Strangers

Swim
01
STRANGERS ARE GETTING STRANGER
 

Do you ever feel like your life has no meaning? Like you’re just standing in the middle of a busy street, where everyone else is rushing around, heading for different destinations and you’re stuck in the middle, frozen, not knowing where to go or what to do. Everyone else seems to have a purpose, know their place, and you… you just have no clue.

Money, they said money could give you pleasant and happiness. You could enjoy every little things that existed in this world with the usage of piece of paper as they got addicted with the scent of cash being handed over to the open palms after they have wrapped up the exclusive handbag from a branded store with highest end quality. You could throw them on to the exposed bodies of pole dancers and strippers in the entertainment centers for adults. But they won't serve you if you don't pay first. Everything has to begin with a down payment or at least a glimpse of advanced deposit. 

I could not deny the fact that we could never survive without money as we need them for foods, for drinks, clothes, paying house bills, and a place for a comfortable sleep at night to avoid catching cold or being harmed with wild animals. Money for protection and for a living. To survive in the big and bustling city. I could not deny we had to rely on these papers for popularity and built reputation. Intentionally shutting down their dark past and dark present, covering up their mistakes with money that even the judge would stay quiet about knowing the dirty secrets behind those billionaires. I could only chuckle in disbelief.

How much the wealth could destroy the humanity? Pretty much way too powerful.

My mind driven back to the reality, realizing I have been sitting and waiting patiently inside of the moving train. I may have a personal driver and butler that could look after me but the moment they attempt to fetch me everywhere I wish to go, I feel irritated. I wanted to live like a normal civillian. Nothing different than those middle-class and lower-class people around me as of this moment. I could perceive the exhaustion obviously painted on their dull faces as they listen to the music using their white earphone, shutting up the whole world momentarily. Some were trying to take advantage on such crowded situation. 

I suddenly had to come across a ert on the train, sneaking up a hand underneath a woman seated next to my side and she seems uncomfortable. Very uncomfortable and inconvenient. It was so rude for the man to disrespect the opposite gender that cruelly and treating women like objects to please themselves. I click on my tongue in annoyance, rolling my eyes before I had to adjust my black fingerless gloves and standing up to approach the man, stepping on his foot with harsh impact then quickly snatching his hand away from the woman's thigh to swing it around. The man groans in pain that it finally drawing attention from other passengers. 

"What the hell are you doing, girl?" He dared to speak like nothing happened.

I scoffs then followed by a smirk while gripping his twisted wrist and presses it harder that it causes him to scream, as the victimized woman sobbing on the side, unable to speak on her own. Probably traumatized with what she had to endure.

"You touched her thigh and even tried to pull down her underwear, you a s s hole. I would beat you up for real but this is enough." I responded, keeping him guarded close to me then shifting my gaze to the nearby lady in her mid-thirties, including the other group of guys behind her. "Please report this man to the police station. I don't have time."

Passing the man to the loud group, catching the man and even harsher in act of capturing the shameless ert. They go busy on settling that man down as they wait for the next stop to eventually dragging him over to the right place. I gesture the victim to tag along with them. When everyone has left the train, I make it out as well but walking to the different direction.

Brushing my feminine slender fingers through my long locks, straightened and black. Ruffling my bangs that hide my forehead. People could never think of me as someone coming from a wealthy family. I dressed up always in dark shades, mostly wearing cargo pants and matched with combat boots on a daily basis. Or sometimes just jeans with converse. I don't have much preference to dress up like a real lady born in the family known for their etiquette and elegant clothing.

I was always scolded for disrespecting the concept when attending a banquet, formal events or formal annual dinner. But then they would act like I was never existing. I thought I could earn the attention of what parents should be. Still none. 

The heavy wind causes my oversized bomber jacket to reveal my plain black shirt while strolling up the stairs to get out of the underground station area and breathes in the fresh air in the evening. Pocketed my hands in to my jacket as I begin to explore the street walk, meeting and exchanging glances with the pedestrians as some of them looking by accidentally. 

People would accuse me for having nothing to do. No job, no study. I have already graduated from my high school a long time ago and ditching classes from college for half a year now. I would do anything just for my parents to really say something to me. But the conclusion? They only bash on the educators to allow me doing whatever I want. So they don't care if I'm not attending classes as they won't worry about it. They said I would be able to handle their business and companies well without having to study farther. 

The things they do, always making me disappointed with myself. I couldn't make them concentrate on me no matter how ridiculous and lawless I behaved. From joining the delinquents to vandalizing and illegally perform dances on the random streets that surprises audience then always being chased by security guards. I have experienced almost everything that is breaking the country's rules. I refuse to bring my credit card and the money that my parents often banked in weekly.

Still no response.

Sighing out of frustration. I turn on my heel to step upon the convenience store I have always visited to grab my carton of strawberry milk but then I got the intention to mess around again this time. Biting on my lower lip, eyeing around as I leisurely walk around each shelves to check on the products then I switch my glances to the handsome but looking a bit nerdy cashier at the front desk. Another good-looking guy keeping himself occupied with choosing which potato chips he should purchase.

When the cashier is too busy with his book, probably studying while working. So I grab the yoghurt cups and shoving them into my big black sling bag, with cartons of strawberry milk to clear out the stocks, not even scared if I got caught by the CCTV. I continue to gather more snacks into the bag until I could assume a stare behind my back. It is no big deal to shove the items into my bag anyways.

Usually people won't defend when I did that before.

But in the end, I came to return the items to the previous store with no damage done.

Switching to another shelf for the chocolate bars and then a pair of hands taking away my bag. I got slightly taken aback, thinking I would be called as a thief or screamed for the law enforcement to come and capture me. But no.

Instead, the guy that has taken my bag, actually passing it to the counter and I wonder what is he doing. Until then I realize he is trying to pay for the selected items while smiling to the cashier. I stomp out of the store in annoyance as they look at me questionably. I shrug off any other thoughts but standing by the entrance. When I could just escape but I don't know why would I choose to stay and wait.

Crossing my arms together then scratching my head. 

"Why would he help a thief?"

"I'm not helping, I'm just donating." said a deep-toned voice coming from my side. I got a bit flinched from the ghost-like appearance because he kept on shocking me with his unexpected actions.

He even hand me over the bag that he has done scanning and paying for.

Too caught up with my emotion, I just hold the bag from his grip and I could say I have become more ruder toward humans. Even though I am a human myself but I just don't find the necessary to connect with others. 

"Next time, don't -in other people's business." I warned, proceeding to walk away as I have already turning my back against him then he raise a bit of his voice for me to hear.

"Would you like to accompany me for dinner? I'll treat you instant noodles."

Furrowing my eyebrows in confusion. This is the first time I meet someone as dumb as that new face. I turn around again to take another recognition of his facial features. He doesn't look like a rich person either with the way he dresses up. Just a plain t-shirt covered with a plaid shirt on the outer with black pants and dirty sneakers. He offer an awkward smile that I could not read his intention but I just go with the flow. I am also hungry when I feel the grumbles attacking my stomach.

"Your treat." I make a few steps forward to bumping his shoulder on purpose and claiming a seat by the available table outside of the convenience store, placing down my bag on the other chair as I plop down casually.

I could see how happy the guy looks. Before he hurriedly enter the store to make two bowls of instant noodles and filling the plastic bowls with the hot water as provided inside the store for those customers that wanted to eat or drink there on the same place.

I could not help it but to notice how bizarre he got. 

"Strangers are getting stranger."

 

 
AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Phew! I hope I have done it well for the beginning! I am still sorry if I did mistakes and grammatical errors. I would try to improve my writing better in the near future. Enjoy! If you could tell who is that strange cute guy then I'll give you kisses on the cheek!