La Vida Sense Tu [2/2][END]

Life Without You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joohyun let out a sigh, leaning back against her seat. Why people had to make everything more complicated? She looked at the bunch of documents in front of her. She typed a number on her phone.

“Hello, Yerim? Can you send me the file about the store in Busan?”

‘Sure, I do that right away.’

“Thanks a lot.”

Joohyun hung up, her eyes locked on the screen of her laptop. She opened the document that Yerim just sent her. She cast another glance at the first document in front of her. A knock against the door interrupted her thoughts.

“Yes?”

Jennie opened the door, her tablet in her hand. She stepped in and opened to talk. But Joohyun interrupted her, a sad expression on her face.

“Don’t tell me there is something wrong. Please.”

Jennie chuckled at the older woman’s desperation. “Actually, I got that for you.” She handed her an envelope. And you have a visitor.”

“Hi, Hyun.” Seulgi popped in the doorway.

“I’ll let you. Tell me about this.” Jennie said, pointing the brown envelope.

Joohyun nodded as her co-worker closed the door.

“What’s bringing you there?” Joohyun smiled, and Seulgi sat at the desk.

“Well, I thou—“

Seulgi suddenly stopped talking, the office was silent. The younger woman frowned when she distinguished a slight sound. Joohyun cleared , taking her phone. Seulgi looked at her. She smiled, she could recognise that tone between thousands.

“So?” Joohyun opened her cheeks weren’t too red at the moment.

“It’s lunchtime. I bought you lunch.” Joohyun’s face softly lightened. “It’s kimchi.”

“Thank you, Seul.”

The older woman cast a glance at the time. She put all her documents aside to make some space. Seulgi stared at her. Joohyun was definitely beautiful.

“How was your morning?” Seulgi asked as she put the boxes on the desk.

Joohyun shrugged and started telling her how everything went.

 

Seulgi went out of the office, a slight smile on her lips.

“Disturbing my employee, Kang Seulgi?”

The called woman turned around, discovering a blonde woman. Seulgi immediately smiled.

“Hi, Yongsun. I promise it was just twenty minutes for lunch.”

Yongsun was Joohyun’s boss but also one of her friends. Seulgi and Yongsun never really had time to talk to each other. Joohyun introduced her girlfriend to her one day when she was about to go back home with Seulgi. But Yongsun was a friendly person.

“I like that better.” The older of the two said on a teasing tone. “I didn’t have a chance to personally thank you for your work.”

“I was only doing my job.”

“Doing your job and doing a great job are two different things.” Seulgi looked at her silently. “Anyway, I need to get going. Bye.”

“Goodbye.” Seulgi mumbled, looking at the woman going away.

 

Joohyun lazily opened her eyes, she felt a familiar warmth against her. She immediately closed her eyes again, enjoying that moment a little more.

“Hyun. It’s late. We should eat something.”

Joohyun groaned, tightening her hug around her human bear. “Seul, please. A few more minutes.”

Seulgi smiled, planting a kiss on the top of the older woman’s head. “Okay, only because you’re cute and I love you very much.”

Joohyun buried her head in her girlfriend’s neck a bit more.

“I love you too, Seul.”

They went back to a comfortable silence for a couple of seconds, enjoying e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter