[FINAL]

Doctor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

——————————————

 

Love centre is a place for heartbroken patients. They are handled with care as their broken hearts get replaced. It cost a fortune to save your life after rejection. Rejection itself causes death, and Kim Dahyun nearly experienced such fate. 

 

As she suffers in bed, grasping the bed sheet, apparent sweat sprints freely on the drenched pillow; her fast-beating heart feels like it's decomposing inside. Her anxious mother arrives just in time. She immediately dialled the love centre hospital enable for the paramedic team to speed the engine of their vehicle and rush her straight to the emergency room. The Kim family anxiously waits outside for the operation to commence. They mentally pray for her successful surgery.

 

Dahyun is fully conscious — screaming in pain most of the time. Her blurry vision catches one of the surgeon's eyes. It's warm and brown, almost like her favourite coffee to consume in the mornings. Her ringing eardrums tries to keep up with the conversation in the background. 

 

One of the assistants exclaimed, "We need a heart!" panic interpreted based on her shaky voice.

 

Dahyun's decaying heart skips a beat, "Miss Kim, we will now put you to sleep." The surgeon's dreamy voice lured her into dreamland without injecting her yet. Once everything's clear, the surgeon spoke once again, "Let us begin!"

 

The whole operation turned out smoothly. Everyone contributed well in the group to keep the patient alive. Her new heart allowed her a second chance to live.

 

Dahyun whimpers by trying to lift half of her body as the sting in her chest area spread due to her little movements. 

 

Recognisable voice automatically slowed Dahyun down while moving in the uncomfortable bed: "Dahyun-ssi, stay! Your stitches will break open." She stopped her actions. A relief chuckle escaped the doctor's lips, "After a few hours from the operation, it appears sleeping drugs does not affect you that much. Interesting although you must recover."

 

Finally, face-to-face, she gets to see her. She's stunning; being a doctor suits her image. Her pointy nose scrunches adorably observing her patient watch her in awe. 

 

Noticing something, "Dahyun-ssi, aren't you staring too much?" giggles the doctor, nervous smile replies her. 

 

This not-so-foreign sensation is freaking her out mentally. Falling in love with that surgeon that fast? She feels hopeless. Her parents came in the room, worried faces aching Dahyun's heart. 

 

It's her fault. 

 

"You can't control who you fall in love. The universe gave us a curse called rejection. No one is at fault here, my daughter. It's the world that is being unfair." her mother's simplistic speeches brought tears in her eyes.  

 

She thought they'd be furious, but they were not. They were supportive in every way. Her parents love her in every way.

 

Slowly recovering for a week, Dahyun is permitted to wander. Her tour to the hospital leads her to the cafeteria. She spotted her saviour, eating a bag of peanut butter and jelly sandwich with a side of chopped apples. 

 

"Hello, Dr Minatozaki!" toothy grin on display, Sana copies her gesture, beckoning her to sit opposite the table.

 

"Hungry?" she shook her head politely. 

 

"I've eaten already." fingers tugging the fabric of her hospital gown. "I wandered around to energise myself — not in the mood to stay in bed, you see." the doctor nods in understanding. 

 

Smiling brightly at the good news, Dr Minatozaki cheers, "That's off to a great start. I'm glad you're recovering faster than I imagine it to be."

 

Knowing the mood is getting awkward, Dahyun excuses herself for some fresh air. All she knows is Dr Minatozaki turns out to be prettier every time they meet. 

 

During the night, Dahyun fell off the bed, which caused the wound to open up. Fortunately, her saviour was on her night shift. She came in a hurry to help the patient.

 

While Sana sits on the bed, checking on the slight open wound, the posture of Dahyun stiffens more than ever before. "Uh, doctor? It's stinging, and it hurts." even her pale skin keeps turning red in each skin contact.

 

Sana moves her head to meet her eye level, their proximity close, "Relax, you're perfectly fine. Your heart is healthy and beating way too fast. You are too obvious, Dahyun-ssi."

 

She knew her initiatives were str

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter