In 2024...

Twice Disbandment AU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sometimes Chaeyoung wonders what her life would have been like if she had decided to stay in Korea. The memories of her home country are blurry, almost as if her mind had decided to try and erase its existence from her mind. Which had to be a decent feat considering that her time in Korea had shaped her into who she was today.

She could never entirely forget growing up in Seoul or her dream to become an idol and how it came true; spending seven years with eight of her best friends travelling the world, doing what she loved.

But all that was in the past now.

Twenty-five-year-old Chaeyoung was not an idol anymore.

---

There isn't a bone in Jihyo's body that doesn't wish she could turn back time. Even just two years back so she could tell her past self to renew her contract with JYPE even if she would have to continue as an idol alone without her members. Seeing herself today... it made her upset, because it was never how she intended to be.

It was almost as if she had wasted her whole life or maybe, that she had lived another life up until this point. A dream life. Now she was awake, and it was gone. Seventeen years of her life were gone. Seventeen years in a dream that seemed both intriguing and horrifying at the same time.

Maybe she dodged a bullet, ending her contract and deciding against a solo career. But maybe she made a big mistake.

---

Jeongyeon spends her days, working as a baker in Busan. She wakes up at 4am and works until five every day except Sunday. She doesn't like Sundays. Sundays mean that she has time to sleep in. That means she has time to dream. And dreams bring unwanted thoughts and feelings that she wished were long forgotten.

Jeongyeon always has the same dream on that Sunday. The dream where she wakes up in her idol dorm again in the bed that she shared with Momo. Momo wasn't in it because she always woke up extra early for practice and schedules. She was alone in the room. She was always alone in the room.

Then she would wake. Alone in a room that always felt unfamiliar to her at first. The bed was too small and there was no indent in the mattress where her roommate would have been.

On Sundays, Jeongyeon is alone.

---

All Nayeon can think of is the ever-approaching release date of her third solo album. She wrote every single song this time. All fifteen of them. But she wasn't so sure that the fans would enjoy the style she was going with this comeback.

Her last two albums were a mix of ballads and R&B tracks. Nothing was over the top. Everything was perfectly calculated to ensure the highest rate of sales, interest from fans and catering to her own style that she liked to listen to. This time, Nayeon had taken control over the production, recording and even some of the song composition. She wanted this to be different.

The thing is... it wasn't different at all.

All fifteen of the songs were written, composed and produced like bubble-gum-pop girl group songs.

It reminded Nayeon o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter