fin

you’re what i want so what more can i ask for?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongho was trying his hardest to pay attention in class, but the persistent ache in his chest was reminding him that he had to leave and go home soon if he wanted to spare the shirt he was wearing. But alas, he had fifteen minutes left of class and he couldn’t just walk out when his professor was delivering details about their midterm. He needed to write down every scrap of information he could or he would forget. Forgetfulness was something he had developed when he’d had his baby. Sleep deprivation and most of his time being taken up by his own little human were large factors in that and so note-taking and reminders had become his saving grace. Without them, he would surely be failing all of his classes. 

His professor droned on about what would be on the midterm and while Jongho jotted down what he heard, he was grimacing at the immense pressure he felt. He discreetly fiddled with the straps of his nursing bra in hopes that it would alleviate some pressure and while it did help a little, there was still so much discomfort felt. He really needed to leave and fix what was going on and luckily, this ordeal had lined up with his daughter's feeding schedule. So once he was done with this class he was going straight home and sitting on his couch so he could feed his daughter to her fill. 

He missed her greatly. Jiwoo was almost two months old and while he wanted to spend all of his time in the day with her, he had classes to attend if he wanted to continue and pursue his master's degree in marine biology. He had one more semester to finish and he was feeling all that pressure on him now as a senior. Jiwoo had come as a surprise but she was welcomed happily and now Jongho couldn’t imagine life without her. She had some pretty horrible timing, but now she was Jongho’s favorite person. Besides Mingi of course. 

Jongho tapped his pencil against his desk, using the rubber end to dull the noise as he counted down the minutes, doing his best not to shift too much and bother those around him who were still listening intently. Jongho was finding it impossible to continue listening and was instead focusing on the building pressure in his chest. A few more minutes and he was good to go, free to get in his car and drive to his apartment where his fiance and daughter currently were, unaware of how much pain Jongho was feeling. Jongho had told Mingi how much it had hurt before when he'd waited too long to feed but the older would never know that pain and complaining about it helped him a lot in terms of getting the stress out of his system. 

He had almost missed it but with five minutes left of class, his teacher finished his discussion and blessed the class with an early leave and even though it was only by five minutes, Jongho was grateful none the less and was taking it. He swiftly collected his belongings and rushed out the door, almost knocking over a boy in the process but narrowly missing him. He heard him say something, most likely rude, but Jongho ignored it, caring about nothing more than getting home to Jiwoo and Mingi. 

Jongho sent a quick text to Mingi telling him he was coming home and not so discreetly cupped one of his swollen s, finding that the action relieved some of the pressure. He didn’t particularly care for the stare he got from someone in the hallway outside his class because he was a feeding mother with a hungry baby at home. He was allowed to be unapologetic in his actions and do what made him feel better, especially when he was hurting in the way he was. They weren't feeling what he was feeling. 

He all nearly sprinted with an arm held over his chest to help him run so he didn't feel the ache even worse. He needed to get to the car that was thankfully parked very close to the lecture hall Jongho had been in. Getting out of that parking lot at the same time as everyone else was a nightmare to navigate but he was the first one to reach his car and this ensured swift departure. Jongho threw himself inside, buckled up, and his car, speedily yet carefully backing out of his parking spot and then going on his way. His music was playing loud and it served further as a distraction from the ache and pain. He really needed to get home. 

Their apartment was ten minutes away and to his amazement, Jongho managed to not soak through his shirt before he walked through the front door. He had been in such a rush that he fumbled with everything, including taking his keys out of his backpack, going as far as dropping them along with his phone right in front of the door. He momentarily thought the world was against him as he bent over and picked up his belongings. Jongho really needed to get to his daughter and he was just aching to feed her, but not even just for that. Jongho loved his daughter so much and holding her after a long day made him feel immensely better. Jiwoo was only two months old and hadn't been in his life for very long at all, but he loved her so much and he considered her his best friend besides Mingi. 

Finally opening the front door and walking in, Jongho was immediately met with the sight of Mingi meandering with Jiwoo. He was cradling her in his arms, holding her tight and close to his chest. His smile was so wide, bright, loving as he stared down at their daughter, eyes formed in crescents. Out of the two of them, Jongho would say that Mingi was the most excited about Jiwoo. To be fair, Jongho was also very excited after the initial shock of becoming a parent, but his excitement had paled in comparison to Mingi's. Becoming a father had been an ultimate goal of Mingi's and he had mentioned it a few times in their relationship before Jongho had gotten pregnant. Finally having one had him in a constant state of bliss and he had yet to groan or complain about the trials of being a father. Jongho had complained many times about how tired he was, but he had never heard Mingi say one thing about the sleep deprivation and the panics of learning parenthood. He kept silent and to himself and instead lived in the moment, not giving a second to the frustrations. He was pretty amazing in Jongho's eyes. 

Closing the door behind him, Jongho heard Mingi start speaking up, but not to him. To their daughter, "Whose that? Is that Mama? Should we go say hello to him?" he started walking towards Jongho with his eyes still focused down on Jiwoo. When he did look up with that same bright smile, he made eye contact with Jongho and the younger was done for. That crooked tooth and those small eyes really had him melting for his fiancé, and he returned it with just as much adoration. He loved this man. 

"Hello," Jongho greeted first with a dopey smile when he was close enough to Mingi, kissing his lips with a short fervor before he remembered why he had come home in such a rush, s having made contact with Mingi's chest. He slid his backpack off to throw it on the couch and faced his daughter, pleased to see her tongue darting out in search of something to on, ready to eat her next meal, "And hello to you, Ducky," Jongho greeted as he started to carefully remove Jiwoo from Mingi's arms, the older knowing his fiancé's intentions. 

“It’s like your mommy senses were tingling. She just started to fuss and I was just about to make her a bottle," Mingi stated as he gently placed their daughter in Jongho's arms. He was sad to let her go, but he knew what had to be done or they would soon have an angry baby on their hands, and Jiwoo was loud when she wanted to be. 

“Oh, I’d much rather prefer she feed over formula,” Jongho stated as he held his daughter's head in his hand, balancing her small body on his forearm as he headed towards the couch. He cooed at her, making sure to place kisses all over his daughter's face before he would have to lay her across his chest. Her soft skin smelled so new and fresh, something purely baby and purely Jiwoo. She smelled like new baby, baby powder, and Mingi, something Jongho adored. 

Of course, there was nothing wrong with formula or bottle feeding. They had a container of formula in the house for emergencies and when Jongho wasn’t home to feed her in time, but most of the time Jongho wanted to feed her every chance he had. It built a bond with his daughter and it was honestly one of the best times of the day for him. Being able to feed her with his own body was pretty amazing and he’d rather take that opportunity to do so. If she had needed a bottle today then that was okay and if it was formula that was okay too. It was Jongho's fault for not pumping that morning anyway, so beggars can't be choosers. He was just happy he'd made it home in time to have his long-awaited baby time, "I missed you so much today, Ducky. You made it hard for mama to concentrate and you weren't even with me." 

Jiwoo cooed in response, happy that her mother was home and about to feed her, little hands gripping onto his shirt. She was starting to get her own personality even though she was still so small and young. She was a very loving and cuddly baby, something Jongho hadn't particularly been too fond of before being pregnant. Mingi was more tactile than Jongho and the younger getting pregnant made him even more so, leaving Jongho to acclimate to the major changes his fiance had forced on him. Having the baby had him needing skin on skin contact more than he had ever wanted in his life. 

"Are you hungry at all? Anything I could make you?" Mingi inquires as he moves to grab Jongho's shoes that were haphazardly thrown behind him in his hurry to get to their daughter, straightening them by the front entrance. It was past lunchtime and knowing Jongho, he'd forgotten to grab his lunch from home and instead had gone to his classes on an empty stomach, "I know I'm not the best cook but I could heat up some leftover kimchi jigae and you could have that. I was making some rice for tonight too if you want some," Mingi had once burned rice in their kitchen and ever since Jongho was afraid to let him do anything unsupervised in that part of the apartment. As though Mingi was remembering this suddenly, he changed tactics in case the rice

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter