burn

breathless

 

seungwan is hot. like 9/10 times sooyoung is around. sooyoung has to approach seungwan like a mysterious pot on the stove. will it burn? can i even touch it? is it a comfortable warmth? or is there no temperature difference, has seungwan been simmering down?

 

everytime sooyoung asks, seungwan hops away with a little giggle and a quaint "not telling you." 

her hands are the only part of her that don't reach human-sizzler temperatures. it's been a real struggle for sooyoung. the burning temperatures only started that one day they took a walk. part of her used to think seungwan could control it, that she's using it to tease somehow. it worked. sooyoung wants to hug her, amongst some other physically intimate things, and she barely ever has the chance. 

 

"would you like to visit my home planet with me? maybe meet my family? i need to buy some items." sooyoung jumps. seungwan has gotten braver. surely, she knows what this means. 

 

“isn’t it too soon? we’ve only been seeing each other for a few months. i haven’t even gotten to cuddle with you.” going on a tirade, sooyoung spills out all her worries and a warm hand meets her face.

“that is why we are going. i have to get suppressors for my body temperature.” seungwan answers. she has a bag packed. it seems small, but sooyoung supposes most of her closet is probably at her room back home. they’re going to seungwan’s old home. that made even sooyoung feel a little warm.

 

“those exist?” sooyoung prods around. seungwan’s half of their apartment was always a bit more organized. not quite cleaner. easier to navigate. her room was decorated to resemble her room back home, but she often slept by sooyoung’s side. a pillow between them and a special sleeping bag on the bed to ensure sooyoung isn’t burnt. 

 

she doesn’t mind. she did at first. all she used to do was complain and and moan. then she realized seungwan wants her too. all of her. that look in her eyes everytime sooyoung bounced back because her skin began to burn up said it all. her eyes would shake and her lips would tremble. she wanted sooyoung close so badly. she’d apologize profusely, holding sooyoung’s hands in hers because it’s the only contact they could have. she wasn’t using it to tease. 

 

“yes. there are different types. i believe one will make me,” their eyes meet and seungwan instantly flushes as she looks back at her stuff, “nevermind.” 

 

how cute. what is there to get shy about? they trust each other. whole heartedly. sooyoung begins to loosely braid seungwan’s hair. 

 

“make you what?” heat radiates off of seungwan’s back and neck. sooyoung always wondered if seungwan was hot when she wasn’t around. was sooyoung the cause of that change? the heat? that’d be adorable. it’d make not being able to hug her more bearable. 

 

“i won’t have any,” seungwan visibly seems to be looking for the right word to say. she sits and places one last outfit into her luggage. “drive.”

 

“drive…?” sooyoung’s eyes widen and she stops touching seungwan’s hair. “oh.” 

 

seungwan nods while sooyoung sits next to her. there’s palpable tension between them. sooyoung isn’t really sure how to dissolve it, but she wants to smile. this side of seungwan was rarely seen. the shy part. she was usually bold with her flirtatious and corny gestures. this was fun.

 

“anyway, i can get a different one. one that just deals with the temperature, nothing else. that was my plan.” she stands up and smiles at sooyoung, brushing her hands on her pants and walking away. sooyoung follows through the kitchen, and to her room. 

 

she’s packing. their short little trip is soon. she can probably visit seungwan’s family, right? nothing bad will happen. 

 

sooyoung tries not to think about it, but the fear sits in the back of her mind that maybe seungwan’s family will hate her. they exchange messages often. obviously, sooyoung never understands, and the language is so bizarre compared to anything on earth that the tones don’t have the same meanings. but surely, they’ll like her. 

 

“i heat up because of you, by the way.” seungwan slides through the door, closing it behind her, as if anyone would be able to hear them anyway. already flushed, she sits down where sooyoung pats on her bed. she takes sooyoung’s hand too. “i heat up when i feel good. when i get shy or when i feel in love or, you know.” sooyoung nods. now is not the time to precious little alien. she’s being vulnerable.

 

“and you want to change that? so i can touch you more?” 

 

“precisely” 

 

“i’ll go with you.” seungwan’s face lights up. her eyebrows perk up. “let me meet your family too.” 

 

“i want to kiss you, but i am hot right now.” so they just lay back, hoping seungwan won’t toast the sheets through her special clothing. they’ve got a trip to prepare for.