大好 きだ (love you)

Companion

Nako was here because of a call of voluntary work. 
She likes helping others, and petting animals are fun, not to mention she likes doing meaningful things too; so throughout the whole time it was very enjoyable for Nako.

 

 

Nako has her eyes always wandering for a certain person, though.
The chestnut hair that casually cascaded on her shoulders, the white padding that engulfed her body curves, the paper mask that covered half of her face; hearing her laughters rang in the animal care centre has been a blessing.

Nako turned her head and saw that certain person was at the opposite cubicle - Nako bit her lips in secret - not like anyone could see it through her mask though - what a pity that the flosted glass has blocked her from seeing clearly.

They were wiping the glass wall of cubicle to ensure puppies lived there could enjoy as much as possible. That person purposely wiped the glass following where Chaeyeon's hands went, and the two broke into laughters again, simply because of this silly game.

Nako sometimes wonder if the two were really older and more mature than her. Obviously she would not laugh over these kinds of childish things, she thought.

 

 

The white fluffy ball muffling in her palms slightly wiggled. Nako could felt its body movements even she has been wearing gloves.
She sniffed quietly;
the smell of puppies' fur, that cleaning detergent was slightly irritating, and some kinds of calming fragrance she is very familiar with.

The fragrance came from the one sitting across from her.
Nako set her palms flat and placed them near the dark nose of the puppy - quite a contrast from its snowy white fur.
The pup apparently relaxed and lied itself on the floor. It started to nibble on the food above Nako's palms and made her felt ticklish.


Though they were all wearing masks, she could sense the one sitting across from her smiled while combing the little animal's soft fur in a comforting pattern.
They fell into a relaxing silence; the only sound they could hear is the periodical growl from the air conditioner of the room.

 

Nako likes this.
Nako likes animals.
Nako likes doing meaningful tasks.
Nako likes doing voluntary works.
Nako likes being with her leader. Nako likes - loves her leader.

 

She thought she was being subtle, but how Minju and Chaeyeon would often hide their giggles when standing behind the two made Nako reconsider her assumption.
She has not been always initiating hugs and shoulder grabs with their leader like the two maknaes did? She has not even complimented the leader from time to time like Sakura and Hitomi?
However the others seem to sense what was hiding beneath - all except one.

 

"Nako"
Nako's heart held, so as her breath, simply because of her name being called. 

They were not lying when they said the leader sounds cute saying japanese.
It did not only limit to sentences and daily conversations, her saying 'Nako' has been spremely adorable.
How the words entwirled with her tongue, how the words sounds slightly slurred - Nako was not sure if it was because of the exhaustion accumulated during the whole preparation for Japan debut or just simply a habit of the leader, how the voice sounded a bit more husky than usual - she heard Chaewon unnie complaining how the leader has been coughing all night but refused to make an appointment with the doctor - she sounded sick. 

 

"Unnie"
Nako was awared of the fact that the leader was a bit off. 
Back on the roof, the sunshine has been warming everyone up, including the puppies. The more active one like Yujin(!) and their puppies had been running around in the small areas, when some more quiet and calm ones were resting on the same spot.
Their leader was usually the playful and active type? Seeing her settled at the spot right besides her assigned puppy was quite a cute sight, Nako thought, but odd.

 


Also not to mention when others were playing with the puppies in the room, Nako has taken notice of a half lying figure leaning on the wall of washing room. Her legs casually straightened and hands placed everywhere and nowhere.


She is currently not the leader of izone, she is the one in sickness and exhaustion, with the heart wanting to play and enjoy, so as to lead but her energy and stamina could not support her will.
Nako has been taming her puppy at the other corner of the room, the whole area was noisy and contains of a mess of barks. But she felt like she could hear the gentle sigh from the leader - the one she always held when feeling disappointed of herself. 

Nako could literally felt her heart tighten with the unheard sigh that was too light to be sent by the air in the room that filled with scent of cleaning detengent. This unnie is always like this; being regretful and disappointed for something there id no way to help...
She hate to be weak, but she refuse others to help at the same time.

 

'Unnie, Eunbi unnie'

Nako knew her voice has always been described as sweet and lovely, but for just this once she wished she could sound more serious and authoritative.
The mentioned person did not look at her, just nodded her head in silence to let Nako continue.

Usually she would look at me endearingly...
Frowned upon the change of attitude, Nako decided to press down her dissatisfaction.

 

'Would you like to, maybe,... have a check if you are feeling unwell?'

'Nako, I am fine, it is just -'

'Unnie, we all understand it is more than just a simple not-enough-sleep, so please. It would be good if we got some professional helps to figure out what happened. We are all very worried, Eunbi unnie. I am very worried of you'

 

Predicted how the elder would rebut, Nako tried to convince her before the leader would use her usual excuse.


I am very worried of you, Eunbi unnie.
Nako did not know why she would add the last line, but somehow she felt like, maybe, just maybe, the line stating
I, Nako, I am very worried for you, Eunbi unnie, Kwon Eunbi, could have a greater influence in affecting the leader's decision?
Or it is just what she hoped.

 

Silence.

 

Nako observed how the elder blinked slowly with her long eyelashes fiddling.

Nako likes observing the side profile of the leader; by always staying at the right side of her, she enjoyed the privilege to appreciate her beauty in the highest proximity possible - aka the leader's favorite selca angle - Nako thought the elder is stunning in every angle, every side and every moment though.

She would always nervously checked her ment when they were preparing a video for wizone, often tilted her upper body slightly more to the front as to give the best reactions for members, she frowned her brows cutely after making certain mistakes, the leader is just too enjoyable to observe. 

Observing and listening is a habit of Nako,
and she thanked the leader for making it even more pleasing to be done.

 

 

"I... I guess I am just afraid of what is waiting for me.
Hate the feeling of being not able to control my faith. Say, Nako, would you want to go with me? As companion?"

 

Not sure if it was because Nako has been deep in her inner thought or the silence has really been long, the tiny girl has almost forgotten where has their conversation stopped at.
She saw how the leader watched her in nervosity, her eyes almost pleading for some comfort - Nako was not used to looking at her favorite unnie with such an angle - and she smiled warmly, cute dimples shown.

 

 

'Of-of course, whenever, wherever you want.'

------


We love you Eunbi. Rest well, and take care :)
Forever the best leader for IZ*ONE, the dependable and admirable big sister for the kids.