Final

Longing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I want to come see you.”

Jongin states it like there's no room for argument. Yukhei rolls in the hotel room bed, his body bouncing gently against the mattress in the dark. A soft, sad smile moves his lips at Jongin's words filling his ears. Jongin has given Yukhei no room to argue, but his reply is just that. 

“But what about Taemin.” Yukhei's voice is a whisper, despite being alone in his hotel room. “Won't he get-”

“Xuxi.” Jongin cuts him off with a huff, and Yukhei knows perfectly well why. It’s not the distance that Yukhei brings up, the fact that he’s recording a show in Shanghai, and Jongin is back in Seoul pounding out both training, and appearances alike. No, that’d be a reasonable argument. It’s the ever sore subject of Taemin, Jongin’s best friend, sometimes with benefits, that Yukhei was putting forwards to deter Jongin from a spontaneous, and rather rash decision.

“I miss you.” Jongin reiterates, his voice tender with longing. “I want to come see you.”

Yukhei’s chest swells at Jongin’s admission, letting the words ease the ache that distance and jealousy had left him bruised with. Jongin's words hang between them, the faint sound of Jongin's breath on the other line, a gentle lullaby in Yukhei's ear. 

Its a dangerous game Yukhei is playing with his heart. The amount of thought he’d dedicated to Jongin the past few months was more than a casual fling should warrant. Yukhei was too easy with his heart, quick to love and easy to hurt. Yukhei was perfectly aware of this about himself, yet he couldn’t help the jump in his chest, or the butterflies in his stomach, everytime his p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter