i want to do it with you

what i want to do if i have a lover

a/n: just edited some part

-

“Should we sing a duet?” Wendy asked after singing bunches of songs for Irene. they were at an arcade for another ‘date’, It is actually a rare day for the bestfriends because they are already college students,  have tons of paper to do, left and right exams and many more, they’re both busy for having time for each other eventhough they’re schoolmates. 

 

“Duet?” Irene answered, interested at the offer. 

 

“Do you know any?”

 

“Do you want to do that?” before Wendy could even answer, Irene already have song in her mind and searched for it. 

 

When Irene finished searching for it, Wendy was slightly shocked for the song choice. she thought it would be TVXQ’s ‘Rising sun’ or Red Velvet’s ‘Red flavor’ since they’re both fan of the genres and the groups. but Irene chose ‘want to do if i have a lover’, really? with her? Wendy thought. She was internally panicking because she will sing that with her bestfriend/ her long-time crush. 

 

“It’s my first time singing this” Wendy said. 

 

“It’s my first time singing this with a girl too!” Irene cheerfully answered back. Wendy thought Irene doesn’t know she was doing to her. 

 

-

 

Irene must be crazy. ‘Why did I do that? Why did I picked that song? Is Wendy comfortable with it? Why did I chose to sing this song with wendy? It should be with my partner right? not with my best friend right? and not with a girl right?’ she knew she has a feelings for her bestfriend but why did she continue this? her thoughts was suddenly cut off by the lyrics Wendy sang. 

 

Everything  feels so right

when I’m with you

 

There are so many things I’ve wanted to do

once I had a boyfriend, I’ve always dreamed of it

 

Irene barely focus once her mind was full of thoughts again, leaving Wendy singing the song on her own. The song simply reminds her of her memories with Wendy. 

 

First, kissing on the street

 

Sunny day of February, a special day for those who have lovers, but just another day for some. A normal, yet special day for Irene. A normal day because she is used to this scenario, random guys and girls approaching her giving her flowers, chocolates, stuff toys and whatnot. Some even following her like stalker, pestering her for her number. Well who wouldn’t swoon over her, she’s the epitome of perfection; beautiful, intelligent, kind, can sing, dance and act. In conclusion, there’s nothing Irene can’t do. So she kindly rejected them all because she already is looking forward to something someone rather. She walk towards their classroom, seeing a not-so-good happenings. Just a Wendy holding a mountain of various gifts; chocolates, flowers, hamster stuffed animal, letters almost covering her face, surrounded by her admirers and most of them are girls, she can’t believe it. She can’t believe Wendy accepted them all, but knowing that girl, she probably doesn’t have the heart to reject them and it all happened outside of her classroom. Wendy and Irene aren’t classmate that time so why is she out there? Feeling a bit disappointed to Wendy, she didn’t call the girl whose busy in her little fanmeeting, she just entered the classroom quietly, not letting her presence disturb her. The bell rang and Wendy didn’t get the chance to see Irene. She need to go back to her classroom or else she’ll be late for the first class, she plopped onto her chair, setting aside the gifts she received.

 

Break was already done as the bell once again rang but Wendy couldn’t find Irene, she need to say something to her but the latter seems avoiding her, she also knew the girl wasn’t absent that day because of her obsession on keeping her records clean. Exasperated, Wendy sighed, she was lonely all throughout the day because her bestfriend didn’t show up on their usual place. Last period came and her mind is still bombarded with the thoughts of Irene not showing up. A miracle happened Wendy thought, as their overtime-lover teacher dismissed them 15 minutes before the time. She stood up and left some of the gifts underneath the table. After that, she goes straight to Irene’s classroom waiting for them to be dismissed. She fiddles with her phone, her back resting on a white wall as boredom strikes her. Not that long, some students already leaving the room. Irene know that Wendy will be waiting for her since they always leave the school together, that is also one of the things she look forward to always, not just this valentines day. Wendy will be always waiting for them to be dismissed or if not, she’s the one waiting. It’s their normal thing. Wendy her to her house, even if their routes are opposite ways. Irene got out of the room and revealed a waiting Wendy with a paper bag on her hand. Seeing this, Irene started walking leaving oblivious Wendy trailing behind her. 

 

“Unnie, where were you during the break?”

 

“Studying.”

 

“Why didn’t you texted me? I was waiting in our place and you didn’t show up, I was worried.” with that, Irene got guilty, she knows that no matter what, Wendy will never break her promises. “I’m sorry.” 

 

“It’s fine, you’re fine, you must’ve forgotten to text me.” a wide smile displayed on Wendy’s face as she said that. Irene also smiled, resisting the urge of pinching those chubby cheeks.

 

They were on the way to the bus station when Wendy remembered something. “Oh by the way, I can’t accompany you today. I have a date today.” Irene looked at her abruptly, scaring the out of her. “With who?” she received a scary look from the girl. “With mom.” Irene was relieved at the answer but some part of her doesn’t want to believe the girl because of the paper bag she’s holding. 

 

The bus is coming near when Wendy called for her attention. “Unnie, I have something to tell you.” Wendy handed her the bag, the other girl was confused but still reached out to get it. She was focusing on the bag as Wendy took her personal space and leaves a peck on her cheeks — which is their first time, they didn’t do it eventhough they’re friends. “Happy Valentines day, unnie”. Frozen on her spot, Irene was dazed, her cheeks blossomed a pink-like tint. 

 

And with that Irene got home looking like a sick person due to her flaming cheeks. 

 

Second, you see, is a train to Choonchun at dawn

 

It was before the school break end, Irene needed to go to Seoul again because she is studying there from Daegu, her hometown. She only spent her week there with her family and childhood friends after being away from them for almost a whole year. It is very understandable that they missed each other a lot, so even on the last day her parents insisted on accompanying her until the train station. And here they are now, Irene bidding goodbye to her parents and seeing them off before going to the main station. 

 

After an hour or two, Irene feels the tiredness from her body when the train reaches her destination, and get ready to leave the train. She decided to take a look at her unread messages while walking from her friends and groupmates, reminding of their project. After that, she open the photos, looking back at the photos and replayed the videos she took while playing and laughing with her family. Smiling on her phone, she didn’t realise someone has been calling her for the nth time and loses their patience, the other person step right in front of her and being the distracted Irene was, she bumped into the other figure and was shocked at the sight. 

 

“I’m sorr— Wendy?” said the apologetic voice of irene. 

 

“I was calling you for about a hundred times now and you were busy looking at your phone and didn’t even notice me. Anyways, welcome back unnie!” Wendy said in a breathe. 

 

“What are you doing here?”

 

“Well, I kinda know that you’ll travel back to Seoul now so yeah I’m here fetching you.”

 

Being the gentlewan that she is, she insisted on carrying the other girl’s bag and man it was very heavy for a petite girl like Irene to carry. 

 

“Why is your bag so heavy? did you bring your whole house here?” Wendy whined that made her earn a glare from Irene. 

 

“Too bad, I’m planning on cooking for you because my mom let me took all of the side dishes she made but your being a whiny kid so.” said Irene a little too proud because of the sudden attitude of the younger girl. 

 

“I’m sorry! cook for me~~” and of course, no one can resist a cutie Wendy. 

 

“Oh by the way, how’s auntie?”

 

“She’s fine. you should give them a call, they missed you a lot.”

 

Third, going on a  picnic, fourth, getting a piggyback ride

 

Wendy can feel the madness of the sun as they were at a park, picnic blanket laid on the floor on a summer day. Sitting on the blanket with Joy, who is busy admiring the scenery, they were waiting for the others to buy foods with her money. Well because her sister Yeri and her was really bad in making food and it was near afternoon then, so they decided to just buy foods from store. While Yeri took her wallet away with her girlfriend Seulgi and Irene. As they waited, someone, a girl rather, approached them and tried to recall their names. “Wendy unnie?” the girl said, apparently, she doesn’t know Joy and made the said girl frown in confusion, looking at her. “Sejeong?” Wendy said, familiar with the voice and the face of the owner, now facing the girl who called her and after her brain processed, she abruptly stood up and hugged the said girl. 

 

“Wendy unnie! That’s right! Long time no see.” said the girl named Sejeong while her eyes closed, smiling. She was a close junior from Wendy’s former school before transferring into Irene’s. She was the one who helped Wendy during her training as an archer — They were both athletes of the sport. They were really bestfriends back then, helping each other — she helped Sejeong on her academics while the other girl thought her how to play the bow. Joy just looking at them, also happy as they reunited. 

 

“Sejeong-ah, I missed you.” tightening the hug, Wendy said, which also earned an “ I missed you too, unnie” from Sejeong. She pulled away slighty to look at the younger girl, but their bodies were still close. “I’m sorry I didn’t contact you when I transferred, it’s just that senior year was really busy for me.” her apologetic eyes looking straight into the younger girl’s. “It’s okay unnie, I was also busy as there were competitions after competitions plus my academics, you know how bad my brain is.” said the younger girl that made her laugh. They hugged again and invited her to seat with them. She finally introduced her to Joy. They both laughed as they recall their memories together and catch up on each other’s life. 

 

On the other side, the other 2 saw the interaction and made Irene and Seulgi, who are outside the shop, frown like Joy. They didn’t know Sejeong because Wendy didn’t bother to mention it to them. Yeri, after paying for what they bought, came outside and call for help which her girlfriend only heard because the other girl was busy glaring on what Wendy is doing. “Irene unnie! what are you glaring at? you can almost kill a person with it.” Yeri said as she was handing the plastic bag to Irene which she took absentmindedly. “Yeri-ah do you know her?” Irene quizzed the girl who’s eyes are searching. “Who? where?”

 

“That girl, with Wendy, who is she?” pointing at the 3 girl who was now sitting and laughing. 

 

“Ah that girl, Sejeong-ie” Yeri smirked while her girlfriend who was feeling betrayed looked at her, which she reassured the other girl by kissing her chubby cheeks. 

 

“Sejeong? you know her?” 

 

“Hmm, actually no, but I heard her a lot from Wendy unnie. I thought they were girlfriends back then because they’re so close.” said Yeri still smirking. “Why?”

 

“Oh nothing let’s go.” 

 

They came back with a several plastic bags on their hands. Instinctively, Wendy will help them but was too busy talking with her friend. Which Joy just did, Wendy was confused why the girl stand up and didn’t notice that there were 3 other people who is busy looking glaring at her them. One was just looking at her with her infamous eye smile, happy to see a new friend, second was looking at her with a devil smirk on her face and the last, don’t even ask — Irene was looking at her intensely. She gulped and stood up, helping the other girls with the bags. After, she introduced Sejeong to them, she also asked them if her friend can joined them which earned her an ‘Of course’ with a smile, except for a certain bunny. And looking at Irene she knew she was mad but didn’t know why, so she asked her sister instead. 

 

“Yah why is Irene like that? She’s scaring me. PMS?” cautiously asking Joy. And of course her sister knew why is she like that,  actually everybody knows except Wendy herself and the most oblivious Seulgi, clearly because the bunny was jealous, but she didn’t said anything, instead she let Wendy find it out herself. “I don’t think so.” answered Joy smirking which made Wendy more confused. 

 

After it feels like forever, at least for Irene, Sejeong bid goodbye. Wendy offering her to take her to bus station but rejecting her offer since she didn’t really intend on Wendy’s time for them. It is really hard to persuade the other girl, Sejeong must say because she really won’t listen, not until the mad unnie (pun intended) shut her up. The new friend knew that Irene was mad and sighed in relief as she remembered she exchanged phone numbers with Wendy when the other girls were not there yet. 

 

Not that long after, they decided to wrap up and go home. Wendy was still confused why Irene is unusually quiet today and keeps on ignoring her. The other 3 girls was busy roaming around, taking pictures and leaving them two alone. Seeing Irene arranging their basket, Wendy approached her and offer a help. So close yet feels like miles apart, Irene is still not talking to her ‘this is killing me!’ the younger thought, so she decided to break the silence and asked the girl “Irene unnie, are you okay? You’re unusually quiet today. Are you sick?” facing her but to her dismay, she was answered by “I’m fine.” without looking at her. Irene keeps on arranging their things and was about to get out of the blanket to pick it up and fold it when a kid ran into her and accidentally fall down in a wrong way leaving her with a sprain. Wendy didn’t witness what happened as she was throwing their trashes and was shocked when she came back on their place with a groaning Irene sitting on the blanket. She quickly rushed into the the injured girl. “Unnie what happened? are you alright?” still the other pained girl doesn’t answer, so Wendy picked her up into a piggyback ride and lead them to her car. 

 

Wendy managed to open the back door and putting Irene down without a hassle. She fished out her phone and sent a text to Yeri, informing her of what happened and ordered them to get their things left on the ground. The injured girl was very adamant on letting Wendy treat her left foot, saying it wasn’t that serious but Wendy didn’t care about her the protest as she goes to the trunk of the car and get the cold spray she usually used because she, herself is a klutz. When the other 3 got into the car, Wendy immediately hit the road. She can’t help looking at the rear view mirror as it appears a beautiful woman sleeping. Yeri and Seulgi was the first to land as they reached Seulgi’s house. Joy insisted to go down near a train station, saying she need to go back to a friend’s, which is opposite way of their house, and let her Irene unnie go home first as her excuse. Once they reached their home, she waited watched for atleast a half hour before waking the girl sleeping in the back seat of the car. “Irene unnie were here” and that Irene stir awake still feeling her foot hurt like hell, she tried to get out of the car as she bid thank you and goodbye to the driver but failed miserably. Wendy just watch her over and over again. She got out of the car and open the left door she her back, squatted a bit and patted her back. Needless to say, Irene understood what the girl is trying to portray. She got on the girl’s back knowing she can’t move on her own and climb about a hundred stairs. Silence once again filled the air, as Wendy starts to walk with Irene on her back, before the two girls talked at the same time. 

 

“How’s your fo—“

 

“Who’s that gi—“

 

They looked at each other and laughed, the tension in the air was now gone as they did. 

 

“I’m fin—“

 

“She’s a frie—“ both cut the sentence of each other. Wendy chuckled and finished her sentence first. 

 

“She’s a close friend of mine at my former school, we haven’t contacted each other since I transferred to our school now since I was really busy studying and her, on her competitions. We used to play archery, she taught me how to play it and she was really good.” Wendy said while taking her steps carefully on the stairs. Now, after not hearing any response from the other girl, she looked at her right side, facing a smiling like a fool on her back, smiling at her. “Why?” came out of Wendy’s mouth and was responded by “Sorry.” from the injured girl burying her head on the other’s shoulder, her forehead resting on it. 

 

“For what?”

 

“It’s because you never bother to mention her to us and you look like a lovey dovey couple. It’s annoying!” 

 

“So you’re jealous?” a laughing Wendy said. 

 

“Yah! stop laughing, it’s not funny.” the bunny on Wendy’s back now frowning, punching her lightly. 

 

“Ahhiyouudontworryimallyours.” was all Wendy could say and (un)fortunately it was barely understood by Irene. 

 

“What did you say?”

 

“Nothing.”

 

“Aish! what is it?” Out of frustration, Irene bit her shoulder. Wendy just let her do her thing and finally the bunny stopped. 

 

“We’re here.” They’re now in the front door of Irene’s house and Wendy slowly squatted to let the girl get off of her without much effort. 

 

And something’s seems off, Irene thought 

 

“Wait, my keys.” Yes, her inner grandma self left the bag in Wendy’s car. The poor girl still squatting on the floor, wanting to cry. 

 

Fifth, couple rings are standard

 

It was the 2nd day of their school’s fair. There were many exciting booths massive inflatable things, foods, and pop-up stores selling various branded clothes. There were also a band playing, which made the students sing-along with them. Projects and stress were aside, students of the university enjoyed their day with their friends. And as usual, the bestfriends were stick together, loitering around, visiting every booths and food trucks. Irene clinging onto Wendy because of the sea of people, which Irene hated, so Wendy put her arms on the others waist and lead her to everywhere. 

 

“Wendy let’s try this!” Irene cheerfully stated with a glint in her eyes once she stepped in front of a food stall, specifically a tteokbokki food stall. 

 

“Do you love tteokbokki that much? you’re such a baby.” Wendy scoffed but smiled after Irene pouts. 

 

“Shut up and just buy me please?” said Irene while showing her bunny ears (if possible) to Wendy. After eating, they continued roaming around the school grounds and stopped when they saw a jewellery pop-up store. There were many students, specifically couples, buying couple rings and such. Wendy was busy looking for a bracelet when Irene called for her attention.

 

“Wendy, look at this. Does it suits me?” Irene quizzed, showing off her hands. 

 

“Oh unnie it’s pretty. It suits you” Wendy answered sincerely. 

 

“Should I buy it? but it’s only sold as couple ring.” Irene said and showed Wendy the other ring, more like a size of men’s than Irene’s. 

 

“It’s okay! I’ll just wear the other one!” as Wendy gets the other ring from Irene with a wide grin and put in in her thumb since it’s big for her. 

 

It would be really sweet

Why does my heart beat thump simply at the thought

 

I’m going to do each of things daily with you

My day is enjoyable because I have you,

now that the two of us are together

 

There are so many things I’ve also wanted to do once I had a girlfriend, I’ve always been envious

 

Sixth, late night movie

 

Irene was at the Son’s residence once again. It was like her second home. Mr and Mrs Son actually welcomes her with an open arms, they really loved Irene, she was like a daughter to them. Irene and Yeri were the really first one to get to know each other and Wendy got to know Irene because of her sister’s girlfriend, who happened to attend the same club as her, the dance club. They invited the girl for another sleepover after their finals, which they always do. So here they are at Wendy’s room, about to watch their third movie. It was Yeri’s turn to pick since the two girls already did so. She browse and browse but can’t decide what to watch but then an idea popped into her mind and goes to the ‘horror’ categories. She clicked the ‘Veronica’ movie with a eating grin plastered on her face. She knew Irene is weak for this kind of movies so she planned something. She moved into the left side of the bed, leaving a space for two in the middle and in the right side. The two was in the kitchen, refilling their snacks and drinks. After a while, they come back and get ready for the next movie Yeri picked. They didn’t knew Yeri picked a horror movie so she earned a intense glare from her sister. 

 

“Ya Yerim! why did you pick this movie? you know Irene unnie can’t watch this. Pick something else.” Wendy said reaching the remote but Yeri was too fast for it and got it first. 

 

“Why? It’s my turn to pick and I don’t have anything in mind, besides, I also watched those boring romantic movie you’ve picked so why not horror?” and Wendy can’t reply to that. Instead she just look into the other side of the bed asking the girl if it was okay with her and a smile was her reply. They watched the film and Wendy couldn’t stop worrying over the jumpy Irene. And here she was, not even a 5 minutes of the film, the said girl was already clutching her hand against the blanket and keep on covering her eyes. 

 

“Hey Unnie, you okay?” Wendy asked worrying about Irene. 

 

“H-huh? Oh yeah I’m—AHHHH!” The girl was obviously scared and Wendy couldn’t help but to hug her as a comfort. After some shrieking and cursing sound from Irene, they were basically cuddling now because Wendy adjusted her position and put Irene’s head into her right arm but the girl doesn’t seem to notice it since she was really scared. And Yeri? well, she’s still in the room but using her phone, film and the other girls ignored and just talked to her girlfriend.

 

 

Seventh, amusement park too

 

High school Wendy was the most unbelievable thing according to Irene. She’s always roaming— more like jumping and running around the campus and being a klutz that she is, she always end up in the school’s clinic. She was always sleeping in class. Always late or if not absent. Even the school’s principal and their homeroom teacher have given up on her. But she excelled in her academics, Irene also, they both are. They bet on each other’s result and the winner will get to have a wish. The ever so competitive Irene won’t let the other girl win but to her dismay, she lost the bet. So Wendy said her wish to Irene and that is to cut classes with her and go to amusement park. But of course the good student Irene said ‘no’ to the offer. Not wanting to put a dirt on her clean student record. So Wendy, for the first time, goes to school early to wait for Irene near the school gate. After several minutes of waiting, she saw on her peripheral an Irene walking with her earphones plugged in her both ears, and eyes on the floor. Wendy took the chance and run towards Irene, she grabbed the poor girl by her hand and started running, not even listening to the protest of the other girl and the shout of the school guard.  

 

“Wendy what are you doing?” said the confused, lack of breathe, running and mad Irene. But Wendy replied her with her wide grin and a “Faster!”, and pulled her, more like drag, even more running faster than earlier. After being miles away from the school, she finally let go of Irene’s hand and catch her breathe. 

 

Irene send her an intense glare and a question “What are you doing?! the guard saw us running. Let’s go back now, it’s 15 minutes before they give us a tardy slip.” Even before Irene can turn around, Wendy held her wrist to stop moving further. “No wait! the bus is here. I promise we will have fun.” Before Irene can even ask where will they go, Wendy pulled her inside the bus, paid for them and let her seat beside her. 

 

They arrived at their destination with an Irene having worries on her mind while Wendy being an excited human being. The bus stopped and Wendy got up, pulling Irene again and she finally knew where will they go. To an amusement park they used to go with Yeri, Seulgi and Joy. The first thing they did was to buy headbands, they bought a couple design, Irene had angel horn headband while devil horns for Wendy. Little by little, Irene got persuaded by Wendy to just enjoy their day and stop worrying about what happened earlier. But Irene hated the other girl when she wanted to try extreme rides like T-express and Double Rock Spin when she knew Irene is afraid of heights but used her ‘irresistible face’ to persuade Irene and ride them, and so she did. After some puking, Wendy paid for some churros, burger, hotdogs and soda as a sorry for Irene. They decided to just roam around first and take a picture before going home but Wendy remembered something. Whilst munching a massive cotton candy, Wendy led the other girl, holding her hands gently, off to somewhere. 

 

“Ferris Wheel?” Irene questioned the girl, eyes moving back and forth to the big wheel and her. 

 

“Yes! c’mon let’s go.” as they got into the cabin. They sat beside each other, shoulders bumping because of the narrow room they are in. Not that long, they got higher letting them witness the sky color was now a pale tint of orange, indicating that it was sunset already. Time was gone by too fast whenever she’s with Irene and she felt happy, spending her time with her favourite person. The two of them was completely mesmerised on what they are witnessing. Irene, on the other hand, eventhough she was scared of heights, she always loved the skies. Taking pictures of the beautiful scenery, Irene didn’t notice the other girl who was busy eyeing her, ‘the better scenery’ Wendy thought. It takes a while when Irene noticed her and Wendy swear there were faint tint of pink on Irene’s cheek when she finally blurted out what was on her mind “Beautiful”. Even her, after realizing what happened, blushed so hard that she break the eye contact with Irene and just look on her side. She saw that they were about to reach the end, she fished out something on her bag and handed it to Irene. “Happy Birthday, unnie” she said while giving her the most sincere smile of hers. Making the tint of pink in Irene’s cheeks turn to red. 

 

The next day they saw each other is at a multi-purpose gym, cleaning and wiping the floor as a punishment of cutting class. 

 

Eighth, surprise event too

 

Wendy is a really good singer, everybody knows it, but she doesn’t. In fact, Irene loved her unique voice the most, it is very comforting and not to mention the way she sings with her expressive eyes. She attract every attention of her listeners and let her feel her emotions. So here she is, contemplating whether she will or not join the upcoming singing competition. It kind of helped when Irene comforted her and complimented her but she can’t help being insecure. 

 

She decided to join the competition. Irene accompanied her in her everyday practice. She actually doesn’t know why Wendy is worrying when she is the most beautiful, intelligent and talented person she ever met. Wendy isn’t really for the price and place but she can’t help overthinking. ‘What if there were many better singers than her?’ ‘What if she choke while trying to belt the notes?’ that would be embarrassing. Her thoughts was interrupted when she heard her phone buzzed, indicating that someone sent her a text. 

 

from: Irene unnie 💜

‘hey you can do it! fighting! sorry i can’t come right now :(,  i’ll make it with you :3’

 

After reading the message, Wendy can’t help but smile, but a part of her is disappointed at Irene, she can’t come due to ‘some reasons’ and Wendy understands. So she goes to the backstage and start the inhale in, exhale thing to calm herself before going to the stage. After she sings, she heard the audience clapped and scream her name. She was satisfied at the result but didn’t expect she’ll be winning. She was very happy and sent a text to Irene. 

 

to: Irene unnie 💜

‘Irene unnie! I won! but it’ll be better of you’re here with me receiving the award.’

 

She really mean it, if Irene was there she would be really happy. Disappointment arises once again when she saw Irene red it but didn’t save a reply. So she just went back on her house, declined the offer of the other participants to celebrate. She was not feeling well because her bestfriend ignored her and didn’t even watched the competition. 

 

Once she reached her house, she except that her parents will be in the sofa because her sister will always be in her room playing some video games and not wanting to be disturbed, but to her dismay, no one was there, even the light are off. She tried to call her parents while putting down her bag on the couch but no one replied. She went to the kitchen to drink some water but suddenly she was surprised when the lights turn on and her parents and het friends were there, Irene and Yeri holding up a small ‘congratulations Wendy unnie’ banner. They congratulated Wendy in unison making the girl real happy than winning the competition. 

 

“Congratulations Wendy! I’m so proud of you!” said Irene handing her the flowers then hugging her but Wendy just pouted, not forgetting she was ignored a while ago. 

 

“I hate you! you ignored me. I sent you a message but you just red it and didn’t even reply” the other girl said while pouting, putting up a facade but she just want to see Irene’s reaction. 

 

“Hey, I’m sorry. I was just busy preparing this with your parents” Irene said breaking the hug and looking fully at Wendy. 

 

“Okay. But how did you know I won?” 

 

“Oh, Mina sent us the video of you singing and claiming the award.” 

 

“Thank you unnie, you really made me happy today.” Wendy said with smile. Everyone in the room can feel the tension between the two except them. 

 

The ‘romantic’ tension between the two was cut off by Irene’s reply. “You said you hate me earlier.” That earn a Wendy frown and “Yes I still hate you.” Funny how Wendy always do that and not the other way around. 

 

I would be really happy

Why does my heart beat thumping simply at the thought

I’m going to do each of things

daily with you

My day is enjoyable because I have you,

now that the two of us are together

 

My once lonely birthdays, boring weekends. I now await labeled days

 

I like that it’s the two of us, I like that we’re together. Wherever I am, whatever I’m doing with you.

 

‘That’s it’ Irene thought. She’s done now.  She finally realised all the things she did with Wendy. She knew that right now if she don’t run away right now at that moment, she’ll fall deeply inlove with her bestfriend. Wendy’s expressive brown orbs are not even helping because she kept on looking at her like she’s singing the song for her. Technically she does because after the first line Irene just looked at her. So, not even letting Wendy finish the song, she bolt out of the karaoke room, leaving the other girl in confusion. 

 

“Unnie, wait!” And of course, Wendy followed suit. 

 

Irene keeps on walking—running away from the other girl with a watery eyes. Not even wanting to see Wendy due to embarrassment and confusion. But then, a firm yet gentle hand wrapped against her wrist that made her look back and stop on her tracks. 

 

“Ya Irene you’re so rude, you didn’t even let me finish the song.”

 

Irene was taken a back but that’s really her point, not hearing the last verse because she might not take it. So she take back her hands, freeing herself from wendy’s hold and she succeeded. But Wendy won’t let her go. 

 

“Hey I’m sorry, I’m just joking. But can you hear me out? please?” now Wendy is walking so that she’s in front of the verge of tears Irene. She cleared and catch her breathe before singing again. Looking into her eyes as if wanting to tell her how much she really loves her. 

 

The one thing I’ve wanted to do

most most most out of those things

“I love you,” saying and hearing those words just once. 

 

Now wendy finally let it out. She finally confessed to her longtime bestfriend/crush. But she can’t read what the other girl’s mind and thought she was doomed. She thought it was done, that there were no chance. And maybe she’s right because the other girl is not doing anything, standing right in front of her. So she tried to apologise. 

 

“I’m sor— oh!” she barely got a chance to finish her sentence when Irene cut her off. Hugging her like her life depends on it, but immediately, she reciprocated it. She heard the other girl crying as she rested her head into her shoulders and tighten the hug. She waited for the other girl to finish her crying and she finally heard those 4 words she’s dying to hear.

 

“I love you too.”

 

And Wendy couldn’t be more happier than this moment so throw her fist in the air as if she won a lottery. Well, the moment Irene said those words to her, she already won big time. And decided to finally finish the song. 

 

Thank you so much for coming to me,

you being by my side.

 

-

a/n: end~~ thank you for reading it and hopefully you liked it. till next time!