The Boyfriend

The Boyfriend

 

Minjoo found faults in the MV of Toshia Boyfriend.

 

For one, Chaewon and Wonyoung had two genders. And both are two-timing their girlfriend.

 

“It’s weird,” says Minjoo suddenly with a swish of her hand, the pencil on her hand accidentally flies backward until it hits Yuri, who is calmly eating her ramyeon with Wonyoung. The main vocalist yelped as the rubber end of the tool hit her square on the forehead, causing Minjoo to turn around and sputter her apologies.

 

Yuri graciously accepted her apology, but not before she tossed the pencil somewhere else. She ignored Nako’s mourn for the loss of the pencil. “It’s okay. But what’s weird?”

 

“Yeah, what’s weird?” parrots Wonyoung, pausing on her indecent slurping. It’s not every day Minjoo came barging into their dorm, suddenly demanding (asking, ASKING) Nako and Hitomi to teach her how to write hiragana and katakana, and then randomly told them something is weird.

 

Honestly, the only one who is weird here is her.

 

But Wonyoung is always up to everything questionable.

 

“You and Chaewon unnie.”

 

Hitomi’s ears perk up at the mention of her other half, but her eyes narrow in suspicion. “What about Wonyoung and Chaewon unnie?” asks the cheese-lover carefully, curiously. Nako, who sits beside her, nods; but says nothing.

 

“Well, for one they have two genders in Toshia Boyfriend,” Minjoo pauses, awaiting a reaction. When there are none, she continues with a dramatic drawl, “and both are two-timing you.”

 

Wonyoung chokes.

 

Nako reacts first by clearing . “I don’t understand why are you reacting to that now.”

 

“My question, exactly.”

 

“I only expressed it now,” says Minjoo defensively, glaring at the doubting expression her comrades are giving her, but most of her glare is directed to Yuri, whose comment wasn’t left unheard. “Don’t give me that look!” She hisses, slapping Nako lightly on her shoulder.

 

Nako doesn’t stop giving her the Look. “It’s hard not to,” she says and taps a certain letter, “And Minjoo, your writing is horrendous.”

 

“Big words for such a little child.”

 

“Says the frog.”

 

“Says the mid—“

 

A swift slap over prevented Minjoo from insulting Nako further.

 

Hitomi smiled, but her eyes are glaring at Minjoo.

 

“That’s enough,” intoned the lead dancer softly, yet Minjoo can hear the danger on her voice. Or, it’s her paranoia speaking. Being with Hitomi always leads to such things. “Now, let’s just go back to your lesson, shall we, Minjoo-sshi?”

 

At the shaky nod given by the visual, Wonyoung understands why Hitomi is the captain of 01 Liners despite being the second youngest.

 

.

.

.

 

Certainly, after her discussion is rudely shut down by her fellow 01 Liner plus Wonyoung, Minjoo attempts on confiding her worry to Yujin. Sweet, lovable, Yujin.

 

And of course, Yujin is enthusiastic.

 

“I was questioning that for a year!” Yujin exclaims a beat after Minjoo brought out the topic. The puppy-look-alike scoots closer, leaning and whispering conspiratorially to Minjoo’s ears. “I heard from Chaewon unnie the MV is a subtle love-rectangle between Hitomi unnie, Chaewon-unnie, Wonyoung, and Nako-unnie.”

 

“I think so too!” Minjoo gasps, excited. “But, I still wonder why did they decide on putting Chaewon-unnie as Wonyoung’s girlfriend and not Nako? I mean both of them are dating.”

 

“During that era no they haven’t,” Yujin sighs ruefully. “Remember? Wonyoung was still helplessly pining over Nako-unnie back then…”

 

“And Nako was still pining over Eunbi-unnie,” Minjoo copies her sigh. Both looked at each other, then sighed as one. “Bad Times,” they chorused, paused, and laughed.

 

“But the biggest mystery was – it’s a younger boyfriend. Why did Yena unnie and Chaewon unnie become the guy?”

 

“Yuri specifically asked Yena unnie to do that but I don’t know about Chaewon unnie,” Minjoo narrows her eyes, rubbing her chin in deep thought. “Hitomi has no qualms on cross-dressing and I remember Chaewon unnie threw a fit when Eunbi asked her to dress like a man.”

 

Silence envelopes them as both are deep on their own thought.

 

“Minjoo unnie?”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“I have an idea.”

 

.

.

.

 

Hitomi is running late.

 

Which is, a very uncommon occurrence; Chaewon even dared to call it outlandish.

 

The radish fairy taps her foot impatiently to the wooden floor, every second passed feels like an eternity as she glanced toward her wristwatch repeatedly. It’s perhaps already her nth time on flipping her wrist to look at the clock.

 

Hitomi is running late by thirty minutes.

 

Is Chaewon mad? Not really – how can she be mad over Hitomi? It’s impossible to be angry over the adorable cheese-lover that grows up to be a fine lady she is.

 

So is Chaewon mad? Not even a bit.

 

Rather than mad, Kim Chaewon is worried.

 

Because

 

Well,

 

Hitomi is never late.

 

Except for the time where the whole dorm 1 got a really questionable food poisoning, but it is a story for another time.

 

Anyway, our pretty radish fairy has waited for almost forty minutes and there is no sign of Hitomi everywhere, anywhere. She has probably spammed their private chatroom with the said bread worshipper and group chat but Hitomi has yet to respond.

 

Scratch that. Not even one of them responded.

 

Chaewon has the right to be mad – after witnessing how dorm 2’s occupants are lazing around on their day off when she went out earlier.

 

Are they somehow planning something? And somehow drag Hitomi with them, resulting in the said cheese-lover ditching their date?! Chaewon is willing to bet that it’s Minjoo – the frog is always up to something lately. Chaewon doesn’t know whether it’s because Minjoo has been influenced by Yena even more or it’s her true self coming to surface. Either way, whatever it is, Hitomi is probably in danger.

 

Either way, the frog is a lump of dead amphibian meat.

 

“Excuse me,”

 

Chaewon turns her head sharply, eyes narrowing at the person who dared to interrupt her important rant. She instantly remembered she’s an idol after seeing that the person isn’t wearing a waitress outfit and looked scared, even when his mask and spectacles are hiding his face. It’s a boy – maybe around Wonyoung’s age, judging by his stature.

 

Her frown instantly turns upside down and a dazzling smile appears to replace it.

 

“Yes?” Asks Chaewon sweetly, not-subtly giving the interrupter a once-over.

 

He’s dressed pretty nice for an adolescence that looked nerdy as heck. She says nerdy but he’s pretty handsome to boot, Chaewon can tell even if half of his face is covered. He has a pretty cute face that reminded her of Dohyon – or male version of Wonyoung, but shorter.

 

But unfortunately, Chaewon doesn’t chase after younger guys.

 

(Because she chases after younger girls.)

 

And, she’s loyal to a certain bread-worshipper, cheese-lover, mochi-cheeks, savage and cheeky Honda Hitomi.

 

“Um—“

 

The boy’s ears redden and Chaewon hold the urge to tell him off. If he’s going to ask for her number, what’s the best answer Chaewon should give him?

 

“How may I help you?” She asks again, doing her best on giving her best smile to the stranger.

 

The boy’s cute cheeks quiver as trembling finger pulls the mask to his jaw, two bunny teeth peeking out to sink on the healthy lower lip. His eyes are glassy—oh is he going to cry—

 

“Unnie…”

 

Pause.

 

Rewind.

 

What?

 

“I’m sorry?” Because what the .

 

“Unnie,” The boy repeats, whining. “It’s me...”

 

.

.

.

 

“It’s me… Hitomi…”

 

.

.

.

 

“What?!”

 

.

.

.

 

The reaction is expected. The reaction afterward, is definitely not expected.

 

Hitomi expected yelling or other dramatic reaction but Chaewon did none of that.

 

“Thank GOD!” Chaewon hisses, pulling cross-dressing Hitomi to sit beside her and immediately hugs her like a life-sized teddy bear. “I almost thought I’m back on the straight lane again!”

 

Hitomi opens , then quickly closes it again with a shake of her head. She notes how her unnie’s chest pressed against her currently-flat one and thinks that hey, it’s not too bad.

 

“I have no comment,” says Hitomi, pouting as the older girl pulls away. “Minjoo and Yujin kidnapped me a bit after you went home.”

 

An evil look passed by Chaewon’s expression and Hitomi suddenly feels worried for Minjoo’s and Yujin’s life. She silently prays for their health so Chaewon can punish them without any mercy later.

 

“And they dressed you up like this?”

 

“…Yes.”

 

“Without your consent?”

 

“No – I mean, with my consent,” the cross-dressing girl hurriedly answers, biting her lips. “I mean, I don’t mind dressing as a guy but… I kind of forgot I haven’t told you about this.”

 

“And this made you late for… 45 minutes, Hitoma?”

 

“…I actually arrived 5 minutes before you came but you didn’t recognize me sitting on our usual spot so…”

 

“I thought I messed up with my reservation,” Chaewon heaves a sigh, “But seriously Hitoma, you look… really handsome…” she trails off, lost on Hitomi’s fascinating brown eyes.

 

Chaewon isn’t lying. Now that she knows he’s her Hitoma (yes that’s right es Hitomi is MINE—), his attractiveness went off the charts. If she doesn’t have heart-eyes right now, then you are not looking at Chaewon. It’s either Yuri or Yena. Oh and she’s putting—

 

“Hitoma, what do you call him?”

 

Hitomi frowns, pointing at herself, copying Chaewon who is pointing at her. “Him?”

 

“Your male self.”

 

“Ah,” the lead dancer takes a moment, “…Hoshi?”

 

“…From Seventeen?

 

Hitomi blushes, looking away. “I like his name…”

 

“I admit his name is pretty, but,” Chaewon smiles as an idea struck her mind. “What about Hiroshi?”

 

The other girl can only shrug helplessly. It’s difficult to resist Chaewon when she’s in this mode.

 

“Damn right it is! Honda Hiroshi it is!”

 

So, Chaewon is definitely putting Honda Hiroshi on top of ‘100 Attractive Guys I’d Like to Date If I Were Straight’.                                                                                                                                                  

 

 .

.

.

 

“So you have to call me Noona.”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Because you’re the guy, you lead things.”

 

Hitomi’s voice grows weaker as the reddish shade on her cheeks grows darker. “Yes.”

 

“And I am the one who dresses you up?”

 

Yes.” Hitomi’s voice is almost inaudible. Chaewon can hear Hitomi cursing inside her mind.

 

“Great!” Chaewon cheers. “I’m willing to have you as my boyfriend every day!”

 

The protests sputtered are left ignored as Chaewon drags her boyfriend out of the café, and into the nearby shop to begin her first quest of the day.

 

Dressing Honda Hiroshi up: The Revenge

 

 

 

OMAKE

 

Hitomi wakes up with a foreboding feeling on the pit of her stomach.

 

Her stomach feels weird and she’s sweating bullets, and the fact that the blanket feels heavier and warmer than usual doesn’t help her either. But other than that, she feels fine. Her brain is fresh after a short but good sleep, and the muscle cramps from the previous day have gone.

 

The lead-dancer pushes her body off the bed, struggling to sit.

 

Only after she’s fully sitting on her bed she realized a guy is resting his legs on top of her lower limbs. He’s… handsome, with the little light Hitomi’s eyes can catch, and he has pretty doe-like eyes Hitomi likes very much at first glance. Although, she has to admit he looks a bit feminine for her taste and too skinny; loose t-shirt hanging off his lean shoulders. His light brown hair is parted on the left side handsomely, revealing charming forehead and elegant, arched, eyebrows.

 

The pretty guy beams a smile at her, greeting Hitomi with a light voice she knows all too well. “Good morning, Hitoma!”

 

Hitomi screamed.

 

.

.

.

 

Hitomi’s scream doesn’t cease even after Nako yelled at her to SHUT UP from outside. Or even after Chaeyeon banged the door repeatedly while asking her wellbeing.

 

Hitomi only screams louder.

 

The pretty guy laughs, clambering on top of her (which makes the scream goes a pitch higher) to straddle the lead dancer. It’s all fun until Hitomi swings out her punch and hit him square on his jaw.

 

The guy actually flies backward.

 

A distinctive squeak and Hitomi’s eyes nearly pop out.

 

“HITOMA—“ the guy howls at the same time Hitomi realizes it’s Chaewon.

 

And it’s half a second later Hitomi follows as her arm is tugged, her body propelling forward until she lands to Chaewon’s body, her face only an inch away from the older girl. Hitomi feels her face heats up as Chaewon’s hot breath fans her lips, and inappropriate thoughts start to appear.

 

Such as ravaging the mint choco lover’s lips, right here, right now.

 

Chaewon grins at her, arms snaking around her waist, pulling her closer. “Hi.”

 

The cross-dressing girl doesn’t even let Hitomi speak her mind. She inclined her head a little, and bends her neck slightly forward, her lips meeting Hitomi’s softly.

 

It’s a quick kiss, with Chaewon pulling away the same time as Hitomi overcomes her shock of getting her first kiss stolen unexpectedly. Her heart doesn’t leap when she finally kissed Chaewon. But there’s this – distinctive thump, like her heart muscle contracts in such a wonderful way it sends warmth all over her. Her muscles are affected, too; her hands are trembling when she trails her hand from Chaewon’s shoulder then to her cheeks.

 

“Good morning,” says the other girl, the tip of her ears are red.

 

It doesn’t take long for Hitomi to lose her second kiss as Chaewon leans forward again, capturing her lips the second time that morning. The second kiss is less innocent and lasted longer – more honest, and Chaewon lets out a bit of her suppressed desire. She nibbles on the lower lip, slipping her tongue past the parted lips as Hitomi releases a whimper. The younger girl moves her hands off Chaewon’s cheek, dropping them to her shoulder to grip on the fabric there, pulling and pulling. The older of the two hums, pulling her to her lap, deepening the kiss.

 

When they parted, Hitomi notes how a foreign emotion passes by the older girl’s eyes, topping the familiar gaze of love she’s very familiar with. They are silent for a few moment, both are trying to catch their breath, calming the thumps on their heart.

 

“Good morning,” Chaewon finally replies, low and breathy. 

 

Hitomi blinks, still at loss of words. “You look handsome,” she says instead.

 

“Thanks.” Chaewon beams her a smile. She observed Hitomi’s reaction and beams another smile, complete with wiggling eyebrows. “I think this solidifies my position as the boyfriend.”

 

.

.

.

 

Chaewon’s eyes widen.

 

“WAIT I TAKE THAT BACK—“

 

Too late, Hitomi is already cackling evilly.