fin.

Private Matter
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Happy birthday to you!"

Everyone sang in unison for baby Roah's second birthday as they gathered around the toddler as she happily sat upon her mother's, Sieun, lap. Sieun helped her daughter blow out the candles on the cake as everyone cheered and clapped before Eunwoo, Sieun's husband and Roah's father, began to cut the cake into pieces. As this was going on, Nayoung, Sieun's sister, found herself backing away from the crowd of family and friends as to withdraw herself quietly from the merriment. While successfully backing away a good distant without being noticed, Nayoung's back suddenly bumped into someone from behind her in the process. Nayoung whipped her head to see who it was and came face to face with the person she's been ignoring for the past few days.

"Oh, it's you." She said drily as she faced the person while crossing her arms over her chest.

The said person was none other than her fellow co-worker, Jaehyun. Her non-acknowledged childhood friend and whatever else she felt like calling him. Majority of the time it was 'Casanova' and 'Idiot'.

"Oh, Nayoung, ouch."

Jaehyun faked hurt as he grabbed the left side of his chest where his heart laid underneath.

"I thought we were passed this stage already, Love."

Nayoung scowled upon the nickname as Jaehyun cast a playful smirk in her direction before returning to an upright position. Nayoung really hated that he called her 'Love', but no matter what she said, Jaehyun would call her that regardless.

"Oh, haha, funny. Bite me." Nayoung remarked sarcastically not really in the mood to deal with the male.

"It would be my pleasure, Nayoung."

Jaehyun shot her a charming look as Nayoung rolled her eyes.

"It's a figure of speech, Idiot."

"The only figure I see is you."

He grinned as he wiggled his eyebrows up and down while giving her a once over. Nayoung once again scowled as she rolled her eyes once again at his lame line.

"Well, I don't have time to mingle with the likes of you. I need to get going."

Nayoung made to move past him, but Jaehyun caught her by the wrist and prevented her from walking further with his free hand.

"Oh, you can't leave yet, Nayoung. I just got here." He pouted while giving her his so-called "famous" puppy look.

"That totally doesn't work on me, Casanova."

Jaehyun returned back to his former expression with a slight smirk.

"I like trying though."

"Yeah, I know. Anyways, I don't have to tell you and you can just hang out with Sieun without me. She's like me, but older and has a different name and personality than me." Nayoung told him as she freed her wrist from his grasp. "Besides, it's not my fault you got caught up at the office with the new girl."

"Why? Jealous?" Jaehyun asked as he cocked an eyebrow.

"Of Naeun? Yeah right." She scoffed. "I'm not the jealous

Please log in to read the full chapter