Spring of '96

Our Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was the spring of 1996, Lee Sooman had just watched a highschool dance team at the local talent show perform their set, he approached the skinny boy in the baggy t-shirt that was with his mother. "Hello, very impressive performance, sorry if I am being blunt, but are you Korean?" He asked the shy boy in English, "Yes, I am Korean. Thank you so much for enjoying the performance, we worked really hard on it. LSM then took out a business card from his pocket, "I am from SM entertainment, I would like to invite you to our L.A audition next week" he handed the boy his card, the boy smiled from ear to ear, it was his dream to be a singer and now this man had given him the opportunity to pursue his dreams. "What is your name? You are the first to be scouted during my stay here.", LSM asked, the boy took his hat off and gave a bow, "My name is Jason, Korean name Lee Sunho", he greeted. LSM nodded and waved the boy goodbye, "I'll see you next week Jason." 
[Next day]
Lee sooman was now watching an amateur dance competition that was hosted in Koreatown, he kept his eyes on this charismatic teenager that was dominating the dance floor, when his team finished he walked up to the boy, and offered his card and informed him of the audition as well, "Great freestyle pop and lock up there, What is your name? Perhaps are you Korean", the boy with broad shoulders gave a bow, "My name is Mun Junghyuk, people around here call me Eric, yes I am Korean." He asked the questions awkwardly, LSM laughed at his tone. "Well, I will see you next week Eric." 
[Next day]
Lee sooman was walking around Koreatown when he heard the shouts of some kids at Taekwondo practice, he peeked through the window and saw a slim, tall young man with a very likeable face, he went inside and waited for class to be over before he approached the young man, "I'm with SM entertainment, I couldn't help but notice your form. Are you a dancer?" he asked the boy, "Uhm, yeah I'm in the dance club at school", the boy hesitantly answered. "We are hosting auditions in LA next week, I would love for you to attend. What is your name? Korean?" He asked, "Steve, yeah I'm Korean.", he answered. LSM clapped his hands together, "Great! I'll see you next week then Steve!". 

Eric had arrived at the audition location, the waiting room was not as hectic as he imagined, possibly 20-30 students were in the room, he noticed a few familiar faces from the neighbourhood, "Tony! Jason!", he shouted over to the boys at the other end of the room, they made eye contact and waved him over. "Eric! I'm glad to see you here as well!" Tony commented, "Yeah, the both of you too!", Eric smiled. "Steve from your grade is also here, I saw him talking with the guy that told us to come.", Tony added. Jason was quiet, he was clearly nervous for the audition, he was the youngest of the group and didn't want to let his parents down. "Hey, Jason, it's gonna be fine! Just do your best!", Eric patted the younger boy on the back, Jason smiled at him and gave a nod. 
People were now being called into the auditorium. 
"Welcome everyone to the 2nd annual SM overseas auditions, I am Lee Sooman, the founder of SM entertainment, we are here scou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter