Epilogue

Back to Society

Seulgi holds Irene's small hands in hers. Irene told Seulgi everything. Irene told her how she had seen Seulgi be bitten by a zombie while trying to protect her. Irene cried and screamed but the others (Wendy, Yeri, Joy, if Irene had to throw names out) held her back from tending to Seulgi. She saw Seulgi's lifeless body suddenly come back but it felt as if she was another person altogether. Not even a person, another identity. 

Irene, Wendy, Yeri, and Joy had to fend off for themselves. They did eventually meet a few other survivors, who were actually nice and caring. There were some surviviors who were willing to risk others' lives for their own but there wasn't no drama like how there is in the movies and video games. Everybody got along and fought alongside each other. Unfortunately, they lost more lives than Irene would like to admit. Seulgi listened closely, with all ears. Irene said she was searching for Seulgi every since she was bitten. But.... Irene would have no luck with her quest.

"What about the cure then? Who invented the cure to have us zombies regain our consciousness?" Seulgi inquired. Irene shrugged. 

"I don't know either. Probably some super smart scientist or a group of people who found something that could be a potential cure for this outburst. But I have no knowledge of that," Irene replied shortly. The cure's origin is unknown but there have been many speculations.

"Whoever they are though, I'm thankful for them," Irene adds briefly while tightening her grip on Seulgi's hands. Seulgi smiles and returns the grip. The sun is slowly setting and orange is overtaking the blue sky. It's been 2 years since the outburst and 1 year since the cure and nobody knows how any of this happened. The outburst's origin and the cure's origin is simply unknown. Maybe this was some government experiment or maybe aliens invaded Earth. There have been some reports of alien sightings but... come on... who would believe such a unbelievable claim?! 

Orange and pink fill the air and gradient colors follow up as the night sky finally appears. Fireworks soon explode into colors and sparks. Irene's eyes are sparkling just like the fireworks. The fireworks fill up the sky as Irene's hand fills up Seulgi's. Seulgi is satisfied. But somehow, it feels as if there's still a threat lurking around. A threat to humanity.

She could feel an inhumane hand in hers as she slowly turns over to glance at Irene. Irene suddenly doesn't look like Irene anymore. Her sudden large and blackened eyes and her inhumane shape and body.

"I love you Seulgi."

Seulgi's eyes widen as a loud scream erupts and Seulgi feels herself losing consciousness.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(is anybody speechless? i hope so. i added that little twist to... you know, twist this twisted world even more! after all, an adventure doesn't end until it reaches it's final destination! happy valentine's day!!!!!!!!! love ya!)