Troubling Valentine's Day

Troubling Valentine's Day

 

As Sowon was in the bus going in town she rolled her eyes at all the couples she met, today was valentine’s day and she was only seeing happy couples all around, it was kinda annoying when she was herself single and never really dated anyone long enough to share this romantic day with a partner.

 

So yes Sowon was annoyed to see them all so happy with their lover when she never could feel that. The bus stopped and Sowon almost missed her stop. She got down and looked around she was supposed to meet her best friend. Eunha called some minutes ago asking Sowon to go out and Sowon immediately agree. At least spending the day with her favorite person on earth would make this day way better.

 

Sowon spotted the short girl sitting in their favorite coffee shop terrace. Sowon walked to her and Eunha looked up at her and smiling.

 

“Finally you are here.” said the short girl and Sowon rolled her eyes.

 

“It only took me 10 minutes to arrive.”

 

“The 10 longest minutes of my life.” groaned Eunha as she handed Sowon a drink.

 

“Thanks” smiled Sowon drinking and looking around.

 

Eunha frowned. “Look they got this cute cup with hearts, me I just got the simple cut because I’m single.” she said clearly annoyed.

 

Sowon laughed she was sure her best friend was as much annoyed than her by all those happy couples.

 

“Look!” exclaimed Eunha again. “They have a cute heart shaped cake with cute candles!” she said clearly jealous. “I got my usual cheesecake and no hearts or cute candles for me.” she said pouting.

 

Sowon looked around and stood up she walked to the counted and talked to the waiter, he nodded and gave her something. When Sowon came back she put a candle and a little heart decoration on Eunha’s piece of cheesecake.

 

“Here now your cheesecake is the cutest.” smiled Sowon.

 

Eunha was clearly happy by the gesture and smiled shyly. “Your the best best friend ever.” she said eating her cake then she looked at Sowon. “I know, let’s do that!” she said excited suddenly.

 

“Do what?” asked Sowon lost. She would usually read her best friend quite easily but right now she didn’t know what Eunha was talking about.

 

“All this valentine’s stuff.” said Eunha looking around. “Why would only the couples enjoy this day and have the cute cakes and cute toys and enjoy the romantic movies, we can do that too.” said Eunha.

 

“You want to do all those romantic stuff but like as friend?” asked Sowon trying to follow her friend’s idea.

 

Eunha nodded. “Why not? it will be nice and we can make fun of all those stupid couples.” she added in a lower voice winking at Sowon.

 

Sowon smiled. “Why not, we have nothing more interesting to do anyway.” she said and Eunha almost jumped from her chair as she was happy.

 

“I want everything today!” she said then they payed and left.

 

The first stop was the mall, Eunha wanted chocolates, it was valentine’s day so she deserved chocolates too. Sowon let her go first and went on her own way to another aisle. 

 

Eunha choose a big box of chocolate the one with a heart shape, probably the most sold these days, she wanted to be a cliché today so she went for it, she looked around and realised Sowon hadn’t followed her. Not wanting her friend to be without any chocolates she bought a nice box for Sowon too, one with the tall girl’s favorites chocolates in, then she took her phone and messaged Sowon that she finished and would wait for her outside.

 

Eunha sat in front of the mall on a bench and opened the heart shaped box and started to eat some chocolates as she waited for Sowon. When the tall girl finally came out Eunha waved at her so Sowon walked to her sat beside her.

 

“Here for you.” said Eunha giving the box she got for her best friend.

 

Sowon seemed surprised. “Thanks.” she said then she opened her backpack. “I also got something for you.” she said smiling.

 

Sowon took out a nice red gift box with a nice ribbon.

 

“What is it?” asked Eunha surprised.

 

“Well it’s valentine’s day so I thought you would want some cute gifts.” said Sowon. “Open it.” 

 

Eunha bit her lips to hide how huge she wanted to smile right now. She slowly and carefully took out the ribbon and opened the box. She find some flowers, they smelled so nice, a cute teddy bear and around the teddy bear was two bracelets.

 

“It’s not a love bracelets.” said immediately Sowon realising it could be misunderstood.

 

Eunha took them out and smiled. “It’s best friend bracelets.” she said as they talked about buying some before but never did. Eunha took Sowon’s forearm and put the bracelet around the tall girl’s wrist.

 

Then Eunha gave the other bracelet to Sowon and offered her wrist to Sowon to put it. They both smiled at their matching bracelet.

 

“Thank you.” said Eunha really touched by Sowon’s gift.

 

“So what now?” asked Sowon as she started eating some chocolates from the box Eunha bought her.

 

Eunha looked around it was the end of the afternoon. “Let’s find the most romantic restaurant.” she proposed taking her phone out. “I want the cutest and most romantic dinner ever.” said Eunha determined. 

 

They looked at the best reviews and find a fancy and romantic restaurant. It wasn’t that close so Sowon put the boxes in her backpack and they walked to the closed bus stop and waited for the next bus. 

 

As they arrived it was still early so it was calm, Sowon loved it better when places where empty than when it was the rushing time and that it was full of people. They asked for a table for two.

 

“We really want a romantic dinner.” added Sowon to make sure the waiter treat them like all the other couples.

 

“Will you follow me, we have the perfect table for you ladies.” he politely said as he walked them to a nice table. The decoration was sumptuous, it was a really nice place and for that day it looked very romantic.

 

“It’s perfect here.” said Eunha looking around amazed. “Couples that come here must feel in a very special atmosphere.” said Eunha.

 

“Yeah.” agree sowon looking round too. “Everything here feel so delicate and gentle. It feels like love.” she said then they both giggled at themself to be in such a mood just for a restaurant. “I’m glad we came today, it’s fun.” said Sowon smiling at Eunha who nodded happily.

 

“They better put heart decorations on each food I order.” added the short girl and they laughed.

 

They agree to order anything that make them happy and enjoy their meal. Eunha was happy that they served them like a couple, she got the heart shaped food and everything else, she even got nice candles on her desert that she shared with Sowon. Everything was made for them to enjoy their food together and share everything. The music was soft and nice, both girls felt relaxed and happy. The lovely atmosphere and the nice food was filling their hearts.

As the bill came Sowon looked at it, it wasn’t as expensive as she expected but still it was a lot, she got ready to pay half so it’s less money spend for both of them, they were used to share or one would pay then next time the other so it wasn’t a big deal. But Eunha gave her credit card to the waiter before Sowon had time to do anything.

 

“You crazy?!” she asked lowly. “It’s a lot of money, we should share.”

 

Eunha shook her head. “No I want to invite you, for thanking you. You agree to do this silly valentine’s date with me so it’s the least I can do.” said Eunha sincerely.

 

“You don’t have to do that, you now I would agree to anything you suggest.” answered Sowon as it was evident.

 

“Really?” asked Eunha a little surprised, she knew Sowon was her best friend, her closest friend and would always support and help her but those words touched her so deeply.

 

“Of course I would do anything for you.” said Sowon before realising it was maybe weird to say that to her best friend. “You are my best friend Eunha.” she added smiling.

 

“You are my best friend too.” answered Eunha.

 

They finally left the restaurant their tummy full of nice food and hesitated on what to do next. They looked around and saw couples walking hand in hand to the cinema.

 

“A movie!” exclaimed Eunha happily. “Let’s go see a romantic comedy!” she said almost jumping in excitement.

 

Sowon smiled and nodded, she took Eunha’s hand in hers and they walked to the waiting line with the other couples. By the time it was their time to buy tickets they had time to decide what movie to watch, there was some romantic movie, a drama and some action movies.

 

The choice would be between the two romantic movies and Sowon let Eunha choose. They arrived and Sowon payed this time she also asked for popcorn and drinks. Hands full of snacks they went to the dark room.

 

Some couples were already there but it wasn’t as full as Sowon expected and it was better like that. They started eating the popcorn while all the new teasers passed on the big screen. Some seats in front of them a couple was kissing passionately. Even a little too much passionately.

 

Sowon made a disgusted face at them then looked at Eunha and smiled. She took some pop corn in hand and throw it on them.

 

“Go get a room!” she whispered then bend to hide behind her seat. Eunha laughed and hide too before the couple see them. Luckily it was dark and they weren’t too close to them.

 

They both giggled. When the movie started they sat back correctly and started watching it. The couple started to make out again, the girl even went on the boys laps and another couple closer to them asked them to stop or go out.

 

They groaned but stood up and left. Sowon and Eunha laughed at them, then when they were definitely gone they focused back on the movie. 

 

It was a funny and cute movie, Sowon enjoyed it but at the end Eunha was teary eyes and Sowon looked at her and laughed.

 

“It’s not sad Eunha!” she said in a teasing tone and Eunha laughed.

 

“You dummy, you know it’s happy tears.” said Eunha playfully hitting Sowon’s arm.

 

Sowon smiled. “I know.” she said hugging the short girl and brushing her tears away. Everyone slowly started to get up to leave but the girls took their time. Once Eunha totally dried her tears they stood up, they were alone in the big room, the last couple to go out. As soon as they left the room the light was killing them and Eunha hide into Sowon’s chest.

 

Sowon let her arm circle her best friend and they walked to the exit. It was normal for them, they were close friend, best friend and would spend most of their time together but right now it felt more intimate maybe Sowon was feeling like that because of all this friend date thing…

 

Once they were out it was completely dark, they walked under the streetlights and Eunha took Sowon’s hand in hers.

 

“It was great, no date would be better than.” said Eunha sincerely.

 

Sowon smiled. “Well for now but I’m sure you will like valentine’s day better when you will have a boyfriend.” she said.

 

“I don’t know, at least you, you know me by heart, you understand me and love me.” said Eunha looking down. “Not sure any boyfriend could be as good as you with me.” she said then she laughed softly.

 

Sowon blushed, she wasn’t sure why but hearing those words did something in her stomach.

“I’m your best friend and you are my best friend, nothing will be stronger than that.” said Sowon.

 

“Nothing.” agreed Eunha as they continued to walk. They arrived to Eunha’s house and the girls stopped on the front door.

 

Eunha faced Sowon and smiled. “Thank you.” she just said and Sowon knew, she knew what Eunha was thanking her for.

 

“Thank you too.” just answered Sowon knowing Eunha understood too.

 

“I love you.” said Eunha getting on her tip toe to give quick a kiss on Sowon’s cheek.

 

“I love you too.” smiled Sowon her cheek way more red than usual, Eunha probably saw it because she blushed too. “You are cute.” added Sowon and Eunha giggled.

 

“If it was a real date you would kiss me goodnight right now.” said Eunha swallowing hard and looking down.

 

Sowon bit her lips and hesitated. “If it was a real date I would have kissed you all day.” she said and Eunha looked up at her.

 

Their eyes meet and they both blushed. As they stared at each other it felt so intimate and deep, Sowon felt like Eunha could read into her soul.

 

“I really love you, you know.” added Eunha breaking eye contact and looking briefly at Sowon’s lips.

 

“Me too, more than anything.” said Sowon closing the distance between them and let her lips meet Eunha’s. Eunha immediately grabbed Sowon’s neck to keep her close as she kissed her back.

 

Eunha’s lips were soft and sweet, tasted popcorn and Sowon smiled into their kiss making Eunha smile too. 

 

Neither of them wanted the kiss to stop. Eunha was hungrily kissing her best friend under her porch and she didn’t mind about anything else but the feeling of her tongue into Sowon’s mouth. It was warm and wet. Their breath into each other was the best feeling Eunha even felt.

 

After some minutes they calmed down and broke the kiss, resting their forehead against each other. They both cutely giggled at what just happened.

 

“Best valentine’s day ever.” said Sowon smiling brightly.

 

“And not the last.” added Eunha. “I wish to spend all the valentine’s days of my life with you.”

 

Sowon kissed Eunha gain quickly. “And I wish to spend the rest of my life with you.” 

 

Eunha suddenly turned around and took her keys in her bag, she opened the door. “I have something for you.” she said as she went inside some minutes and came back almost running.

 

She gave Sowon an envelope. Sowon hesitated but opened it. It was a valentine’s day card, it was cute, she opened it and read le letter.

 

“Today is valentine’s day, the day of the lovers and since some times now my feelings for you Sowon changed, they became stronger and different from friendship. I’m falling for you little by little and I can’t help it.

I hope you will agree to be my valentine and also my girlfriend.

I love you deeply, Eunha.”

 

Sowon stayed silent so Eunha panicked. “I wanted to give you this today but I forgot it and it ruined everything so I was mad and seeing all those couples didn’t help… So I suggested this friend date to be able to spend the day with you and at least have you as my valentine even if it was only as friend…” explained Eunha.

 

“You made all this up for tricking me into being your valentine?” asked Sowon arching an eyebrow.

 

“I’m sorry I just didn’t had the courage to confess without my letter and I didn’t know what to do, I just wanted to be with you today…” said Eunha sadly.

 

Seeing her best friend looking down Sowon smiled and put her hand on Eunha’s chin. “Hey…” she whispered. “It was really romantic of you to do all this.” said Sowon smiling. “I had an amazing valentine’s day thanks to you. I love you and I’m glad you did all you did today.” said Sowon.

 

“You’re not mad?” asked Eunha unsure.

 

“Mad?” asked Sowon laughing. “How to be mad at you?” she asked taking Eunha’s face and bringing her close to kiss her again.

 

They kissed till Sowon shivered because of the cold breeze. Eunha saw it and opened the door. “Wanna come in and finish the day as a couple this time?” she asked with a seductive tone. Sowon bit her lips but smiled.

 

“I thought you would never ask.” she said smiling before kissing Eunha again and pulling her inside before closing the door behind them…


 

FIN