One

Single awareness day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

6:00 am

 

A hand comes out from under the covers and slams the snooze button with a groan Dahyun gets out of bed she is not much of a morning person but today definitely makes it worse. 

 

Valentine’s Day. 

 

It used to be her favorite time of the year being  part of Cupid’s inc. A company that helps people fall in love(no there are no actual arrows involved anymore) As time when on,watching people fall in love;with her help of course. she has grown tired of it, in part because valentines has became just another monetized holiday, businesses just try to find more ways to make people spend money to show how much they love each other. 

 

Chaeyoung would laugh and tell her she’s just being bitter about not having a girlfriend to take on dates and buy an overly priced stuffed animal or an equally overpriced flower arrangement and chocolates that will just give you cavities. 

 

Yes, she is sulking about not having a girlfriend and today just makes it more painful aware of the fact. No,she will not acknowledge that out loud.

 

“It’s just capitalism” she groans out as she finishes brushing her teeth. 

 

Once she’s dressed and ready she drinks some coffee and grabs her checklist ready for the day. It has all the names of people she must help fall in love or help them with a small “push” in the form of a rubber bad; less painful way.

 

Dahyun doesn’t keep up with couples after she helps them but she has seen a few every now and then like the Im/Yoo couple who are  still completely and stupidly still in love with each other one of the luckiest and others that were just temporary lovers,as she calls them, that just went there separate ways after some time.

 

Cupid inc does not guarantee your true love on the first shot sometimes it takes two or maybe three shots or an accurate aim. 

Some Cupid’s have horrible eyesight leading to horrible aim missing their target by a few hundred feet in Dahyun’s case with her own love life as she believes. 

 

“I bet the Cupid in charge of my live life has horrible eyesight that why they miss every time” Dahyun defeatedly told once to an amused Tzuyu.

 

“ you do know that the higher ups are the ones in charge of  Cupids love right?”Tzuyu shoots back at her disappointed  friend. 

 

“As a Cupid you should know we can’t do all the work, it would help if you didn’t panic every time there is a pretty girl around.” chirped her other friend Chaeyoung as they continue to practice their shooting.

 

 

Dahyun shakes her head to rid of her last  conversations with her friends as she walks in the park going down the list as she shoots her magic rubber bands towards the people around making couples left and right . As she continues her path she can’t help to but get annoyed by the couples being all cute and loving just reminding her that’s she is in fact still very single. A very panicked single.

 

The pink and red hearts all around, the perfect weather and the love songs that can be heard around bother her even the bird couples on the trees are mocking her, grated the later might be her imagination but still it’s annoying. 

 

Dahyun must have the most ironic situation Being Cupid that has no experience in love whatsoever and no chance of that changing as can’t form coherent words around girls.

 

As she focus back to her task crossing people of her list sending more flying rubber bands, as she spots her next targets and double checks the na

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter