to mention his towering height.

   The model shook herself before realising just who she was before opening praying she didn’t stutter.

   Sehun stared deep into her eyes. What could he be looking for? He had no clue himself. That spark talked about in sappy romantic movies? The thought made him scoff. Such a thing did not exist and even if it did it would surely fade over time just like the supposed blissful love between his parents if that wasn’t just a figment of his mother’s imagination. No. Maybe just something to welcome him home or keep him afloat in this inescapable world he was drowning in ever since he was brought into it.

   ‘So I heard you’re looking for a wife.’ She was quite impressed with her faux confident tone hoping it would help clear the awfully thick veil of awkwardness however it only caused the man the unbearably painful urge to roll his eyes. When he said nothing Hyeri continued.

    ‘I’m sure you’re aware of who my father is’, Sehun wanted to scoff. The man was a rat in human form, a politician.’I just thought you should know because of my prominent background I have had the privilege to learn and familiarise myself with businesses like your own. Not to mention my flawless looks I am sure I would give you an exceptional heir. We could rule the world together with my influence.’ So much for modesty, Sehun could have snorted. 

   He couldn’t lie, Kim Hyeri was every bit of the goddess the country perceived her as according to the majority’s beauty standards but to be honest he was sick of seeing the same long thin legs and button nose. Being around the most elite of models did not phase him anymore and as he stared into this woman’s eyes he found absolutely nothing but lies and secrets, concealed truths. Just five seconds of listening to her entitling and arrogant behaviour made his nose wrinkle. What did he expect? There were only revolting monsters hiding behind masks in this world. His world.

   Sehun’s phone vibrated, pulling him out of his depressing thoughts. He brushed aside his coat to reach into his pocket and grab his phone but he didn’t fail to miss the wince and fear flash across Hyeri’s face just from the mere sight of his gun, so much for prepared. After quickly skimming through the message he stood up and left the restaurant before Kim Hyeri could even say ‘I do’.  

 

 

-

 

‘What’s with the long face?’ Byun Baekhyun asked sipping his drink lightly. Sehun scowled and the latter held back his smirk, it must be bad. 

 

‘What are you talking about? That’s his regular face.’ Kim Jongdae dismissed.

’No. Nope. There’s a difference. You look,’ Baekhyun paused, narrowing his eyes to read his friend better.’Tired.’ The man at the end of the bar drowning in his glass of cognac clicked his tongue.

‘I know what it is,’ Kim Minseok paused both for dramatic effect and the slight intoxication dawning on him.’Marriage.’They all collectively winced, their alcohol suddenly tasting a bit too sour.

 

‘You still haven’t found yourself a bride? Jeez man drink up, I’m sure you’ll find someone soon enough with the flock of girls that throw themselves at you left and right.’ Jongdae offered kindly as Sehun wallowed over his glass.

 

‘Come on can’t be that bad! You don’t have to love her, just get a girl who won’t get in the way.’ Advised Baekhyun but Sehun merely grunted in disbelief.

 

‘You know it’s a lot harder that you think. I’ve met with countless women and most of them get scared before I open my mouth and God forbid they catch a glimpse of my gun. The others are either spoiled brats and complete airheads asking about my money or trying to jump my bones.’ As Baekhyun raised his eyebrow suggestively at the mention of girls throwing themselves at him Sehun rolled his eyes.’I can’t possibly bring a home like that to my mother let alone be associated with her.’ The latter merely shrugged.

 

‘Just draw their names out of a hat.’ Minseok chuckled, a mixture of jetlag and alcohol were taking a toll on him.

 

‘Hyung I have to spend the rest of my life with this girl I would want her to be somewhat tolerable.’

 

‘And have good conversations with you we all know how exceptionally talkative you are Sehunnie.’ The younger punched Baekhyun in the arm shutting him up for now.

 

   Even after knowing Sehun for almost 20 years he didn’t give too much about himself away. He wasn’t a very vocal man prompted by his upbringing however he had a very big heart. It was all a matter of getting past the beyond military security protocols that guarded it but once you were in you could always look to Sehun for loyalty, trust, friendship. So a big part of all of them hoped that the woman he would marry would treat him well and maybe just maybe get past those walls, nobody wants to be truly alone. Baekhyun could only pray if she did she would do no wrong by him a broken Sehun was something the world would dread to see, how much further must he be tainted?

 

'Maybe you need to start looking outside of Korea. Chen, Baekhyun and I are heading back to Japan in two days. We could find someone we think you would like. Or even better, get the others to interview girls in their countries and choose girls they think would suit you best.’ Minseok suggested swaying side to side. It was nice to know he wasn’t completely drunk and unable to come up with intelligent ideas.

 

‘That’s not a bad idea.’ Sehun answered. Minseok’s face scrunched up however it resembled more of a baby about to throw a tantrum than a fully grown man in anger let alone a major crime boss.

 

‘Yah! What do you mean “that’s not a bad idea”?!’ The eldest yelled stopping to mock the younger’s deep voice before continuing in a grumble.’ Just because you’re technically my boss doesn’t mean you can talk to your elders like that.’ He sulked.


 

‘Yes hyung.’ Sehun replied half-heartedly, rolling his eyes.

 

Here they could go back to being old friend’s and forget the weight of the world on their shoulders for just a split second and as the night progressed Sehun felt more confident about his search although that could have been the whiskey.

=====================================================================================

So let me know what you guys think? It's my first time writing and although I'm hella lazy and studying a lot I have pre-written a large portion of the story already and have prompts ready so there will be no writer's block anytime. But I am open to any suggestions and constructive criticism. I have two other stories but I'm going to try and write a more decent amount so I eventually finish them. And because it's my first story and I haven't exactly worked everything out I'm not gonna make the foreword look fancy and stuff and I don't know how to make covers so bear with me please. Enjoy your day and please be patient if I don't update as much as I know I should.
 

edit: completely forgot to add this part sorry but as an apology I will finally upload the next FULL chapter later today