Expectation vs Reality (One Shot)

Expectation vs Reality
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Dara wakes up. She grabs her phone. February 14. Valentine's Day. Her social media accounts are full of notifications. From fans to friends and family members, they all greet her 'Happy Valentine's Day'. Is it a happy day? She doesn't know.

She got up and went to her bathroom to freshen up. After a while, she goes to the kitchen and finds something to eat.

'I'll just have ramyeon. It's easy' she said. She took a cup of noodles on her cupboard and opens it. She took out the seasoning and pour some hot water on the noodle. She waits. She's checking her social media accounts at that moment. Some cute and lovely messages were tagged on her. The Applers or Daragon or Nyongadal, fans of the G-Dragon and Dara ship, are too playful today. They've been asking her how she will celebrate her valentine. Will she celebrate it with Ji Yong? Or is Ji Yong with her?

'He's with me, my foot!' she thought.

She hasn't seen Ji Yong since the Nike x PMO show. They meet quickly, took a photo and he's busy again. She didn't even saw him in Christmas and New Year. He's too busy with his schedules and sleeping, mostly sleeping. She wanted to visit him at home but the company still prohibits them to reveal their relationship after all these years. They are in their thirties, for sake! They almost reveal it at his concert in Manila but Dara stopped him. As much as she loves her Filipino fans and it will be romantic to reveal it in the country she loves so much, she doesn't want to compromise Ji Yong's career. After their IG Live after the concert, Ji Yong was cold to her. So she asks the driver to bring them to Tagaytay. They went to a 24/7 restaurant where they had Filipino food and beer. Thankfully, it was dawn, two groups of the customer were there, a foreign one and old couple and the staff didn't bother them. She asks them not to take pictures of them in exchange for her autograph. Their staff was in relief when they got back at the hotel and they head to the airport at 5 am.

Dara noticed that the noddles are ready so she starts pouring the seasoning. She's mixing it when she received a message. It was from Ji Yong. She opens it and read it.

'Happy Valentine's Day, Noona. Go to this address and have your Valentine's Day gift.' His message said. Dara frowns. "He didn't even say he loves me" she pouts. She received another message and it was an address in Gangnam. Weird. What is he up to now?

After a few hours, Dara arrived in the said address. It was a wellness spa. She sighs. A spa? On Valentine's Day? Really? She shook her head and just enters. The receptionist recognized her immediately. One of their staff assists her and briefs her about the treatment she will have. It was the most expensive spa treatment of that facility. She will have a full body massage, a body scrub, milk and rose petal bath, and other relaxing procedure. It sounds lovely for her but she will exchange all of that if she can just be with Ji Yong for an hour.

Her spa treatment started. Dara tries her best to relax but to be honest, her mind is somewhere else. She's been in on and off relationship with Ji Yong for years. She meets him when she's 22 and he was just 18. She finds him cute back them but since he was too young for her, she only looked at him at his younger brother. When she moved from the Philippines back to South Korea, Ji Yong was one of those people who helped him in being familiarized with Seoul and being a trainee in YGE. He teaches him how to have that swag and a few hip-hop tips. He was her sunbae and she's his hoobae. Everything shifts when she's doing Taeyang's 'I need a girl' music video. She was going through the lyrics of the song and she finds it weird. It was somehow like her, the woman being described in the song. Being the lyricist of the song, Dara playfully asks why Ji Yong wrote it. Without hesitation, he told her that it was for her. Everything changed that day.

Ji Yong becomes vocal at his admiration towards her. She's so pleased by it that she wanted to be with him too, but her contract won't allow her. She does still have that dating clause in her contract so she's satisfied with just simple message exchange and few moments with him as close friends.

When her dating clause is voided, Ji Yong immediately grabs the opportunity and ask her for a date. She agreed. But their dates are mostly in the car since they can't be seen in public. Ji Yong is at his peak at the moment and dating scandal might ruin him. Yang Hyun Suk even talks to them about it, that they should keep it secret for a while.

And then, Kiko Mizuhara happened. It was the lowest point of their relationship. Ji Yong was busy with his Japan projects while Dara is busy with her own too. Ji Yong wants to see her but their schedule doesn't meet. Ji Yong got drunk and spends time with Kiko. Kiko was open-minded. She didn't mind Ji Yong touching her at that time. She knows he's drunk. But paparazzi were very creative. They captured moments that broke Dara's heart.

Dara avoided Ji Yong because of that. Ji Yong was frustrated because Dara won't even let him explains. He sends her many messages but he just found out that she changed her number.

Ji Yong's frustration leads him in not denying nor admitting his relationship with Kiko. Kiko did the same. People seen them from time to time but in rea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter