[1] New Year

New year, Sunrise, Sunset.

   Never did I thought that I'll spend New Year's Eve and the First Sunrise with A stranger. And How I wish I can spend my last Sunset with her.

   It all started with my Girlfriend's New Year's Eve party. Like any other party it's very loud, messy and filled with wasted people we don't even know off.

 

   | 9:25 pm, December 31, 2019 |

 

 

   "Oh, Mina come here. I would like you to meet my dear cousin. Kim Dahyun." My Girlfriend Chaeyoung said.

 

   "You must be Mina. Hi, I'm Kim Dahyun you can call me Dahyun." The Blonde girl said.

 

   "You must be really close to having Chaeyoung speak highly of you Dahyun." I said to her.

 

    She chuckles and then said. "Well she is my Cousin and I've seen her in the worse times."

 

    "Well, Babe can you please keep company Dubs cause I have other guests to entertain." Chaeyoung said as she kisses my cheeks then she proceeds to the pool of people dancing to the song Roxanne.

 

   "Out of all the party songs Chaeyoung really picked that song." I muttered under my breathe.

 

   "Pardon."

 

   "Oh, it's nothing I'm just really sick of this song." I answered Dahyun.

 

   "Glad to know I'm not the only one." She commented. I just laugh at her jokes and little grammatical mistakes cause shes a little bit tipsy.

 

 

   | 10:10 pm, December 31, 2019 |

 

 

   Its been a while since a have a decent/enjoyed someone's company. It's not like I don't enjoy Chaeyoungs nor did I like it. It's just that Dahyun gives a different vibe.

 

   "Uhm Miss Mina how about you talk about yourself since I've been talking about myself." Dahyun suddenly said.

 

   "Wha- why? Are we on a blind date?" I asked in a very questioning voice.

 

   "Do you want it to be one?" She fired back.

 

   "Just to tell you, Miss Kim, since I think you kinda forgot about it. I Myoui Mina is your cousin's girlfriend." I said in much confidence.

 

   "Well, I think my so-called cousin or your so-called girlfriend forgot that she's in a relationship with you Miss Myoui." Dahyun said while pointing at Chaeyoung flirting with Momo.

 

   I knew it. I knew it. I said to myself as I tried to reach a bottle of vodka. As I reach the bottle of vodka I didn't hesitate to open it up and chug the liquid inside the bottle. But before I can do it Dahyun grab hold my hand tight and stopped me from opening the bottle.

 

   "Mina. Drinking will only make it worse." Dahyun said.

 

   "I know Dahyun. I know. I'm not that dumb." I told her.

 

   "Well if your not that dumb then you can answer my simple questions." She said.

 

   "Just let your feelings out. Answer my question if you think your answer is correct." She added.

 

   "Dahyun I might take up your time." Dahyun then looked at her watch and said: "Well time check its 10:15 pm and we still have like 2 more hours before 2020 so I think we still have time." She said in a Cheeky way.

 

   "Well then fire away." I give up with Kim Dahyun. "What do you hate the most in this party?" She Asked.

 

   "The fact that my girlfriend is flirting with my best friend." I said in a joking way.

   

   "You sure?"

 

   "Yes."

 

   "Well for me its the fact that Roxanne is playing in repeat." She said. "Wanna go outside to get a breathing?" She added.

 

   "I would love to." And with that, she holds my hand and guided me outside the party.

 

 

   | 10:46 pm, December 31, 2019 |

 

   

   We arrived at Chaeyoung's backyard where there was a big treehouse that looked over their house. It was big- no scratch that it was huge on the outside but when we climb up inside it was broken. Shards of glass everywhere, A broken roof, broken picture frames that probably contains a lot of broken memorize.

 

   "Its been a while since I was at home." I heard Dahyun murmured.

 

   "Where are we?" I asked her.

 

   "Home or what's left of it." She said while looking above the stars. I saw a single teardrop sliding down her cheek and onto a broken picture frame that contains a picture of what looks like baby Dahyun, Tzuyu, and Chaeyoung together hand in hand.

 

   "Dubu?", "Hyunie?" I heard multiple voices calling Dahyun.

 

   "Unnies?" Dahyun voiced out.

 

   "DAHYUN!" Said the two girls running towards Dahyun like there's no tomorrow.

 

   "Jihyo unnie, Nayeon unnie what are you doing here." Dahyun said as she quickly wipes her tears away. "What re you doing here unnies?" She added.

 

   "We've been looking everywhere for you since the news broke out that you're here." Jihyo said.

 

   I chortled when Nayeon said "Dahyunieeeee!!! Unnie misses you!" in her cute little voice.

 

   And because of that, the two acknowledged my presence. "Mina! What are you doing here???" Jihyo asked surprised with my presence. "Aren't you supposed to be with Chaeyoung?" Nayeon said as if she was reading Jihyo's mind.

 

   "I'm keeping this little bean company." I said with such pride.

 

   "Her. Company. Here in their treehouse." Jihyo said while pointing at Dahyun then me then the treehouse.

 

   "Is this real Jihyo. Is this our dubu. Are we gonna share our little tofu with Minari?"

 

   "Nope." Dahyun said popping the p in nope.

 

   "What why?" I asked her.

 

   "I was never theirs, to begin with."

 

   "Uhmmmm Nayeon unnie I think Jeongyeon is finding us We should go na." Jihyo said while pulling Nayeon to the ladder.

 

   "Wha- I told Jeongie that I'm going here." Said Nayeon trying to remove Jihyo's hand.

 

   "Nayeon unnie Lets go." Jihyo said looking at Nayeons eyes.

 

   "Ohh Yeahhhh Dubuuuu we'll leave you two alone, for now, remember to go down before 12 okay." Nayeon said in a hurry while going down.

 

 

   | 11:27 pm, December 31, 2019 |

 

 

   And when Nayeon and Jihyo were out of sight we cleaned up the place so we can move freely without hurting ourselves. "Time check 11:27 pm" Dahyun said while checking her phone. "Oh yeah, I'll set an alarm exactly at 12." She continued.

 

   "Dahyun." I called her.

 

   "What's wrong Mina?"

 

   "Do you believe in that saying?"

   "What saying?"

   "The one where they say that is you waited for the sun to rise you should make a wish and it will come true."

 

   "Ohhh that one. Yeah, I know that one but I never really tried it." Dahyun said while looking at her phone. "But I badly want to do it since you know knew decade and everything." She continued while looking at the sky that will soon be filled with fireworks.

 

   "Did you know it's my first time spending new year away from my Family." Dahyun stated.

 

   "You always spend new years eve with your family?" I asked her.

 

   "Yep. I believe that we should always start our year with the right people for or with someone special." She said looking at me. Staring at my eyes. Like shes looking directly at my soul.

 

   "I'm so sorry you shouldn't spend new years eve with me Dahyun-ah." I said without breaking eye contact.

 

   "Don't be sorry. I think spending it with you it's alright." She said softly. Softly that if there are people around us I might not hear it. Softly like her personality. Softly like how her eyes are looking at me. Softly like how she's leaning forward making the gap between us smaller. Softly like how her lips are pressed into mine.

 

   Everything was happening so fast. From my girlfriend flirting with my best friend to Dahyun kissing me. I wanted to run away. I wanted to stop myself from tasting this sweet thing called Dahyuns Lips. It happened so fast that I didn't know what I'm even doing. It happened so fast that I didn't even know that I was staring at her eyes and lips for like 30 minutes. It happened so fast that I wanna slow downtime at this moment.

 

   The moment where the skies were painted with different colors. The moment where everything feels right. The moment where I knew that I did something right at the start of 2020. The moment I kissed a stranger at exactly 12 o'clock and that moment I realized that I already fall in love with this stranger. Everything happened so fast that I didn't know what I'm doing. All I knew at that time as she was about to pull away but I didn't want it to end so I deepen the kiss.

 

   Everything felt so right that we only parted when we heard the alarm that Dahyun set. Feeling the gap between us I looked down hold my lip trying to forget what happened for the past 5 minutes. Until I heard a light chuckle.

 

   "I thought I set the alarm for 12 but set it at 12:05. My bad I guess." She said then proceeded to laugh. When her laughter died down she looked at me with those magical eyes but it wasn't like the first one the one that looked at my soul. Her eyes hold an apologetic look.

 

   "Yeah about the kiss... I'm sorry... I didn't mean it."

 

   "No, no. It's alright. You did start the kiss but I deepen it." I said making my voice unheard at the last sentence.

 

   "I- I never really thought I'll kiss my cousin's girlfriend."

 

   "Well, I guess we're even."

 

   "I guess." She said while looking at the pool. "Do you maybe want to go somewhere?" she continued.

 

   "I would love to."

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WELL THATS THE FIRST PART OF THE ONE SHOT!!!!!!! I HOPE YOU GUYS LIKE IT UWU!!! leave a comment down below of what you think of Part NEW YEAR!