fin.

Scavenger Hunt
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Hey, let's do a scavenger hunt!" Jasmine announced excitedly as she looked at her roommates.

"You wanna do one right now?" Katherine questioned with a quirked brow. "Really?"

Melanie let out a chuckle with a shake of her head.

"Don't tell me you were inspired by the movie we just watched right now, Jasmine."

"Yeah, why not, Melanie?" Jasmine said with a giddy tone. "We got nothing else to do tonight and Sleepover just gave me some fun feels."

"Says you." Serena countered. "I have plans with my bed for a long night."

Jasmine cast her friend a mischievous look.

"Why not have plans for a long night with an actual body that would actually give you a good reason to be sore."

Serena tossed her pillow at her friend due to her suggestive words while Jasmine caught the pillow in mid-air with a loud laugh.

"You know you wouldn't mind, Serena."

Serena didn't respond back, but just shot her friend a hard stare.

"Ohh, if Serena plays along, then I totally know what to do for her on the list!" Katherine interjected with a playful look.

"O-M-G, yes!" Jasmine agreed with laughter. "I know what you're thinking, Katherine."

"I'm not playing." Serena stated with a straight face. "I don't have time for y'all's game."

"Oh, but it's a fun game because this would be such a great excuse for you to get with a certain frat boy." Katherine sing-song.

Melanie joined in on the teasing.

"Ohh, are you talking about you-know-who, Katherine?"

"Yes, the one from Sigma Kappa Ze-"

"Ugh, please don't. It just brings back bad memories." Serena groaned.

"It's only bad on your end." Melanie clarified as Serena still groaned.

"Well, yeah, because I thought he also had feelings for me, but he was just being really nice to me and I read the gestures and signals wrong."

"But did you ever like made sure of that though?" Jasmine reasoned.

"No."

"See, you didn't even get a clear answer from Chris." Katherine said with an obvious tone.

"I'm pretty sure it was clear when Chris and Sana kissed on multiple occasions and were always together everywhere." Serena informed them.

"When?" The trio chimed at once as Serena dismissed the subject. "Forget it. We don't hang out anymore or talk."

"Yeah, but do you even try to message him?" Melanie remarked and Serena shook her head. "I don't bother."

"Wait," Katherine interjected with a confused expression, "Don't you have a class with him this semester?"

"I do, but he's always surrounded by his entourage and a group of girls so I don't bother. Anyways, don't you guys have a scavenger hunt to do?"

Serena once again try directing the conversation away from her.

"Hahaha, we do and you're totally joining us!" Jasmine exclaimed somehow already having written out the list and showing the others it.

"No, I'm not." Serena declined. "I'm pretty sure I made myself clear.

"Oh, yeah you are." The other two chimed with Jasmine going further. "Besides, you need to just relax and have some fun. You've been cooped up at the dorm this whole semester, anyways."

"Not even. I've gone out." Serena defended herself.

"Going to classes and a boba run doesn't count." Katherine remarked as Serena rolled her eyes.

"Still going out and I'm not participating in y'all's little scavenger hunt."

"Yes, you are." The three repeated in sync while casting Serena a knowing smile.

"No. I'm. Not." She enunciated with a firm tone.

Some time later Serena found herself walking down Greek row with Melanie in the middle of the night as the pair stopped just outside the fraternity house of Sigma Kappa Zeta with a dreadful expression upon her face.

"Ugh my life." She groaned while rubbing her face in annoyance. "All because I don't wanna chip in for the next getaway trip."

"Hell yeah. We're traveling longer this time around." Melanie informed her with a playful smile. "Besides, we need to win so we don't have to pay."

Serena made a face before following Melanie up to the fraternity's sign to take a selca to prove that they were at the location and marked off the first thing on the list.

"One down. Four more to go." Melanie cheered as she looked over at Serena. "Ready?"

"No." Serena deadpanned as she also looked at the list on her phone to re-read the contents of it.

"Raid a member's room. Wear a member's clothes. Hug a member. Kiss a member. Wow, seriously?"

She cast her friend an incredulous look.

"This aint no scavenger hunt list, Melanie. It's like a boyfriend hunt list."

Melanie grinned at her knowingly.

"That's what Jasmine had planned it to be. Now let's go."

Serena still made a face while letting out another sigh before talking.

"Honestly, I could just back out of this whole thing and not even go on the trip."

Serena then cast Melanie a look who was already staring at her knowingly.

"Then again, you three would still drag me along and if so, then I would not wanna pay for the trip, anyways."

"Obviously." Melanie stated as she cast Serena a look. "Now, let's go."

Serena ran a hand through her hair while following her friend.

"How exactly do you plan on getting inside?"

"I'm not. You are. You're the one that has the connection."

"I don't have any connections. That's you."

"But isn't Yang Jeongin your step-brother?"

"Yeah, but he's not in Sigma Kappa Zeta."

"Are you sure? Because I've seen him hanging out with Chris though."

"I don't really keep up with his activities, besides aren't you dating someone from Sigma Kappa Zeta?"

"Yeah, but it's too easy to do that and Jasmine doesn't allowed me to contact Minho like she can't contact Johnny to get inside Nu Chi Theta and has Katherine doing all the work like I'm doing with you."

Melanie held up her phone for Serena to read the same list Jasmine had sent Melanie, but with an extra text to it.

"Of course this would happen."

Serena sighed as Melanie chuckled in response as she waited knowing that Serena would give in.

"Ugh, fine. Let's get this done and over."

Serena let out a sigh before going through the contacts list of her mobile device and found the name she was looking for. She held the cellular phone to her ear and waited for the person on the other end to pick up.

"Hey, In." Serena greeted her little brother in a friendly tone. "Are you part of Sigma Kappa Zeta?"

Melanie laughed when she witnessed Serena's reaction to finding out that her step-brother was a member of Sigma Kappa Zeta.

"Since when were you part of a fraternity?" Serena asked her brother in an incredulous tone. "Wait, never mind. Are you at your dorm?"

Serena eyed Melanie who was laughing at her and she rolled her eyes while answering Jeongin.

"So, okay, can you somehow let me and my friend inside the house?"

Serena and Melanie found themselves in Jeongin's room that he shared with another member, Jisung, that the two girls also knew.

"You're dating Minho and you're Jeongin's step-sister?" Jisung asked while pointing at the respective person he addressed.

"Yes." The pair chimed.

"Since when?" Jisung asked totally confused.

"It's only been like three months." Melanie answered. "We haven't made it public, but we're not doing anything in secret either. It's honestly just about us and no one else's business."

"Okay." Jisung said with a nod before looking between Serena and Jeongin. "And you two? I didn't even know and I've known you the longest, Jeongin."

"Uh, our parents met a long while back, but they just got married recently." Jeongin answered. "Besides, Serena and I just go with the flow."

"Yeah, basically. Anyways, we're here to do something so would y'all just like let us do our thing and we'll be out of here."

"What would that be?" The male pair chimed as Melanie showed them the list.

"Oh, you, two?" Jeongin said as he pulled out his phone to show a list. "We have to do something similar."

Serena read the sho

Please log in to read the full chapter