Our Firsts

Our Firsts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Tzuyu laid in bed, her face glistened as the sunlight beamed through the steamed glass of the hotel window, enlightening the room. She glanced over and saw her new wife with her delicate orange hair covering her soft skin. ‘I am so lucky to be married to my childhood sweetheart.’ she thought as she rolled over and picked up her phone off the bedside table. 7:10am.

 

“What time is it?” A voice asked in the middle of a stretch.

 

“Good morning sleepy head,” Tzuyu giggled, turning back over to face her lover. “It's ten past seven.”

 

“Why are you up so early?” The woman asked, slowly wiping the sleep out of the corner of her eyes.

 

“You know me Chae, early sleeper and early riser.” Tzuyu said proudly as she got out of bed.

 

“Yes Tzu, I know you are,” Chaeyoung smiled softly. “But we are on our honeymoon, surely you should be able to relax and sleep in a little bit.” Chaeyoung looked at Tzuyu with her sad puppy eyes and a small pout.

 

“You’re right,” Tzuyu softly smiled back at Chaeyoung. “I guess I could do with relaxing a bit, and what better place to do it than in Paris with you.” Tzuyu crawled back onto the bed and showered Chaeyoung with pecks on her lips.

 

The couple laid in each others warm embrace for a few comfortable minutes before Tzuyu once again got up from the bed. Chaeyoung once again looked at her upset that she had left the warmth of the bed.

 

“Don’t worry my little cub,” Tzuyu giggled. “I’ll be back in a moment.” She called back as she shut the door to the bedroom they shared. ‘Now where did I put it?’ Tzuyu questioned herself trying to remember what she wanted to find.

 

“Tzuyu!” Tzuyu heard Chaeyoung whining from the bedroom. Tzuyu searched around their hotel room until finding exactly what she wanted to on the shelf behind the front door. She reached up and grabbed it, holding it tight and smiling.

 

“Don’t worry Chae, I’m coming back now” Tzuyu called back as she turned and headed towards the bedroom.

 

The door creaked, catching Chaeyoung a little off guard. Her eyes stared at the door which Tzuyu entered through. “Tzuyu!” she exclaimed, before seeing that Tzuyu was holding something. “What’s that you’re holding?” She asked, clearly confused.

 

“It's just something for you that I think we can enjoy together.” Tzuyu beamed as she went and sat on the bed, next to Chaeyoung, before placing the gift on Chaeyoung’s lap.


 

“Something for me the we can both enjoy together” Chaeyoung repeated aloud, wondering what it could be as she untied the knot in the string wrapped around the gift. She pulled away at the Hessian covering wrapped around the gift to reveal a book. “What’s this?” Chaeyoung was puzzled.

 

“Turn it over.” Tzuyu watched eagerly.

 

Chaeyoung did as she was instructed by Tzuyu. She flipped over the book to reveal a small plaque that had been stuck on the front of the large, rectangular book. Chaeyoung read the plaque and a small tear pricked her eye as she ran her fingers over the plaque. “Our firsts’…” she read before glancing at Tzuyu through teary eyes.

 

“It’s a scrapbook,” Tzuyu informed her as she got closer to Chaeyoung, wiping away the tears falling down her cheeks. “I thought we could always look back on all of our first times for things together.” Tzuyu looked down at the book.

 

“Tzu, I- You-” was all that Chaeyoung could stutter. She was lost for words at the surprised gift that Tzuyu had got for her.

 

“Why don't you turn the cover over to reveal the first page?” Tzuyu suggested.

 

Chaeyoung nodded, sniffling before turning the page and seeing six pictures under the header ‘Our First Meeting.’ She studied the pictures, remembering the moment as if it had happened yesterday.

 

“I can remember this so clearly,” Tzuyu said as she rubbed the top of Chaeyoung’s hand. “It was the day that my life would change, and only change for the better.” Tzuyu cupped Chaeyoung’s face, lifting it so Chaeyoung was looking at her, before pulling her into a deep kiss.

 

Chaeyoung sank into the kiss, cherishing every moment as long as it lasted. “I’m so glad you feel the same way,” she said once the kiss ended. “Who would have thought back then that we would be where we are now.” 

 

Tzuyu scratched the back of her nape. “I definitely wouldn't.” Tzuyu felt Chaeyoung rest her head on her shoulder, gently through Chaeyoung’s hair before pointing at the first picture. “Hey, look. This was just before that incident that brought us together for the first time.”

 

“Oh yeah, so it is,” Chaeyoung chuckled. “I can't believe I thought it was easy to climb across those monkey bars.”

 

“I couldn’t believe it when you fell off without anyone close to the monkey bars.” Tzuyu recalled.

 

“Dad was filming me not too far away, remember?” Chaeyoung asked before something started to click. “Hang on, did you get these pictures from dad?”

 

“I may have spoken to him when I was planning this scrapbook idea.” Tzuyu chuckled. “It was our first meeting after all so it made perfect sense.”

 

“I guess it does make sense.” Chaeyoung said.

 

After a few seconds of comfortable silence, Tzuyu suddenly said aloud “Do you remember those cookies I gave you?”

 

“Of course I do,” Chaeyoung replied, “they were the best cookies I have ever had. I still can't believe you were passing the playground to see your other friends to give them a plate of cookies and yet you stopped to see if I was okay, and gave me a cookie too.”

 

“It was the least I could do, I wanted to make sure you were okay and I wanted to be your friend.” Tzuyu blu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter