Inspiration

Muse

Inspiration strikes at the oddest times.

You could be laying in bed at three in the morning and suddenly get a surge of it.

Or

You could be chilling with friends and it suddenly pops into your head.

 

For me, inspiration came to me whenever I was with her.

Her laugh, her smile, her opinions, her thoughts, her voice.

Everything about her inspired me and while I sat on the couch with her in my arms, drawing slow patterns on her back as she cuddled up to me.

Inspiration hit me then and there.

Whether it was due to her chubby cheeks, one slightly squished due to her face on my chest, or the way her eyes twinged slightly at times making her eyelashes flutter. It could be due to her pursed lips that let out slow breaths second by second.

Maybe it could’ve been past the interior.

Her kindness, her strength, her will, her devotion, her excitement, her confidence, her…

Her.

She was my inspiration in every way and I don’t know what I’d do without her.

“Baby.”

My eyes shifted down to see her sleepy face looking up back at me, her slightly hooded eyes staring right into mine, the small parts where light was reflected adding golden hues to her usual brown.

“You wanna move to the bed?”

She nodded, making a small smile pull at my cheeks.

I slowly picked her up, moving towards the bed with her in my arms, feeling her arms limply hang around my neck before I lay her on her side of the bed. Tucking her in before moving away.

The feeling of her soft hand reaches my wrist, weakly holding me at bay as I waited for her to speak.

“Where are you going?”

“Just getting a glass of water love…”

Her touch leaves my body, a sign for me to go get the supposed glass of water.

But as soon as I stepped over the opening between the bedroom and lounge, I couldn’t stop the tears from falling.

My body flumping onto the couch we were laying on just seconds before as I covered my mouth with my hand in an attempt to muffle my cries.

My heart wrenching as the thought of her not being there with me ran through my head again and again and again and again…

I was losing my muse and I couldn’t do anything to stop it.


Just a short drabble I quickly wrote up, hope you liked it :)