[4:03]

Description

Yunho drabble I wrote because I was bored.

*cross posted on my tumblr: yunhoezz*

*DO NOT repost*

Enjoy!

Foreword

[4:03]

pairing: yunho x reader

genre: angst 

As the music blared through your headphones, you found yourself focusing less and less on the walk to work. Instead your head was full of summer nights where the weather was just perfect, and the company was somehow even better. Throughout the duration of his trip overseas, Yunho could barely spend a day away from you. 

From the moment he laid eyes on you at the small restaurant you worked in, he was a goner. He frequented the restaurant with his friends, hoping that you would be his server, and that maybe one day you would agree to go out with him. You often wonder how different things would have been had you stuck with the first no you had given him. Something tells you he still wouldn’t have given up.

Yunho played every bit the part of the clueless tourist, insisting you showed him all the ins and outs of the city you call home. He would make the long and tiring shifts waiting on people bearable. Knowing that at the end of your shift, Yunho would be waiting to walk you home. You told yourself that things with Yunho were just a summer fling and nothing more, but all of the mornings you spent waking up to his long arms draped protectively around you begged to differ. Instead he became the man you told everything to, laughed with, and introduced to your friends.

A cold winter breeze blew past you, reminding you of your current surroundings. You were still working at that same restaurant, however so much else had now changed. It had been five months since you had said goodbye to Yunho, but not a single one of those days had passed that you didn’t regret how things ended. The walls had come up all around you, terrified of what a long distance relationship would be like, if the two of you would be able to handle it, or how you would handle Yunho finding someone better than you. Instead of letting yourself be potentially hurt, you broke the heart of the first man you ever loved by telling him that you would like to end things and try to be friends instead. Yunho was reeling when you told him this, and the two of you parted ways with him promising he would think about it with a shaky voice and teary eyes.

Yunho had gotten back to you a month or so later, agreeing to try to be friends. He would often send you updates on how things were going with him, and you would as well. Your chest tightened at the thought of the latest update you received, a photo of Yunho and his new girlfriend. In the photo his arm was lazily draped around her shoulder, and the pair both offered the camera a goofy smile, absolutely smitten.

With a heavy sigh, you pulled open the door to the restaurant.