Negotiations

Bad Dates Bad
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Why am I being summoned here?" Ask the girl who just got out of her Lamborghini Veneno, she looked at the butler who had been waiting for her outside the big mansion.

"Your father heard about your..." The old man hesitates to talk, thinking of a better way to describe. "... Recent activities." He said. 

The girl grins a wicked one. She brushed her pink hair using her fingers, checked her reflection on her car window, and then finished making her appearance look better by fixing her leather jacket.

"There's no need sugar-coating those activities, I take pride in those." She said and walked towards the mansion. 

As she enters the said place she stopped at the center of the hall, looking around, the spacious living room with the big chandelier hanging and the grand staircase leading to two sides.

"Home sweet home." She whispered. 

She didn't waste time and went to her father's study room, she didn't bother asking the maids where he is because if he's at home he's always in his study room. 

"I, Kim Minju, have arrived!" She announced joyfully as she entered the room. Her father is in his chair busy with all those paper works, still in that place just like the last time she saw him. 

"You're here." Her father said in a monotonous voice. He stopped reading and stood up, went to his stacks of whiskey to pour himself a drink. 

Minju let herself relax on one of the sofas, scanning her father. It's been two years since she last saw him. Her father is no doubt a handsome man, she clearly got her looks from him but today it looks like aging is noticeably visible from him. She watched as he lit one cigarette and went to sit on the other sofa facing her. 

"You're getting old," Minju said, keeping her cheerful tone but traced with sadness. 

Her father sits in a very classy way, having his legs crossed, one hand holding his cigarette and the other holding his whiskey. 

"I called you here to report Minju." He said in a very serious tone. "What did you do in Italy?" He asked. 

Minju acts oblivious, shrugging like she doesn't know what he was talking about but is actually smiling. She spend a year in Italy with her friends, encountered some competitors, and did what she thought her father would do, eliminate them. 

"I did nothing." She said nonchalantly. 

The man sighed. He already knew everything but he wanted to hear it coming directly from her daughter. 

"I've read an article from Japan, saying some innocent people are being tortured by foreigners." He said and waited for Minju's reaction. 

The girl laughed. 

"Oh, that one!" She exclaimed then proceeded on laughing again. "I can't believe the part where they said 'being tortured by foreigners' It was Sakura unnie who did that! Technically she's not a foreigner in her own homeland." She said and laughed. 

She happened to visit a friend from Japan at that time and to welcome her they showed her people from the opposing organization, they aren't innocent people the article lied so they just get rid of them. 

"My dear, what about last week?" He asked and drinks. "That was a disaster." He added. 

An evil smile was plastered on Minju's lips. 

"The massacre?" She asked as she remembers what happened. "Don't worry, the media won't know about it. I made sure of it." She explained. 

"Fifteen people died Minju, What exactly happened?" 

"It was plainly self-defense. I just got back from New York and they tried to kill me! I just got out of the airport and they surrounded me, gladly, I was with Sakura unnie and Hyewon unnie. They helped me exterminate those pests!" Annoyance can be seen in her face as she tells her father what happened.

The man just nods. Taking another puff from his cigarette. Waiting for her daughter to calm down, a lot of things ran in his mind with all the news about his daughter.

She's slowly entering the world he's ruling.

Wondering if it's a good thing or not. Being the heiress, it's already expected for Minju to take over once unexpected things happen. But she's his precious daughter after all and having her involved in this world means danger, as a father he wants her to be safe.

The world of the mafia is not something you can come in easily just because you like it. It's not a place where you want to just act and look cool, things here happen in a very ugly way where killings, tortures, and assassinations exist.

After knowing everything about what Minju did these past years he can't help but feel proud! And it's even a great sight to see her enjoying these things! But as a father, he doubts himself, is it normal to be this proud if you found out that your daughter is killing people?

"You're smiling." Minju caught her father smiling. "Admit it, I did a good job right?" She added raising her one brow twice with a grin on her lips.

The man can't help but laugh at the exact carbon copy and girl version of himself in front of him. She didn't just get his good looks.

"You have the hint of the devil in your eyes, Minju." He said, thinking that she got that on him too! "You little devil." He called her.

The two laughed and started chatting about stuff that have happened from her trips around the world. He gave her the liberty to enjoy whatever she likes and Minju spend a lot of her time traveling. 

She should be at the age of attending classes in a university but Minju is a smart kid ever since she's a little girl, maybe she got it from her father too. So instead of wasting her time being confined in one place, she choose to observe the world of mafia from a worldwide view.

"I plan on visiting Tokyo again next month, a lot of the fallen are hiding there and I would like to wrap things up immediately before they rat us out." Minju started discussing her motives with her father. 

"Can you even handle a task like that?" Her father doubted. 

"C'mon, I've been chasing them for years! Of course, I can." Minju answered. 

The man just laughed at Minju being excited about going out for her missions. She's really into knowing things about the mafia. He never taught her about a single thing so she was determined to learn it on her own by traveling. 

And so her father decided. 

"How about staying here in Korea for a while?" He started asking. He already finished his glass of whiskey so he stood up and fill it more. 

"Ohhh, does old age really makes you feel lonely? Now wanting me to keep you company here?" Minju said teasing her father. "Don't worry I'll still come to visit you from time to time." She added and laughed.

"I'll start teaching you about our business, how I maintain being on top. The secret of being strong." Her father didn't beat around the bush and started telling her about his decision. 

As she heard those words coming out from her father's lips, she can't help but rejoice! Her eyes and mouth were opened widely due to shock. This is what she wanted and finally, it's already happening! 

"But if you insist on just chasing those people, I won't stop you." He added after seeing her daughter being speechless from the news he just said. 

"No! No no no no!" Minju stood up and walks closer to him. "I'll stay!" She exclaimed, worried that her father might take back what he said. 

Chasing the fallen and executing them was a fun thing to do but it doesn't give her more knowledge about how things work and now that her father decided to start training her she would gladly stay. 

They discussed the details, time for lessons, the time for 'field works' or hunting, and mostly the time for training. 

After the meeting with her father, Minju called her friends to meet outside and Hyewon suggested meeting at a cafe. So she went on her way and saw Sakura and Hyewon already eating the foods they ordered.

"Is Chaewon not here yet?" Minju asked as she sits on the other side facing the two. 

The purpose of them gathering is to meet Chaewon. Minju always travels with Sakura and Hyewon, her clique is composed of four people and Chaewon is one of them. She just has a lot of work here in Korea so she doesn't have the time to travel with them.

"She texted me she's on her way, but that was an hour ago," Sakura told her.

Minju nodded and proceeded on ordering her food, as she waits she started telling her friends about her good news.

"So, I'll cross out Japan for next month? Wait crossing out all travel plans for the next 6 months." Hyewon said while busily adjusting her schedule on her phone.

"Well, you guys can still go if you want," Minju suggested. She feels bad canceling all their trips when she's the one who planned it and just dragged the two of them.

"It's fine. We'll have this time annoying our little Chaewon." Sakura evilly smiled.

"She's too busy she's not even hanging out with us lately," Minju added.

"Well, she's already the one managing their business after her parents died sooo.." Hyewon stating facts.

The group was silenced. 

They felt bad enjoying things without Chaewon and can't do anything about it. She's the only child and when her parents were assassinated she was put on the CEO chair immediately. Their parents are all business partners making it to them being friends. 

Kang Hyewon enjoys her time freely even though her parents died, she has an older brother taking care of everything so she's out on the bothersome business world. It may look like she's doing nothing but she's actually taking care of their business at the underground. 

On the other hand, Miyawaki Sakura is the black sheep of the family. She has so many brothers that can inherit her father's position and all they ask for her is to stay out of danger and be the little sweet and pretty sister. But she strongly believes that 'trouble' is her last name. 

"Anyway, unnies.." Minju called for their attention. "About the Jang company, have you found where they're hiding?" She asked. 

They've been hunting this group for almost 3 years, they are listed as the number one on the fallen list. They're the reason why the empire was almost destroyed, an ally turned enemies.

"Last time I checked, they're somewhere here in Korea. Still hiding." Hyewon said.

"They must have heard that you're hunting them that's why they're really keeping things low," Sakura added.

Minju was about to talk when someone entered the cafe in a very loud way, the girl who entered angrily look at the people in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter