I'll Search For You

Universe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Tzu tzu."

Tzuyu turned, staring at Sana, her wife, who was standing behind her. The corner of her lips curled up and she smiled warmly.

"Yeah?" She asked, her brows creasing in confusion.

"I want to search for my birth parents," Sana said, walking closer and pulled Tzuyu into a warm embrace. "I know you'll be worried, but I really want to know who gave me my life. There must be someone in this universe who knows them. Also, the genetic database should have some sort of a clue."

Tzuyu fell silent – it wasn't because she didn't want Sana to go, but more like she wanted to go to the search with her.

Wherever Sana goes, Tzuyu just wants to be by her side.

"I – "

Not giving Tzuyu a chance to speak, Sana placed her index finger on Tzuyu's lips gently.

"Don't go with me. You have a kingdom to rule, don't let Jeongyeon unnie do all the work," Sana chuckled, removing her index finger from Tzuyu's lips, her warm palm caressing Tzuyu's cheeks. "Your kingdom needs her queen."

"But my heart needs her queen too," Tzuyu said, her right hand resting on top of Sana's. "Let me go with you."

"I'll be back soon. Safely," Sana promised, her hand turning to lift Tzuyu's hand and pecked it.

You'll be back, soon.

Tzuyu agreed to let Sana to go on her adventure.

 

––––

 

So how did Tzuyu, a princess of the Chou Kingdom met Sana?

It was because of something that happened when Tzuyu was fourteen.

That day, Tzuyu was tired of her life in the palace, tired of a whole day of studies and responsibilities on her small shoulders – that she ran away for a day.

Of course, she left a letter saying that she'll be back before evening, asking her teacher and parents to not worry about her.

She walked in the busy market in the square of the town, her cold eyes skimming the market with merchants yelling for people to visit their stalls.

That was until she passed by an alleyway and she saw a pink-haired girl sitting on the rock stairs, using the same cold eyes to stare at the people in the market.

Their gazes met.

Tzuyu was shook – a little – she'd never expected to see someone of her own age, who was supposed to be cheerful, happy and naive – to have the same cold eyes as her, looking as if in despair; as if she was disappointed by the people in this world; as if she was tired of life.

Tzuyu looked cold, normally, but that was because she hadn't had any siblings. Since she was young, she only had her parents, her teacher, and her "sisters" who accompanied her when she was studying with her teacher – Nayeon and Jeongyeon. There was no one who were able to see Tzuyu's sincere smile other than them who are closest to her.

Yet, there were some tear streaks on the girl's cheeks.

Maybe it was because of her curiousity about that girl, or maybe it was because Tzuyu wanted to know more about the back story of this girl, she started walking towards the girl.

"Hey, my name is Tzuyu," Tzuyu introduced herself, but she didn't mention her surname.

"Minatozaki Sana."

Tzuyu took her light blue handkerchief out from her pocket and gave it to the pink-haired girl. "Please, wipe the tear streaks off your cheeks."

Sana was a little surprised, and she immediately took Tzuyu's handkerchief and wiped her cheeks clean clumsily.

After a while, Tzuyu asked, "Are you okay?"

Sana sighed. "No, I'm not. My goods for my small business were robbed by some useless men."

"You have a business? You're only in high school...right? Then why do you need to have your own business?" Words slipped from Tzuyu's lips.

Sana didn't look at her. "I'm an orphan, no orphanage was willing to take me in, so I wasn't enrolled in a school and I needed my own money. So I found some merchants who were willing to give me some goods to sell for my own business."

Tzuyu kept silent for a while, knowing that she'd hurt the older girl with her words. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked."

"It's fine."

Just like that, an awkward silence fell between them.

"If I'm able to let you get educated, will you come with me?" Tzuyu asked, looking at how Sana's eyes lit up at her question.

Although after a few seconds, Sana's eyes dimmed. "How can I go with you when I barely know you?"

Tzuyu smiled, "From what you have experienced, I don't think running away from me if I tried to hurt you is a problem for you, right?"

And just like that, Sana took Tzuyu's outstretched hand.

 

–––

 

"Hey, what were you thinking?"

Tzuyu straightened her back up, and she felt Sana's backhugging her.

"Thinking of you."

She turned her head and pecked Sana's soft lips.

Sana giggled. "I'm leaving in two hours, will you miss me?"

"What can I do even if I start missing you already?" Tzuyu sighed, "I'll wait for your return, my queen."

"I will return, my Queen."

Sana rested her chin on Tzuyu's shoulders, noting how strong Tzuyu's shoulder is right now. They leaned their heads together as they watched the sun set.

Waiting for the moment when Sana was going to leave.

 

"Jeongyeon unnie! Has everything set up?" Tzuyu asked Jeongyeon, who was busy setting up the settings of the spaceship that Sana was going to use.

Jeongyeon flashed an "OK" sign to her and came out from the spaceship. "Sana, when you're in the spaceship, you just need to set your destination and it'll depart automatically. Have you given Nayeon unnie your schedules?"

Sana nodded, "Yeah, I have."

"You have to be careful, Sana-yah," Jihyo who came hurriedly looked worried.

"Don't worry too much, Jihyo unnie, I'm sure Sana unnie will be fine, right?" Tzuyu said as she stared at Sana with a firm gaze.

"Yeah."

"Sana unnie!" 

Two voices came at the same time as footsteps rushed over. Two high school girls ran over to hug Sana.

Minjoo clinged herself onto Sana, her tears still obvious on her cheeks; Hyewon, on the other hand, did not cry, but she looked sad as Sana was going to leave.

"Alright, unnie's gonna go, and I'll come back home soon! Because I promised Tzuyu unnie and you girls," Sana chuckled as she pinched Minjoo's puffed-up cheeks and patted Hyewon's raven hair. "You two listen to what Tzuyu says, alright? And wait for me to come back."

"Okay!"

The two young girls nodded seriously, giving a peck on both Sana's cheeks at their respective sides.

Minjoo and Hyewon stepped back as they looked at Tzuyu, leaving some space for the couple.

Tzuyu stepped forward and pulled Sana into an embrace.

"Please, come back safely."

Sana nodded on Tzuyu's shoulders, her tone shaky as she tried not to cry, "I will."

And it wasn't until another few moments when Tzuyu and the others watched as Sana walked into the spaceship, and the spaceship departed, disappearing at the skyline.

 

–––

 

"You're...Princess Chou?" Sana asked as her jaw dropped to the ground when she saw the palace in front of them.

Tzuyu pulled Sana over gently and led her into the palace, "Is there a problem with it?"

"I'm not someone who can enter the palace like this," Sana stopped in her track, unwilling to follow Tzuyu into the great hall. She stared at the dirts in her palm and her untidy and dirty clothes...

She wasn't supposed to be here, right?

Although Tzuyu was only fourteen, but she was already taller than the sixteen-years-old Sana. She walked forwards and stood in front of Sana, leaning down a little to reach Sana's eye level and stared at her.

"Rich or poor does not matter for education."

With that, Tzuyu took Sana's hands into hers and brought her to meet her father.

Sana couldn't imagine how mature Tzuyu was, even though Tzuyu was only fourteen years old. Was it because of the education in the palace, in order to prepare her for becoming the future ruler of the Chou Kingdom?

As she thought deeply, they'd arrived in His Majesty's workplace.

"My father," Tzuyu folded her right arm in front of her chest and bowed. Sana did the same hurriedly.

"Tzuyu? Who's that girl?" King Chou asked, clearly confused, "You brought a girl back the only time you went out without a permission?"

"She's an orphan, my Father. There wasn't any orphanage who was willing to take her in so she couldn't get educated. I hope she can get educated alongside me in the palace," Tzuyu said.

The emperor thought for a while and agreed, "Alright, it's better that you'll have more friends to accompany you. Nayeon and Jeongyeon were always out after classes and you had to stay in the palace for some kingdom works to be done. You would like to have someone to accompany you, right?"

"Yeah," Tzuyu nodded. "She's Minatozaki Sana, sixteen years old."

When they were on the way to the palace, they'd talked about themselves a little to get to know each other a little more.

Sana couldn't believe what she heard – the King agreed, just like that? Even the orphanage wasn't willing to take her in, yet she was let into the palace with Tzuyu so easily?

After telling the King that Sana would be having the room beside hers, Tzuyu led Sana to her room.

"Are you okay? Did we scared you just now? I'm really sorry for bringing you to meet my father suddenly," Tzuyu apologised as she pushed the door to Sana's room open.

Sana shook her head, "It's nothing. I'm really grateful that you and the King are willing to let me get educated with you in the palace."

Tzuyu smiled a little, "It's fine, I don't want a girl like you to give up the chance for getting educated. Anyways, this is your room, and mine is just beside you. If you have anything or if you want to go anywhere, just knock on my door and I'll help you with it."

"Thank you, Princess Chou," Sana looked at Tzuyu apologetically.

"Just call me Tzuyu will be fine."

After that, Tzuyu closed the door and left.

Sana grabbed a set of clothes and went for a shower. She'll be eternally grateful for Tzuyu, for she gave her an oppurtunity to get education.

To be honest, if Sana didn't meet Tzuyu just now, she would've became a slave since she didn't have her goods and money anymore.

It was Tzuyu who saved her, and even gave her a chance to study.

She needed to study hard for her future.

Now, the identity of her biological parents didn't seem to be as important to her as before – she wants to study hard and become someone who can help Tzuyu in the future for her kingdom.

She wants to repay Tzuyu.

 

–––

 

"Look, Tzuyu! These are my new friends, Kim Dahyun!" Sana spoke in the video call to Tzuyu, excited. "And her lover, Hirai Momo! They're such great friends!"

The couple smiled to Tzuyu, "Nice to meet you, Your Majesty."

Tzuyu smiled, "Don't be too awkward, you're all Sana's friends, just call me Tzuyu."

"They helped me looked through the genetic database and we've found some people who has similar DNA with me. Two of them had already passed away, but I'll pay their family a visit nonetheless. I'll tell you about what I discovered! It's progressing fast, don't you think, Tzuyu-yah?" Sana said as her eyes shone.

"Yeah, then you'll come back to my side sooner," after knowing what she said instinctively, Tzuyu only remembered that both Dahyun and Momo were in the video call too. Warmth spread over her cheeks like fire burning it.

"Looks like Sana unnie and Tzuyu are really sweet," Dahyun said as she pecked Momo's cheeks. "We need to be sweeter than them, Momo unnie!"

Momo puffed her cheeks cutely and nodded, her face serious, "Of course! How could we lose to Sana!"

Tzuyu laughed heartily. They were fun to be with.

They didn't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter