Last goodbye

Stand with You till the End

When EunJu had snuck out that night her mother found out and thus she was forced to stay home next day and not allow her to go roaming around. She sat in her room with the window open. Watched as the birds singed and as the sky was clear, it was such a beautiful day to be out and about, but yet she just had to get caught and now she's paying for it "eunju can you please go and feed the animals" she finally went out of her room and was only to make it out to the animals pen feeding the pigs and chickens. She also drew some water for the donkey and horse. 

-Back at the Brothel-

The stranger and his servant went back to the brothel so that he could hear the mytserious lady play music again "young master why are we here again? and espically durning the day" the stranger slightly smirked "ayee is it because of the the girl?" he went in without answering his servant, as soon as they went inside the girls threw themsevles onto them "welcome if it isn't you again young master, and whom may I have serve you" he looks around and sees ga-in at the gayaguem "her ,she servered me last night, is she better now?" madame was a bit confused "yes her health is well , please I will lead you to a room and bring her at once" when they had seattled in the servant left the young man by himself and ga-In followed after with someone tea. Setting it down she pours tea and hands it to the young master "are you feeling better, now that you're not covering your face?" she nodds "yes I'm feeling better" she figured that eunju must have covered her face last night so that no one knew that it wasn't her "play me a song will ya" ga-in went to her gayaguem and started playing. The 2nd prince placed his cup down as ga-in was playing "stop" with that said ga-in stopped. He than looked at her with a percing look , she suddenly got a nervous feeling "who are you?" 

"bwoh? I don't understan-"

"The girl last night, who played for the audience and served me last night...it wasn't you was it" Ga In was now on edge, her eyes widen " Judging from your expression I'm right. Your skills are quite different from the girl last night I knew right away when you had started playing, now...who was she?" Ga-In begin bowing "I'm sorry please forgive me, I didn't mean to trick you , it was just that...I was out last night with another man, and his friend was the one who took my place...Please I beg you don't tell the madame, she will kick me out if she knew please pleasee" The secound prince stood up "tell me who this girl is"

-BACK AT THE HOUSE-

Eunju was putting some fire wood at the back of the old shed, when she had came back out, she spotted her appa reading an old book and writing down poems like he dose "appa are you reading again " he nodded "yes indeed ,you should know that I read to calm my mind " she smiled as she sat next to him. When she was young her appa already taught her the many lauguages of poetry. Their family wasn't too poor, but they were well off to where they can survive each day. Secretly she would buy her appa some books that have poetry and say that it was given free to her "which is your favorite poem appa?" he recited a poem that spoke of the seasons and how the seasons is a part of life, and how humans are like seasons , he than asked eunju what her favorite poem was "mine?...My name is not of any importance, but the sun that pours its radient light onto me is my strength and the flowers are gifts, than when will love blossom?" her appa gave her a goofy look "oh talking about love now are we" she laughed "appa, I'm planning to stay with you and umma for the longest time I'm not going anywhere" she smiled. From a far she hears some clear their throat. They both looked up. It was minho, and the stranger "EUNJU!" minho called *PABO WHY DID YOU BRING HIM HERE* quickly she got up and went over to them "oh ho ho what are you doing here minho?" she glances over to the stranger who kept his sight on her " oh well this fellow here was looking for you" 

"jinja?" she looks over to him " oh hello sir" minho greeted her appa "well hello to you both young men, what is your business here?" 

"well my friend here was acutally looking for eunju" 

"really and how do you know my daughter?" Eunju who stood behind her father started making x's with her arms indicating not to tell about the brothel "oh...well I acutally helped her at the street market, someone looked like he was taking advantage of her, I simple stepped in to stop them" eunju stopped and realize that did happen, and he did help "It's just I never got her name , and saw she was close friends with minho here" her father nodded "well since you both are here, would you like some tea, my daughter makes very good tea" 

"ah appa, they both must be busy they probably won't have time" 

"nonsense come on you both" her appa was determind since he liked the mysterious young man already. The three men sat outside , as eun ju brewd some tea, and made some sweets "whos that youngman right there" her mother questioned "He's a friend" was all she said, as she placed the tea and sweets on the tray. Setting it down, she begin serving the tea, placing smaller plates for the sweets, she quickly ran away into the house in her room "I swear I will kill him !" for the rest of the night she stayed in her room, she pulled out some books on poetry "may I ask how you know my daughter?" he pointed to minho "ahh she and I met at the lake side couple years ago, I often see her fishing and wondering the land" her father nodded "very acceptable for marriage" he said in a whisper " what was that sir?" her father quickly waved it off "its nothing nothing, and you...I haven't seen you before, you seem like a well off fellow, what was your name?" yoongie straighten up a bit " My name is Min YoonGi please to meet you, I just moved here recently , father is a fabric sales person who sales the finest silks" her appa did the samething and his hair chin "another well fellow too ..." after a while the sun had gone down.

"well it seems the night has come to an end young masters" her father was sending the two young men off , after having such a great time talking to them "AYE Eunju your friends are leaving" she opens her window that is faced right in front of the yard "annyeong " she then quickly closed it "my how rude" minho said, while yoongi slightly chuckled. As the two guys walked minho started a conversation between the two. Yoongi mentioned how he helped eunju that night when she was almost taken advantage of by ban ryu. Minho informed yoongi of what kind of person ban ryu is "so thats why she was late, I had asked her to do me a favor at the brothel, she took the place of a musican there, she said there was a customer who asked for her, I paniced a bit when she told me, but she said she wasn't touched" yoongi smiled "is that so" they both arrive at the road where it branches off into two ways "I'm headed this way" yoongi bows "thanks for showing me where she lives" he than walks away "my he's somewhat a strange fellow...I like him" minho starts to head home. As yoongi walked he came to a stop "you can come out now, its not like I don't know your basically my shadow" from the dark out came a young man with long hair dressed in all black and a sword on the side for protection " Young master your father has sent a message, we must hurry back" yoongi sighed as they both headed back home.

--2 days later--

"did you hear, the king is doing another selection for the prince's this year again"

"bwoh...is it another selection for his son's the princes?" the towns people were talking about what was happening. Early in the morning there was a message that was posted in the village for villagers

"To all those who reads this, it has been in discussed by the king and the inner court that there will be another selection choosing of concubine/Consort for the 7 princes. To family's who have daughters when the sun rises tomorrow at it's hightest the royal soilders will come for them and safely them to the palace, there they will be randomly and personally be choosen by the Prince's themselves, only 7 will be choosen , those who are are not chosen will be sent back to their families

-Royal Court

Eunju's mother who was with some of her friends. They sat outside of the friends house sipping on tea and started talking about the news. It spread quickly among everyone actually "my wouldn't it be great for our daugthers? this is actually a great a oppertunity for them to enter into high status and save us from our poor lives" eunju's mother didn't like where the conversation was headed "right they can actually provide for us" 

"really so all the hard work of raising you're child and your just going to use them like this?" they all looked to GaYoon "What ?"

"Don't you want he best for your child? why would you even do that?"

"Calm down , besides haven't you once in your life, would want a good stable life with some money to spend?" she placed her cup of tea down "What I want more than anything is to see my daughter well off, be loved by a man who will actually take care of her, and not just use her as a baby making machine, and be surround by my grandchildren" all the mothers now felt some guilt, after all they know about gayoon and jiwoon not being able to have a child. The villagers found it strange that they suddenly had a child, but never really questioned it. It was only a talk of the town "I must get going now" she quickly squried up with her basket and left back home. On the way back she saw the message almost everywhere. She took one and placed it in her basket. When she had arrived home her husband also at the same time got back from wood cutting "yebo I have something to talk to you about" he set everything outside and placed his ex near the door "Where is eunju?" he scratched his head "aye If I recall she said she went to visit a friend for the day I agreed to let her go" she sits him down and pulls out the paper "yebo...I'll be frank right now...I don't want our daughter to become a concubin nor a consort, I know only certain girls are choose, but that doesn't mean our eunju is safe" she starts stressing, he looks to the paper reading it throughly "I felt like it was just yesterday when you found her and brought her home" she starts shedding tears "my heart will not be able to stand it if she is taken away from us" jiwoo went over to his wife who is now crying fully.

 

He embraces her as she continues "I'll do all I can to protect her" he rubbs her back "yebo please...I don't know why but I just have this bad feeling...please" while holding her like child he stares at the message "yebo...I think I have a plan" she quickly wipes her tears away "jinja? what is it?" he heavly sighs. After a long day eunju comes back home before the sun could set "phew just in time" she was greeted by her parents who had bags of stuff with them "umma...appa whats going on?" jiwoon and gayoon smiled akwardly "oh sweet heart we are going to go to the farm house on the hill side to sleep for tonight, the stars are suppose to show brightly, so lets go" Her umma gave some stuff to carry as they made there way before it gets too dark. After a while they arrived at a small cottage "umma...I'm hun..gry" she was trying to breathe after a while of walking with heavy stuff. They placed their things in the house. Eunju was fixing her bed, while her umma and appa prepared some food. She came out when they had set the bowls out with the food. A type of Congee with vegetables and fish "woah looks great" she starts eatting as soon as the bowl of congee was given to her. Her umma watched her with a sort of sad smile

-FLASH BACK-

"YEBO my plan, why don't we hide her?"

"Hide her?" gayoon shook her head "no they will find her"

"not at the farm house we have at the side of the hill, we leave her there for just one day and we go into hiding as well just till the soilders pass by and see we are not here, we will come back than"

"but she will find her way back" he quickly left for a split secound and came back "not if we put this on the door" he held a lock "we have extra wood that I could use to block the back door and windows" for a second Gayoon was hesitant "don't worry we tell her that its a night trip to see the stars as a family since we haven't done that the longest time and than we cook and make sure to put this in her food" he pulled a small packet of something from his pocket "its sleeping powder "she gasped "we put it in her bowl, that way we all eat but she will only the only one to eat the powder"

-END OF FLASHBACK-

After eatting Eunju felt drozy "eunju-ah are you okay?" she nodded even though she was cleary feeling the effects of the sleeping powder "come you must be tired"

"but umma the stars" she was guided to the bed "its okay sweetheart sleep" eunju at this moment was sleeping "how long will it last yebo, I should last till alittle moring, that way she won't wake up in the middle of the night" she nodded, they begin preppying the windows and finally the door blocked with a big piece of wood and a lock. Putting the last blockage Jiwoo and gayoon held hands as they also went into hiding "don't worry we will be back when this is all over" they walk away from the farm house and into the woods of the unknown.