one

Isn't She Lovely
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Junmyeon, San Diego. 

The loud chants and cheers of the fans were still ringing in his ears even after they've come back to their hotel that night. It was the second to the last leg of their North America tour and while he still enjoyed performing, there was just something about being in the quiet.

It's in the quiet that he can spend time with the people he loves, most especially his girlfriend. He and Joohyun could only date in the quiet. Being in the industry that they were in, loud proclamations of love and public displays of affection weren't acceptable. To the public they were Suho the leader and Irene the leader, there was no space for any of that so they could only do it in the quiet. And over time, he had grown accustomed to the quiet to the point that he craved it whenever it became too noisy for him.

Joohyun was his quiet. 

After a quick shower and a change of clothes, he grabbed his phone to check if he had any messages. Scrolling through a bunch from his friends, he got to her name but the last messages he had left were still unanswered, seen. 

When she didn't wish him luck before the concert, he was already starting to feel something heavy in his stomach. Contrary to her image as the ice queen, Joohyun was probably the most thoughtful, sweetest woman he had met. She would always text him and call whenever she could. From cute good morning messages to those cute random texts out of the blue to long messages of good luck and congratulations, she sends them all so it was quite unusual for him to not be getting anything at all from her.

He tried calling her once and then twice. But her phone was left unanswered. He tried to remember her schedule and thought that maybe he was just wrong and that she had something today but nothing was coming to mind. Maybe she really did have a schedule and that he was just too tired to remember. He sent her another text. 

You must be busy, nae sarang. I’m heading off to bed now because I’m exhausted. Good night from here. I love you.

He shouldn't worry, right? She would always about being a worry wart. So with a heavy heart, he willed himself to sleep, his dreams full of his girlfriend back in Seoul. 

The minute he woke up, he checked his phone but his calls were still not returned and there were no messages from her.

Ah right, it was still dawn in Seoul. 

You must be tired from your schedule and you're probably already sleeping. Sleep well, my love. Give me a call when you wake up, okay? I love you. 

Junmyeon spent the day with s, trying to push the worried thoughts to the back of his head. He tried to distract himself by not looking at his phone and focusing on s. They had lunch together and did a little shopping. It all felt like moot though because at the end of the day, he shopped for more stuff for her than for himself.

Jongin invited him to have dinner with them too but he declined. After a bit of teasing from the members about him spending the whole night facetiming their Joohyun noona, they let him stay in his hotel room. 

However, he was still unsuccessful in getting a message from her. He lost count of how many texts he had sent and the times he had checked the time and wondered what she was probably doing.

He called her again. Still no answer. His worries began to weigh heavy in his heart and he couldn’t stop himself from finally asking her what was wrong. It was so unlike her to not respond to him that long.

Are you okay, Joohyun? Is something wrong?

You're making me worried. Please answer my messages. 

Feeling helpless, he decided to finally call her manager. He answered on the third ring. 

"Hyung." 

"Ah, Junmyeon-ah. How was the tour going? How are you?" 

"It's going alright, hyung. I… uh…" 

"You looking for Joohyun?" the older man asked with a chuckle. They were both lucky that the managers and the staff around them were supportive. Although tight lipped, they always looked out for the two and their relationship. 

"Yeah, hyung. I'm sorry. She just...she wasn't answering my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter