La Vida Sense Tu [1/2]

Life Without You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joohyun hated this song. She didn’t know what it was, she didn’t know what it was about, but she didn’t care. It was stuck in her mind for the past days. She hated her soulmate and their horrible taste in music. Honestly, she couldn’t even recognise the language. She sounded like some sort of Spanish or Italian or whatever. It wasn’t like she cared anyway. She just wished her soulmate wasn’t listening to that so many times lately.

Joohyun took another sip of coffee, sighing. Her shared flat was silent. The only thing she could hear was that stupid song. She groaned, dropping her head in defeat.

“You okay, Joohyun?” Seungwan asked, a small smile on her lips.

“No.” The older woman looked at her friend. “I won’t survive. Why can’t they listen to something else?”

Seungwan let out a chuckle, kind of amused by Joohyun’s state.

“It’s not funny. I don’t even know what it is about. Who would do that?”

“What do you mean?”

Joohyun shook her head. “They know I hear it, right?” The younger woman nodded. “Then why this song?”

Seungwan shrugged before answering. “Maybe they’re not Korean.” They stared at each other for a second. “Or maybe they like the rhythm or something, and they enjoy listening to it.”

Joohyun sighed again. Maybe Seungwan was right. But there were so many songs. Why always the same? What kind of normal human could listen to the same song over and over, for days?

Deep down, Joohyun was still curious about her soulmate. She didn’t know them yet, but they were her soulmate, so she was going to genuinely fall in love with them and nothing would be able to tear them apart. She wondered how it was possible. Why there was someone out there that she could love more than herself? Why that person? But she found it ironical. She kept complaining about that song, knowing she would fall in love with the person listening to it. And as much as she hated it, she will love her soulmate.

“I need to go to work. I don’t want to be late.” Joohyun mumbled before standing up.

“You’re never late.” Seungwan answered, her tone slightly teasing the older woman.

 

Joohyun reached her office on time, like every day. Because Seungwan was right, after all, Joohyun was never late. She had an appointment today. An important one for the company. She was going to meet a new graphic designer. The CEO trusted Joohyun’s choice. She had chosen that graphic designer by her posts on Instagram. The young woman posted her drawings, logos and everything related to her drawing passion. Joohyun thought it could be a good opportunity for the talented younger woman.

Joohyun heard a knock. She breathed quietly, getting ready.

“Come in.” She spoke loud enough to be heard without yelling.

Joohyun discovered a tall woman with long raven hair, perfect features and a catching smile.

“Good morning Ms Bae.” Her voice sounded really enthusiastic, maybe too much for Joohyun.

“Please, call me Joohyun. You are Kang Seulgi, right?”

“That’s me.” They stared at each other for a second and Joohyun felt her cheeks becoming red in a second.

“S-Sit down.”  

Joohyun tried not to appear cold, but her sudden stutter troubled her. She wasn’t the type to stutter or blush. Joohyun was a confident and strong woman, but definitely not in front of Seulgi. And weirdly, she didn’t hate what was happening. She thought that the rest of the interview would be harder than she had imagined.

 

Joohyun was kind of wandering around in the corridor of the building. She knew where she wanted to go. But it seemed that her body wasn’t following her mind. Her mind which was busy with that stupid song.

Joohyun found her way to Seulgi’s office. It was very quiet. Or it should have been if Joohyun’s soulmate wasn’t listening to that song again. The older woman reached Seulgi’s desk, looking over her shoulder to catch a glimpse of her work.

“Seulgi?” Joohyun called her, but she didn’t receive any answer. She slightly frowned and pushed the younger’s shoulder.

“Huh?” Seulgi quickly turned around, removing one of her earphones. “Sorry, I didn’t hear you coming.”

The music was so loud that Joohyun could hear it from the earbuds. She recognised this tone.

“What can I do for you?” Seulgi asked, turning the music off as well as Joohyun’s thoughts.

“I, hm, I was checking how you—work, how work is going…?”

Seulgi flashed a grin and proudly showed her sketch. “Great. I have a lot of inspirations for that job.”

Joohyun didn’t mutter a word and only nodded. She put her eyes on Seulgi again. “You’re listening to music while working?”

“I do. It helps me to focus.” The younger admitted.

“You must have songs stuck in your mind.” Joohyun mumbled out of control. She felt her cheeks becoming red out of embarrassment.

“Are you worried about my soulmate?” Seulgi asked, her tone mixed with seriousness and teasing.

“What no.” The younger of the two smiled, and Joohyun was unable to hold her gaze any longer. “Just saying.”

“Lately, I have a particular love song.” Seulgi turned around to her work again. “I hope my soulmate like it as much as I do.”

Joohyun stared at the younger’s back, thinking. “Why?”

“Because it’s a beautiful song. And it would be even better if we meet thanks to this one.”

It was burning Joohyun’s tongue. What song was it? Why was it so particular? Joohyun wished she could have those answered for hers. The song she hated that much, that song could also change her life.

“I will let you go back working.” She only spoke those words before leaving, an almost sad smile on her lips.

 

Joohyun let out a sigh. She loved her job, she really did. But she was so unfocused today, it was tiring. Her brain couldn’t let her live for one second. It was always full of—

“Hello.” A familiar voice called her near the door.

The older woman looked up.

“Seulgi. I was thinking about you—your work.” Joohyun cleared , feeling slightly embarrassed.

Seulgi smiled and walked in, taking a seat in front of the older’s desk.

“What’s about my work?”

Joohyun blinked twice, staring in the younger girl’s eyes. Nothing. She wasn’t thinking about Seulgi’s work at all. She was thinking about her new pretty co-worker, definitely not her work. Though, Seulgi wasn’t that new anymore. She had been working here for a couple of weeks.

“Is it… going well?”

Seulgi showed a grin, almost making her eyes disappear. “Very. I’m working on the first set of brochures.” They both went silent, Joohyun’s look still on the younger woman. “Do you want to take a break and have a coffee or something?”

“S-Sure.”

 

That was how Joohyun found herself with a hot chocolate because, hot choco makes everything warmer, and (a really cute) Seulgi.

 “I swear, Joohyun. We were so busy talking that we didn’t notice the boat was going to the bushes.”

The ol

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter