Reunite

Back to Society

Perhaps Seulgi was just nervous. After all, she looks disgusting. Her rotten and decayed skin along with the dried up blood and her.... bitten marks. Yes, it sounds exactly what it sounds like. Seulgi was a post-zombie. She was a man-eating monster that devoured any human she saw on first sight and had no control of her mind whatsoever.

Seulgi doesn't know how humanity did it but they did. They created a cure that stopped the zombie apocalypse. But instead of creating a vaccine or just simply eliminating all zombies, the cure did something else. The cure had transformed zombies back to human, with zombies regaining consciousness and having returned to humans but their physical appearance had not. Seulgi sighed. 

Seulgi knew that she was physically attractive as a human being. But after being bitten, Seulgi had just blanked out. It was as if she had fallen into a deep sleep, a deep coma. She didn't know how much time passed or how many humans she had eaten but all she knew was that she needed to see one person. Seulgi smiled at the thought of her girlfriend, Bae Irene. Irene was the epitome of perfection, beauty, and purity. She was innocent and beautiful, as well as kind. An angel. Seulgi doesn't even remember the last time she saw Irene and feels ashamed. But can her blame her? She was unconscious for... whoever knows how long?! She doesn't even know if Irene survived or not! Seulgi frowned.

Seulgi inspected herself once more. She was in a small, one-story, run-down building and was inspecting herself with a broken mirror in the building's bathroom. When she had regained consciousness, she was tied to a chair. She inferred that she had probably attacked a survivor or a group of survivors and they were forced to tie her to a chair to prevent her from biting anybody. Or maybe she had bitten somebody and was tied to the chair afterwards. Seulgi really doesn't know.

She is currently in her highschool uniform. She remembers being in her sophomore year of highschool. So she was probably around 16 when the zombie apocalypse outburst appeared. Seulgi bites her lip. It feels weird biting her lips with such rotten, decayed, and bloody teeth. The teeth that probably bit multiple people and devoured them. She can feel herself feeling ravenous after she regained consciousness and inferred that it was probably because she was so constantly hungry when she was a zombie.

Seulgi decides to take a step outside. It's sunny. Seulgi doesn't remember seeing such a sunny day before. She feels like she can recall being a zombie but she barely can. She can briefly remember moments but can't tell if she was making these memories up or not. 

She can clearly see other post-zombies gasping in realization and shock and... disgust. Seulgi can relate greatly. The other post-zombies quickly tested if this was really true or not. They talked, speaked. They moved at their own will without on impulse. They don't quite remember what happened to them but all they remember is somebody important to them. 

Somebody remembers their mother and another remembers their lover. Seulgi smiles but can't help but judge them based on their zombie appearance. She knows that she looks the same but it doesn't feel the same. She can't get used to the disgusting sight of rot and blood and guts and . Seulgi wants to cover her nose from the stench but she knows she smells the same. So do the others. 

"Shall we part ways?" a post-zombie asks everybody loudly. Everybody looks at each other. They had no idea where they were. It seems like an abandoned train station, miles away from Seoul. Or from any city for that matter.

But everybody agrees. They all go their own separate ways. Society feels much all the same. Seulgi also parts ways with the post-zombie strangers and walks on the railroad tracks. There's a few other post-zombies who also decide to follow the railroad tracks. Maybe they'll lead to a city, after all. Seulgi ponders upon many thing while following the endless tracks.

Does humans know about this sudden transformation of the zombies? Will they shoot on first sight? Seulgi is anxious. Now she wonders even more. Can she die? Is she immortal? She knows, from pop culture, that zombies would die if their brain was damaged. Korea bans guns anyways! Who would have a gun in Korea?! Seulgi sighs. 

"Anxious?" somebody from her right asks her. Seulgi turns to meet their eyes...... well, they didn't have any eyes. Seulgi smiles and nods. She identifies them as a man who's in his teens. He looks about the same age as her anyway. She's predicting using her really bad eyesight and from the decaying body. "I am too. I know for a fact that my girlfriend is still alive. She has a loving father who would do anything to protect her. Not to mention, her family's rich. I would know that he would buy any type of security to secure his daughter's safety," the man rambles with a reminiscing tone and a soft smile. He then finally turns to Seulgi.

"What's your name?" he asks her. Seulgi looks at his nonexistent eyes. She just.. she loves the fact that he still remembers all these vivid details of his girlfriend. How Seulgi can relate so much.

"Seulgi," she replies shortly. The man nods. "My name's Eunwoo," he replies back with a grin. Seulgi's eyes widened. She doesn't know how, but she knows that he must've been physically attractive as well. She can feel his natural charm and can predict his handsome face radiating, standing out from the others. The two chatted for a while. Seulgi learns that Eunwoo is from X high school, which is Seulgi's highschool's rival. It's a very elite school (noting that Eunwoo's girlfriend is rich) and made only for the rich. Eunwoo must've worked hard, eh? The two then talk about the zombie apocalypse and all.

"Do you remember how you got turned?" Seulgi asks Eunwoo. Eunwoo shakes his head in disappointment. He looks up at the sunny sky. Why, actually, the sun is setting now. The sky is orange, pinkish. Seulgi has never enjoyed such a raw view of the sky before. Not without Irene anyways. "I don't remember a thing..," Eunwoo mutters, then he laughs. Seulgi laughs as well. The other post-zombies behind them are all chatting and bonding without having a single connection to each other, other than being post-zombies who were mysteriously grouped together by a couple of humans who are either still living or also zombies.

The group of post-zombies walk along the railroad for what seems like endless days. They don't necessarily starve for anything nor do they ever get tired but they do get homesick and depressed. It seems endless. Trees past by and railroads are stepped on. The group passes by multiple train stations and trains with dead zombies laying everywhere. The group continues with their destination, determined.


Seulgi checks herself in the mirror. She combs her hair and checks her skin. Her decaying skin seems to have grown back. She smiles. Why, she's starting to look like her old self again. She's in a cozy apartment and outside, the sun is shining brightly. There's a civilization outside. People are chatting and trains and cars are running. Seulgi checks the time. Oh ! She's nearly late.

She runs out of her apartment door and runs quickly to the elevator. She spots humans and post-zombies. Everybody seems to be blending in quite well. Seulgi smiles but still remembers her mission and hurries to the elevator. There's a group of people near the elevators, all waiting to get on the elevator. Seulgi panics. She's gonna be late! She can't afford to be late. Not with money anyways.

Seulgi decides to take the stairs downstairs. She runs to the stairs and skips steps down. Why, she's having so much fun. Despite the panic and anxiety she has being late, she still feels free. She feels clean and happy. Like something was lifted off her chest. She greets multiple people on her way down and finally reaches rock bottom of the apartment building. She checks out and greets even more people. She runs towards the doors and gets ready to blast them open and feel the sunshine but she nearly bumps into somebody entering. She stops her momentum and apologizes quickly before finally opening the doors slowly, revealing a white light then... society. The sun shines brightly as everybody seems... relieved and cheerful. Seulgi feels nostalgia.

She checks the time. 3 minutes before the meetup time. Seulgi hurries and runs towards her car. She had just earned her drivers' license last week and is quite proud of her driving skills. She rushes to the meetup place, but of course doesn't want to crash and..... die....

Seulgi shakes her head and focuses on the road. Why does it feel like such a long journey just to get to this one place?! As Seulgi drives along the street, she watches as children run around while others hold their parents' hands. Seulgi smiles. She wishes she will be in that place one day, having children with-

The light switches to green as the car behind Seulgi honks at her and she immediately slams her foot on the petal. Seulgi sighs in relief. Seulgi quickly reaches her destination in time. The amusement park. Seulgi walks towards the entrance and her eyes shine like jewels and her smile stretches from ear to ear.

"Seulgi-yah!" a voice calls out to her. Seulgi opens her arms and the person engulfs themselves into her warm arms. Seulgi closes her arms and holds the person like a precious memory. Seulgi looks down at her perfect girlfriend. Irene has a wide grin as well. Her peachy skin against Seulgi's peachy, tan skin mixed with decayed brown and dark green. Seulgi's imperfect, spaced teeth showing along with Irene's straight, white teeth. But who cares? Their differences don't mean a thing.

But you know what does? They do. Actually, Irene means the world to Seulgi and Seulgi would sacrifice anything for her, even if she was, once, her mortal enemy.

 

 

 

 

 

Happy Valentines Day! (actually, that's tomorrow but whatever xP)